Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: 22/23 Injury & Suspension list

Post by Offside »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:45 am
Hot_Charlie wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:24 am
Darc Tiger wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:54 am Chess was wandering around with some of the boys at the Newcastle game. Didn't see anything impeding him.
With Dolly no longer on crutches.
Dolly posted a video of him throwing his knee brace in the bin about 2 months ago.
I hope someone fished it out. They are very expensive and reusable - speaking as someone who has just paid for one not covered by my son’s insurance. The physio fitting it gave us the packaging and said sell it on eBay when your finished with it to recoup some cash.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Not sure if this has been mentioned but there is an Instagram photo of Taufetee with a cast on his wrist.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:37 pm Not sure if this has been mentioned but there is an Instagram photo of Taufetee with a cast on his wrist.
Also on Twitter here.. I'll add him to the list

https://twitter.com/LeicesterTigers/sta ... uNcoQ&s=19
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:37 pm Not sure if this has been mentioned but there is an Instagram photo of Taufetee with a cast on his wrist.
Better sign Barbeary quickly :smt003
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

That'll be a blow to the USA's world cup hopes
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

sapajo wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:52 pm
Why sign a number 8 to replace a hooker
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://twitter.com/willgkelleher/statu ... nX9AA&s=19

Porter involved in full contact training again post injury so removing him from the list.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:07 pm
Because he's a prodigious back-row talent that doesn't become available very often, and in the very short term we could make do at hooker with Clare, Horton and Vanes.

And in a real emergency you ask Barbeary to play hooker which - when he broke into senior rugby - was his preferred position.

:smt003
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:49 pm

Because he's a prodigious back-row talent that doesn't become available very often, and in the very short term we could make do at hooker with Clare, Horton and Vanes.

And in a real emergency you ask Barbeary to play hooker which - when he broke into senior rugby - was his preferred position.

As far as I’m aware he hasn’t hooked for the last 2 seasons. No matter how strong he is it would be very dangerous to ask him to go back in there. I know there are some players that rotate between hooker and back row, but he doesn’t
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:52 pm
Hot_Charlie wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:49 pm

As far as I’m aware he hasn’t hooked for the last 2 seasons. No matter how strong he is it would be very dangerous to ask him to go back in there. I know there are some players that rotate between hooker and back row, but he doesn’t
August 2020 was the last time he put on the 16 jersey. :smt001

Just asking him to play there of course just isn't going to happen, but if you forecast it might have to happen, then obviously you'd have him preparing/conditioning and training there for some time before hand.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Hot Charlie I was about right then 2 years. I know there are some that can move Ashley Johnson could and I think it’s Neld at Sales who can but you do really need to be training in both positions.

As an aside if his injuries can be sorted he would be a great pick up very similar to Wiese.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Pollard on Instagram saying how frustrating it has been but he is more motivated than ever to get out there. Not far away me thinks.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:47 pm Hot Charlie I was about right then 2 years. I know there are some that can move Ashley Johnson could and I think it’s Neld at Sales who can but you do really need to be training in both positions.

As an aside if his injuries can be sorted he would be a great pick up very similar to Wiese.
I think this is the key too. How long are we realistically going to be able to keep Wiese - he signed a new contract before his test call up in 2021 IIRC? Will he be out of contract post the RWC next year?

The interviews in the press with Matera are interesting, intimating that he probably wants to come to England long term at some point. Could he be a decent target?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:03 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:47 pm Hot Charlie I was about right then 2 years. I know there are some that can move Ashley Johnson could and I think it’s Neld at Sales who can but you do really need to be training in both positions.

I think this is the key too. How long are we realistically going to be able to keep Wiese - he signed a new contract before his test call up in 2021 IIRC? Will he be out of contract post the RWC next year?

The interviews in the press with Matera are interesting, intimating that he probably wants to come to England long term at some point. Could he be a decent target?
I wouldn't mind losing Weise if Matera was his replacement! Not that I want to mind
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:48 pm Pollard on Instagram saying how frustrating it has been but he is more motivated than ever to get out there. Not far away me thinks.
I agree that's the status of someone expecting to be back soonish