Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: 22/23 Injury & Suspension list

Post by Rugbygramps »

GB72 wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:40 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:33 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:27 pm Look I see the interest an individual on here may have but posters on here tend have a higher degree of knowledge and interest than the majority of fans in my experience.
I was speaking to a couple of long term season ticket holders recently and they had no idea about the majority of signings that have been made either player or coach wise
Well that would suggest issues with the Clubs communications in general.
The secret squirrel stuff really needs to change...all part of engaging & developing your supporter base....see numerous other threads.
I do agree to a large extent. i can see why you might keep injury news to a minimum in the season but this is when the club should be engaging with fans and keeping interest up going into next year. Club social media that is not selling something has been non existant. Hoping it will all fire up again once pre season starts but it is sometimes hard not to think that the club can be a bit over expectant that the large level of fans will always be there no matter what they do.
If there is nothing to say what are they supposed to put on social media. Oh yes information on injuries well that’s one post
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:50 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:33 pm

Well that would suggest issues with the Clubs communications in general.
The secret squirrel stuff really needs to change...all part of engaging & developing your supporter base....see numerous other threads.
I do agree to a large extent. i can see why you might keep injury news to a minimum in the season but this is when the club should be engaging with fans and keeping interest up going into next year. Club social media that is not selling something has been non existant. Hoping it will all fire up again once pre season starts but it is sometimes hard not to think that the club can be a bit over expectant that the large level of fans will always be there no matter what they do.
If there is nothing to say what are they supposed to put on social media. Oh yes information on injuries well that’s one post
You can put all sorts on social media to increase engagement. Player profile videos, highlights of last year, interviews, behind the scenes info the list is endless and social media is how the next generation of fans engage with clubs and sports. Just shutting down for the summer is just not ideal. Professaionals in this area record stuff weeks in advance so there is always something to stream to keep up the social media presence.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

GB72 wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:55 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:50 pm

You can put all sorts on social media to increase engagement. Player profile videos, highlights of last year, interviews, behind the scenes info the list is endless and social media is how the next generation of fans engage with clubs and sports. Just shutting down for the summer is just not ideal. Professaionals in this area record stuff weeks in advance so there is always something to stream to keep up the social media presence.
Ok well we will have to agree to disagree on that one. They haven’t shut down see the Mckellar interview as an example, and just going on the app there are articles about Tigers women, wheelchair team, masterclasses and tigers on tour at various local events all within the last wee
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Handre Pollard injured, along with Damian Willemse, with Jantjies called up as a replacement.
TiltonTiger

Post by TiltonTiger »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:09 pm Handre Pollard injured, along with Damian Willemse, with Jantjies called up as a replacement.
I wonder if this is the same injury that caused him to pull out of the SF? Does anybody know what that was?
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

TiltonTiger wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:23 pm
longlivethecrumbie wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:09 pm Handre Pollard injured, along with Damian Willemse, with Jantjies called up as a replacement.
I wonder if this is the same injury that caused him to pull out of the SF? Does anybody know what that was?
According to Rugbyrama, HP has a "!partial rupture of a cruciate ligament and a torn meniscus":

https://www.rugbyrama.fr/2023/06/15/cou ... 278524.php

I wonder if that'll stop him going to the World Cup in just over two months?
Semper in excretia
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Below is a quote from an article about it
Springbok coach Jacques Nienaber confirmed that Pollard would miss the season's first Test against Australia in Pretoria on 8 July, while Willemse is doubtful, necessitating the need for Jantjies to join the training squad.

“Damian has a knee injury and will be touch-and-go for the first Test of the season next month while Handre is definitely out," said Nienaber.
https://www.news24.com/sport/rugby/spri ... r-20230615
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Robespierre wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:32 pm
According to Rugbyrama, HP has a "!partial rupture of a cruciate ligament and a torn meniscus":

https://www.rugbyrama.fr/2023/06/15/cou ... 278524.php

I wonder if that'll stop him going to the World Cup in just over two months?
Well I'm sure Pollards semi final absence injury was described by the club at the time as being due to a lower leg injury. The Telegraph reported it was a sore calf. So I guess these Rugbyrama reported injuries must have been subsequent to those that kept him out of the semi final?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

A ligament rupture and a partially torn meniscus would require a small op if it was repair quickly. Hope South Africa are paying!
I had a partial tear in the meniscus and without the op it took well over 6 months to heal and I would say is still a bit delicate a year later .. mind you I am an old bloke not a young fit athelete!
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

If its the same knee again you begin to wonder about Handre's long term future, between SA rugby & Tigers a proper solution should be found not just a quick fix to get him to the RWC.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:41 am If its the same knee again you begin to wonder about Handre's long term future, between SA rugby & Tigers a proper solution should be found not just a quick fix to get him to the RWC.
Has to be a concern if it is. SA will be desperate to have him fit for RWC
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

SA are reported to be looking to play Pollard at 12 in at least one of the matches building up to the World Cup
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://www.sarugbymag.co.za/pollard-ru ... mpionship/

Pollard confirmed out of the rugby championship
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:15 pm https://www.sarugbymag.co.za/pollard-ru ... mpionship/

Reported as a knee injury last week… now calf? :smt017
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

fentiger wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:45 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:15 pm https://www.sarugbymag.co.za/pollard-ru ... mpionship/

Reported as a knee injury last week… now calf? :smt017
Yep back to stating the same injury that kept him out of our semi? Very strange
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity