Cameron Henderson - Recovery

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Cameron Henderson - Recovery

Post by markharbtiger »

There is a five episode video diary marking CH's recovery from injury now on the Tigers site if anyone is interested https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/lt ... -watch-now
It also reveals some of the work done by the medical and fitness teams at the club, and whilst perhaps not as high profile as some other activities, is nevertheless vital.
Last edited by markharbtiger on Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Re: Cameron Henderson - Recovery

Post by sam16111986 »

Sounds an interesting watch. There's not a lot of stuff shown of what it's like behind closed doors under the Borthwick regime, he's not a media fan so surprised this has come out.

Hopefully see Henderson playing a more prominent role next season.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

sam16111986 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:04 am Sounds an interesting watch. There's not a lot of stuff shown of what it's like behind closed doors under the Borthwick regime, he's not a media fan so surprised this has come out.

Hopefully see Henderson playing a more prominent role next season.
Think this is why it's all come out now at once rather than as a video diary throughout.

They're only 6 min each the 5 videos, well worth a watch!
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Spoiler

My favourite bit was when Borthwick pop's in on his recovery, and gives him some stuff to look at on the Bordeaux lineout, a game he'll never be playing in, but Borthwick still is getting him to think about lineouts and how they technically work, he's developing the parts of his game he can, giving him a real focus. Genuinely seems to care for the individual.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:14 am Spoiler

My favourite bit was when Borthwick pop's in on his recovery, and gives him some stuff to look at on the Bordeaux lineout, a game he'll never be playing in, but Borthwick still is getting him to think about lineouts and how they technically work, he's developing the parts of his game he can, giving him a real focus. Genuinely seems to care for the individual.
I think that also says something about SB's meticulous planning...I am not sure, but I feel SB is a believer in the adage 'fail to plan, plan to fail'
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

I’ve only watched the third one where he goes to visit the surgeon after 3 months to get the all clear to resume running.
Amazing what the surgeon did to make the knee stronger and also Cam’s knowledge when looking at the scans
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Watched all episodes and found it a really interesting insight into the Tiger's support for injured players. Full credit to Cam for his dedication to recovery and to his team mates for their support but the medical team health and conditioning, physios, surgeon and all involved eye opening brilliant. Well worth the watch.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Yes, a great insight into action behind the scenes and a recovery journey.

SB does get criticism for not giving information on injuries but I am happy with his approach as such information is only of benefit to the opposition. Posting this video will hopefully remove some of the curiosity on what it takes to recover from some injuries.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:14 am Spoiler

Love that bit as well. It shows Borthwick's enthusiasm for the game, see the relish when he talks about Bordeaux's lineout being tough to break down. Loved the challenge and it was good to see him involve Henderson in the analysis. He can't work on lineout training but doesn't mean he can't do the homework.

Henderson comes across as intelligent and hard working. I liked how he was asking questions of the doctors to understand the injury and treatment. Hopefully he gets plenty of game time next season.
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

If I recall correctly he was in the Scotland squad for a game (or games) that got cancelled due to the pandemic. Hopefully he can get back to this level.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

markharbtiger wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:01 am If I recall correctly he was in the Scotland squad for a game (or games) that got cancelled due to the pandemic. Hopefully he can get back to this level.
Yes he was
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Worth watching this, if only that it brings it home how you can be lifting weights and running but still a long way from playing.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Great series of little documentaries.
Very interesting and informative.
Gives an insight into how depressing it must be as a professional athelete to go through that.. and how much hard work both physically and mentally it must be on the road to recovery. The elation he had in getting his 10 minutes off the bench in one game is extraordinary.. it shows tbe dedication of these young men and what they put themselves through and above all the camaraderie of their teams that pulls them through!