22/23 Tigers Kit

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

bendy

Re: 22/23 Tigers Kit

Post by bendy »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:45 pm I do get a little annoyed when we play in the change strip when we dont have to, it should be the home strip unless there is a definite clash.

Of course it used to be the home team that changed their strip if there was a clash as sign of courtesy....another lost part of the sport.
Interesting comments on the Rolling Maul pod that this 3rd strip is designed to be used when the two kits could cause issues for colourblind folks (eg a red/green clash).

Makes a lot of sense, but - unless I've missed it - this wasn't included in any of the launch comms, which seems a bit odd. Why wouldn't the club trumpet this a little?
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

bendy wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:25 am
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:45 pm I do get a little annoyed when we play in the change strip when we dont have to, it should be the home strip unless there is a definite clash.

Of course it used to be the home team that changed their strip if there was a clash as sign of courtesy....another lost part of the sport.
Interesting comments on the Rolling Maul pod that this 3rd strip is designed to be used when the two kits could cause issues for colourblind folks (eg a red/green clash).

Makes a lot of sense, but - unless I've missed it - this wasn't included in any of the launch comms, which seems a bit odd. Why wouldn't the club trumpet this a little?
So likely to be used away vs London Irish for the men
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Many will remember turning up at the Madjeski stadium to play London Irish when the ref surprisingly declared that our Forest Green kit clashed with the dark (almost black) kit of Irish. The home side could not come up with a change kit so Martin Johnson and his men had turn our kit inside out giving a silver grey appearance and leaving Tigers to explain to our sponsors why their logo was not on view in a televised match.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

bendy wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:25 am

Because I'm not sure it is. As an aside, the older "rule" that each team should have one "dark" and one "light" kit also seems to have gone out of the window.

I tend to believe what the club actually told us: that the women's team would have a different change shirt to the men. The men's version of this particular kit is just to generate sales and get the sponsor logos on the shirt, as for whatever reason none of these carry across to the women's playing kit.
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

I was in two minds about posting this, as I know many on here (like me!) have been asking for a Classic, collared style top, but it looks like the club have listened and they are now available. But please let me get my order in before they sell out!
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!