22/23 Tigers Kit

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TiltonTiger

Re: 22/23 Tigers Kit

Post by TiltonTiger »

The training kit looks very nice. Sadly though it has Socios branding on the sleeves
Rosco

Post by Rosco »

Did we hear any more on a classic version of either shirt? Just so we don’t have to buy the bin bag material version?!
Grannyman

Post by Grannyman »

I emailed the club after the Newcastle pre-season game about the new warm up top being available and was told it would not be for sale but there are tech shirts coming.

Shame, they’d sell well.
tigerssteve

Post by tigerssteve »

Flash wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:46 pm According to Wikipedia we had vertical stripes from 1891 to 1895.
Remember it well. Wasn't keen to be honest.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

And now we get a 3rd kit, not sure why we need it but if its nicer than the away kit IMO

https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/ti ... or-2022-23
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

kpj tiger wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:06 pm And now we get a 3rd kit, not sure why we need it but if its nicer than the away kit IMO

https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/ti ... or-2022-23
I think it's been born out of the womens' change kit, which we were promised earlier this year. They've taken the womens' change kit (which will be the same with far fewer sponsors) and put the mens' branding on.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Like that, European shirt maybe.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

I do get a little annoyed when we play in the change strip when we dont have to, it should be the home strip unless there is a definite clash.

Of course it used to be the home team that changed their strip if there was a clash as sign of courtesy....another lost part of the sport.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Nice that.

I did like it when the home team used to change. Also meant we didn't change that often.
bendy

Post by bendy »

The ladies home kit they played in on Saturday had no sponsor on it (and I thought looked brilliant as a result), this one seems to be fully branded however. I wonder if that will be across the board now.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Not sure the club are quite up to speed with the issues with Womens Sports kit, but at least we have a team now.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

bendy wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:55 pm The ladies home kit they played in on Saturday had no sponsor on it (and I thought looked brilliant as a result), this one seems to be fully branded however. I wonder if that will be across the board now.
The article seems to imply the ladies kit will just have the ladies sponsors on it, just as their version of the home shirt does (that has Hafele and a local Lichfield estate agent on it).
The senior squad kit will continue to display the club’s partners which include main partner Topps Tiles as well as Breedon, Mattioli Woods and Samurai, Valeo Snack Food (Kings Jerky and Manomasa), Global Payments, Papa Johns, Biffa, TDT Technology and Wilo.

Häfele and Samurai will brand the sleeves of the women’s team kit with Macintyre Hudson branding the shorts.
:smt001
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Wonder if they'll sell the womens kit in a mens fit like they do vice versa with the mens!! :smt002
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

I think the home team changing was a throw back to amateur days when a team would rock up and some club official ( usually someone important like the bloke who marked the lines or swept the changing room ) noticed their kit looked remarkably similar to yours so he would dig about in some old musty cupboard to drag out a big bag with a change strip in it that hadn’t been used for a few years .. hoping someone had washed it since the last time it had been used! Then he’d dump it on the floor of the changing room and say “ you’re in those today lads “
Props searched through the bag in desperation hoping there was a shirt Bigger than a 36 in chest and looked like Winnie the Pooh by the time they’d squeezed into it!
The rest just shook their heads and wondered who the hell had bought at some point in the-dim and distant past, a faded vile putrid pale blue/ turquoise coloured set (Ooohps sorry marketing peeps) .. then realised someone had got a cheap job lot and nobody else was ever likely to turn up in that colour!!

On another note please can we have more cotton shirts, especially captains collection types..
It matters not how many silly colours are brought out .. many will not wear the ghastly shiny nylon ones … they make our skin crawl! .. a virtually empty shop of anything other than shiny shirts is losing a lot of potential revenue…. No cotton shirts in stock for months .. unless you have an eating disorder or you are a supermodel and you are one Of the 0.1% of the population that can get into an extra small!!
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

ads wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:05 am Wonder if they'll sell the womens kit in a mens fit like they do vice versa with the mens!! :smt002
I don't think they'll be selling the actual womens kit in any fit! :smt003