22/23 Tigers Kit

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

manxleigh

Re: 22/23 Tigers Kit

Post by manxleigh »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:34 pm I like the concept of sound waves of people shouting Tigers on the away kit, execution could have been a bit better.

I think I'm in the minority but I actually quite like the home kit, after getting the training kit last year and the blue away kit the year before I am probably punting for the Home kit this year if any.
Simple blending of the sound waves into the shirt would have been much better

Oh and thank goodness no crypto sponsors on it...
keep dreaming and you'll keep wondering
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

So I thought the away kit had gold on it but looking on the store its actually lime green, not sure it will grow on me now :smt009
BigChris

Post by BigChris »

16 secs into the video there is a lighter green version of the red away kit (left hand side). Weirdly that might the winner for me…. 3rd kit/warm up?
Duncan B
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Duncan B »

I actually like the home kit, it’s not very original as I think it’s almost identical to the Canterbury one we had in Toby Floods last season here, which was a great kit. The red one is laughable, it looks like a Christmas themed kit. I can’t believe they are seriously going to wear that anytime other than December. :smt017
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Dull as :censored: home kit, away looks like a Wales shirt! Sooo disappointed.

I just want something like this:

Saying that I might actually buy the home shirt as I haven't had one for years and I really want a new one.....
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Simply hideous! They away kit reminds me of the "Orange mankini" thing (Old post) of times past.

Red green and white hoops ........please. And a dark blue away kit.

........letters and town crest if possible.

Harrumph! Grumpy old man in Milwaukee.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

I want old skool traditional home shirt, but I loved the orange away shirt and bought one. Unfortunately it's a little toight these days...

Go crazy on away shirts, but just give us proper hoops and colours on the home kit!
Wellscity
Tiger Cub

Post by Wellscity »

Underwhelmed
Seams to be a downward spiral - Half stripes last season -One stripe this - Therefore no stripe 2023-2024 :smt013
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

As with previous years, I find the strength of negative response to the kit quite bemusing. And, to be honest, I don’t care what they wear when playing as long as they play well.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I like the half stripes of last years kit tbh.
Goshengareth

Post by Goshengareth »

Much as I'd like a traditional tigers kit with letters on the back, I quite like both home and away kits. I'm definitely more in the Loretta camp on this topic!
JeffBadland
Tiger Cub

Post by JeffBadland »

I'm definitely in the Loretta camp. The strength of people's outrage would be perfectly reasonable if we were discussing a war crime that Andrea Pinchen had committed. But we're actually just discussing a shirt with fewer stripes than last year.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

loretta wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:39 am As with previous years, I find the strength of negative response to the kit quite bemusing. And, to be honest, I don’t care what they wear when playing as long as they play well.
Completely agree as long as they are recognised as our team who cares what they wear. Wear with pride and play well.
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Same could be said for the crypto rubbish. Just don't buy it if you don't like the idea of it, why bother moaning? What difference does it make what it says on the training kit sleeve??
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

I have never been happy when our shirt is primarily dark green .. I like red green and white hoops … not dark green and a little red stripe and little white strip .
Needless to say I shan’t purchase one .. but then Again I have drawers full of traditional shirts that I’ve had for years and rotate on a regular basis .. that they have re released all of recently.. I would have thought the popularity on those when released shows what people like .. hoops .. cotton with collars.
Like others not too bothered about away kits and the new one is ok (I preferred last years though)

Not liking a shirt is nothing do do with my feelings towards the team or the club. I love both of those things in fact bordering on the obsessional. However if the club wants to make money they need to make what people will buy. Both my wife and daughter are in the market for a new shirt and they feel the same as me about the new ones so that’s lost money.
I wonder if, prior to getting in the designers they have ever considered a few fangled concept call Market Research? This allows a business to ask their customers, or potential customers, what they they like and then show them some prospective designs and ideas and see what their likely hood of purchasing is. If they have, then fair enough, but then if they don’t sell many then maybe they want to try that idea next time round.