When will we see the first team next season

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Re: When will we see the first team next season

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

ABClub wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:27 pm Likely callups: Montoya, Heyes, Chessum, Reffell, Wiese, Youngs, JvP, Pollard, Watson, Steward
Possible: Leatigaga, Porter, Nadolo, Kini, Saumaki

1.Cronin 2.Clare 3.Cole 4.Wells 5.Green 6.Martin 7.Cracknell 8.Hanro
9.Wigglesworth 10.Burns 11.Potter 12.Kelly 13.Scott 14.Ashton 15.Kini/Hegarty/Simmons/Signing

16.TCD 17.Whitcombe 18.Hurd 19.Snyman 20.Jansen 21.Edwards 22.Gopperth 23.Nadolo
Cronin I think will prove to be a very very good signing for us. A bit like Cole his availability all season will be invaluable. The Wells/Green combo is tried and tested and will offer great options in the second row with Snyman and Cam adding great cover/rotation. And a back row of Martin, Cracknell Hanro is crazy strength in depth! That pack is fantastic imho.. very strong given we would be missing Montoya, Heyes, Chessum, Reffell, Wiese!

The backs is as strong as we have had for some time. What a strong and experienced pairing at 9 & 10. Potter, Kelly, Scott, Ash is a familiar lineup that played together for much of this season so they will be well settled.

15 I am more than confident that Kini can do the job and its obvious why he was kept on as such a versatile player but I agree Woodward or Miller would be a great acquisition.
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
No6_Flanker
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by No6_Flanker »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:58 am I agree Woodward or Miller would be a great acquisition.
I haven’t seen anything from Miller that says he’s any good at Premiership level. A bit surprised people want him here.

I’d rather have Brown, to keep the game plan consistent when Steward is away.
Cheering on the Tigers in Detroit.
Previously a slower, shorter, less good looking version of Tom Croft.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

No6_Flanker wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:24 pm
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:58 am I agree Woodward or Miller would be a great acquisition.
I haven’t seen anything from Miller that says he’s any good at Premiership level. A bit surprised people want him here.

I’d rather have Brown, to keep the game plan consistent when Steward is away.
Woodward yes but Miller not for me. Unless he’s cheap ,solid I suppose but nothing special
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

The answer appears to be round 3, as the Rugby Championship ends on the 24th September (date of round 2) & any England rest that may or may not apply would be over by then too.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

I imagine Jasper and Montoya will need a decent rest then it will be the Autumn Internationals.
Steward, Porter,JVP, Reffell, Chessum, Heyes will also need a long break just in time to play for England!
This will be one hell of a test for Tigers especially when playing the teams with few current internationals. I also believe it’s why there aren’t as many season tickets sold as I’ve heard some “fans” say they are no longer prepared to pay for them as too many star players are missing: shame.
Support the Tigers whatever the team but that’s not easy when money is tight.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Season tickets are very good value if you are able to attend most games. I pay £360 for 15 games which works out at £24 per game. For my seat to buy as a 1 off is £40-44 per game so if I am able to attend 9 games or more it is good value for money. As far as star players is concerned of course you would like to see your strongest team every week but personally I will attend every home game to support whoever plays. Obviously the kickoff times/days affects a lot of people and I think this is what determines peoples decision whether to buy a season ticket not who is playing.
A2O