SUMMER RUGBY INTERNATIONALS 2022

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: SUMMER RUGBY INTERNATIONALS 2022

Post by Darc Tiger »

Huge Chilean scrum gives them a 1 point lead on aggregate! 5 to go!
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

USA think they have a shot at 3 to win, but a neck roll gives Chile to ball! They just need to secure the lineout for an enormous upset!
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Chile qualify!

Absolutely unbelievable!
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

What a finish! Good on the Pumas
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

England’s pool confirmed at the World Cup

England
Japan
Argentina
Samoa
Chile
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:06 pm England’s pool confirmed at the World Cup

England
Japan
Argentina
Samoa
Chile
This could be a real banana skin, Chile as an unknown element adds to this...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Having not seen any full games are we to assume that Scotland, Wales, Australia and New Zealand 'ain't all that and France, South Africa, Ireland, Argentina and England are all in a good place going forward to the World Cup then?
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

tigerburnie wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:03 am Having not seen any full games are we to assume that Scotland, Wales, Australia and New Zealand 'ain't all that and France, South Africa, Ireland, Argentina and England are all in a good place going forward to the World Cup then?
Never discount the All Blacks the talent is there they just currently lack direction
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

tigerburnie wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:03 am Having not seen any full games are we to assume that Scotland, Wales, Australia and New Zealand 'ain't all that and France, South Africa, Ireland, Argentina and England are all in a good place going forward to the World Cup then?
Well I don't think there is anyone that would really worry France currently. To my eye NZ look the worst they have looked since the early 2000s, SA also look not at the races on current form. The Rugby Championship should be pretty good this year, Aus might have a outside chance at it and to get the Bledisloe Cup back.

The NH teams I think will be pretty happy in general, some series wins and lots of new players blooded, no NH nations has gone backwards imo all have positives they can take away.
Last edited by wigworth on Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

I didn't see the France games so can't comment. Based on what I saw I'd say Ireland and the ABs (despite the series loss) are out in front, possibly followed by the Boks, with England, Australia and Wales all much the same, with some good performances at times. Scotland and Argentina possibly not quite up there...but it's very subjective. You could argue, that the ABs might be lower down: we'll see after the championship games.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I guess we will know more about the SH sides when the RC starts. Although it is a little skewed this year as the fixtures have dictated that SA play NZ twice at home,Argentina play Oz twice at home,Oz play SA twice at home and NZ play Argentina twice at home. NZ v Oz and SA v Argentina play each other home and away. Has it always been like this anyone know? Struggling to recall
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

With limited playing resources, Townsend chose to leave his best 3 backs (Hogg, Harris and Russell) at home and look to develop others with limited success.. it didn’t help when 2 other experienced (Hutchinson and Graham) backs got injured and could not play in the last test.There was other decisions not fully understood, but maybe trying to give game time to more players. Not sure for example why White was not at least on tbe bench after such a got 2nd test? He put Horne on the bench ( one assumes for experience) but then didn’t bring him on? Odd!
He seems determined to make Kinghorn into a flyhalf but I think he’d have more chance converting me into one!
Anyway hopefully something has been learnt and they continue to develop and will perform better come the Autumn