LEICESTER TIGERS 2022/23 - Prisoner of Oadby Pre-Season

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2022/23 - Prisoner of Oadby Pre-Season

Post by westwinds31 »

And trying to implement that during the season would be tricky I suspect.
Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postiger2 »

Not wishing to be negative but could a move for Shillcock also indicate that Handre's knee didn't respond to well to the StoneX astro turf?
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

Postiger2 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:44 am Not wishing to be negative but could a move for Shillcock also indicate that Handre's knee didn't respond to well to the StoneX astro turf?
Potentially yes. But it could also indicate that we are likely to lose more players to the Autumn internationals. If we lost say Steward, Watson, Nadolo, Kini, Porter - then we lose a good chunk of our 15 options with only really Ashton, Shelley, Simmons and Burns who have played there - some of which may be injured or playing elsewhere - e.g 10, 9 or wing.

Or it could be we are longer admirers and are simply offering Jamie a chance to play!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Perhaps we should hold fire and see what if anything happens to Wasps?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

An inexpensive centre option from Worcester might be ex Tiger Perry Humphries. I would also be having a very good look at some of Worcesters development players they have always had a good Academy set up and there maybe a couple of prospects available that would not immediately affect the wage cap.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

Interesting that Saints are also mentioned as well.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/sport/ot ... er-7684481

Both can't be correct - I know which one I would bet on
Hehehehehehehehe
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

Bath will keep him in pretty sure. Pity.
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

NOt sure how I would feel about signing Lawrence as we have not cleared any more cap and so that would mean that we would have had the space to make an offer to Moroni. OK, less chance of Lawrence being on international duty but still likely to feature in most squads and so I would be hard pressed to understand the decision making if we had the cap space for Lawrence but not to make an offer to Moroni to stay. With several clubs interested, I am not sure that he would be on a rock bottom salary.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

GB72 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:25 pm NOt sure how I would feel about signing Lawrence as we have not cleared any more cap and so that would mean that we would have had the space to make an offer to Moroni. OK, less chance of Lawrence being on international duty but still likely to feature in most squads and so I would be hard pressed to understand the decision making if we had the cap space for Lawrence but not to make an offer to Moroni to stay. With several clubs interested, I am not sure that he would be on a rock bottom salary.
Moroni will have had offers at a competitive rate, Lawrence will either be taking a significant pay cut or going to a team that has injury dispensation to spend. Very different market and you can't compare the circumstances or offers to either. The only thing I'd worry about is that if we do sign Lawrence immediately it will be down to someone like Kelly or Porter being confirmed out for a lengthy spell.
johnthegriff wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:01 am An inexpensive centre option from Worcester might be ex Tiger Perry Humphries. I would also be having a very good look at some of Worcesters development players they have always had a good Academy set up and there maybe a couple of prospects available that would not immediately affect the wage cap.
Humphreys is a winger.

Wuss do have some very good young players though, you're right there. Seb Atkinson will be high up on a lot of team's lists as a young centre worth targeting.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:47 am If Hegerty doesn't play at all before he leaves, we will have all his "cap" to spend, so a bit if room for manoeuvre there.
Players who dont play are still paid a monthly salary so the "cap" is already breached.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

An injury joker can be signed if a player is injured for three months or more, of course we have to be able to afford the extra outlay but it is possible to sign a replacement back if one is out due to long term injury. The replacement has to be signed for a minimum of 3 months and to cover the position of the injured player. Hearty plays centre, fly half and fullback, opens up a few options.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Postiger2 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:44 am Not wishing to be negative but could a move for Shillcock also indicate that Handre's knee didn't respond to well to the StoneX astro turf?
No, I think a move for Shillcock is sensible, potentially longer term planning. He would probably have remained a one-club man at Worcester; it'd potentially be a good move to get a quality multi-positional player who could be around for the rest of his career - he's just turned 25. If I'm not mistaken he's a local lad born in Coventry who grew up supporting Tigers.