Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2022/23 - Prisoner of Oadby Pre-Season

Post by Rugbygramps »

Tigerbeat wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:05 pm Nemani leaving mid next season
Joining NSW Waratahs on 01st December

https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/sq ... ent-220808
No surprise but what an addition he has been. He looks to have been doing a lot of close season work so hopefully we can unleash him for those last few games.
Good luck Nemani, Kim and not so little Ethan, be great to see him in a tigers jersey in 20 years time.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

I guess that’s back row cover for the AIs sorted!

:smt002
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

loretta wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:04 am I guess that’s back row cover for the AIs sorted!

:smt002
We have used him as a 9th forward at times. Been a great player to watch in Tigers stripes. I was delighted when he signed and he's not disappointed, hopefully we'll see some more Nadolo magic and give him a proper send off before he departs.
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

When Nadolo is playing the old adage that Rugby is a game for thugs played by gentlemen seems particularly apt

Completely agree with the comments above. Can’t help liking the guy. Comes across as a genuinely nice bloke when he’s not running over opposition players who are daft enough to stand in his way. I also noticed he was always one of the few who made time after a game to spend time with fans.
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

Come the time he leaves I’m sure there will be plenty of deserved plaudits heading his way.

I don’t think it can be underestimated what a significant factor he’s been in the resurgence of Tigers - at times in those early days he’s was almost the single source of attacking threat ball in hand. Last season he was unplayable for 4 months during the winning run.

I doubt anyone will do anything other than wish him and his family well and say he’s welcome back whenever he wants.
Last edited by DeadlyDunc on Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Can’t help but like the bloke.his try scoring record is not bad either. Not many like him around.
A2O
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

So the NSW release says he'll be there for the start of their preseason on the 1st December.

So depending on how much time off for jetlag etc there is.

Likely last games could be

London Irish home 26th November
Saracens away 19th November
Bath away 11th November
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
BiteMe

Post by BiteMe »

I can’t think this is supported by many, including myself, who have really enjoyed his contribution for the club on and off the pitch.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

I too will support the many plaudits coming his way.
As Good As It Gets
bendy

Post by bendy »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:46 am So the NSW release says he'll be there for the start of their preseason on the 1st December.

Bath away 11th November
Quite conceivably the last home send-off for him then could be fireworks night. Seems quite apt!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:46 am So the NSW release says he'll be there for the start of their preseason on the 1st December.

Bath away 11th November
Hopefully a final home game to give him a proper send off. The family might head back before him and then he head over a week or so later after the last game.

He might be there at the start of pre season but it's unlikely he'll need to be that involved in it. Unlike half the squad he'll be match fit and ready to go so on lighter duties.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

sam16111986 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:48 am

Bath away 11th November
Hopefully a final home game to give him a proper send off. The family might head back before him and then he head over a week or so later after the last game.

He might be there at the start of pre season but it's unlikely he'll need to be that involved in it. Unlike half the squad he'll be match fit and ready to go so on lighter duties.
Agreed Sam family may travel ahead, they have 3 dogs including 2 Rottweilers to transport. May well be that his last game is London Irish. Aussie pre season starts December 1st and he’ll already be match fit.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:37 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:48 am

Bath away 11th November

Agreed Sam family may travel ahead, they have 3 dogs including 2 Rottweilers to transport. May well be that his last game is London Irish. Aussie pre season starts December 1st and he’ll already be match fit.
He may need more packing time than that?
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Last AI is on the 26th. There's some PRC before that where he might not be involved so could attend to family related things but the LI game is a home Prem game and would be exactly the type of game we'd want him for before he left.
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

Not sure if it’s related to Nemani leaving or possibly to accommodate Hegarty to leave early as has been rumoured… but I’ve seen on Instagram that we are apparently signing Lachlan Shelley from NSW Shute Shield.

A quick google leads to the knowledge of a ~22yrs winger / FB who can kick goals.

The last two guys we picked up from the Shute Shield turned out pretty good so, assuming this is a correct rumour, looking forward to seeing what Lachlan can do!