LEICESTER TIGERS 2022/23 - Prisoner of Oadby Pre-Season

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2022/23 - Prisoner of Oadby Pre-Season

Post by RagingBull »

Well obviously cash is going to be most important for everyone really. The argument can be made for every player.

Did Kelly thrive because he was outside of Ford or Playing under Borthwick?

Personally I don’t really rate Sanderson think he’s mostly all talk
manxleigh

Post by manxleigh »

Scott1 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:29 pm If Steward did go and I saw him after it would be like that scene from The Godfather. I’d grab his face and kiss him on the forehead and utter those lines “you broke my heart Freddie” 😂
Id more likely put a horse in his bed :smt001
keep dreaming and you'll keep wondering
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Point RB makes about Sanderson totally agree with. Used to like him at Sarries always incitful and knowledgeable and would happily had him at Tigers. Since he has moved back to Sale he has developed into a bag of hot air b
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

I've always found Sanderson insufferable.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Darc Tiger wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:36 pm I've always found Sanderson insufferable.
+1 👍
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Cagey Tiger wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:05 pm
Darc Tiger wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:36 pm I've always found Sanderson insufferable.
+1 👍
I think you can make that plural, his brother was full of it as well.

I think it's safe to say being near McCall might make coaches look better than they are in reality.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:35 pm
Cagey Tiger wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:05 pm
+1 👍
I think you can make that plural, his brother was full of it as well.

I think it's safe to say being near McCall might make coaches look better than they are in reality.
Nothing to disagree with here! 👍
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Pmvl wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:29 am I actually talked with Freddie after the Jersey game & he told me he has no intentions of leaving stating “why would anybody leave with what Steve’s building at Tigers.”
Doesn't surprise me. His agent and the club are wrangling over the figures and other clubs are no doubt interested. He's got an entire season left on his contract. I'm sure it'll be thrashed out now he's back in the country.

Would be surprised if Dan Kelly opted to go back to Sale. He might be good mates with Ford but he was also housemates with Steward and friends with others on the squad. Sale told him he wasn't going to make it whilst Tigers made him a Prem regular, helped get him capped and have seen him with a Prem winners medal.
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

Dan was not given a contract by Sale and in the Tigers first team within a year and a regular and capped within 2 years. Without injury he would probably have started a premiership final and had more England caps. I think he has benefited from SB set up and Tiger resurgence as much as any other player. All of the young player group have huge development potential working with each other as the team evolves. They could become legendary Tigers in the next 5 years or be dispersed. I hope they see the benefit of sticking together.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

So of our real big young talent that's come through our juniors, there's probably 5/6 that are out of contract this year that we haven't heard about

Cam Henderson
George Martin
Jack Van Poortvliet
Freddie Steward
Dan Kelly
Tommy Reffell (quite possibly already on a rolling contract)

Of those IMO we want to keep them all. The fact we let White go suggests we're backing JVP so think we'll work out his package.

Kelly is likely to stay too, especially on the back of an injury I doubt other clubs will see his value as much as we do.

Steward, yeah he'll be chased by many, but think he's likely to stay on.

Martin, well I think he'll stay, but he at the moment isn't 1st choice in any position which may depending on the season he has mean he wants to look elsewhere. However with so much international rugby coming up and just his progression means he'll stay.

Henderson, IMO if he has a full season he'll be valued and stay, if he has a period on the sidelines he may be let go. A year ago he was ahead in the pecking order of Chessum. If he has a good year and plays lot well retain him.

Where do we get the money to afford this. Well cap is increasing and big money departures will I think cover it without too much hassle, especially given the credits we can use.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

Rumour (Ruck) Sinckler to replace Cole who’s set to retire at the end of the season……
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

anz3001 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:08 pm Rumour (Ruck) Sinckler to replace Cole who’s set to retire at the end of the season……
I personally wouldn't want Sinckler
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:21 pm
anz3001 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:08 pm Rumour (Ruck) Sinckler to replace Cole who’s set to retire at the end of the season……
+1 :smt023
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerCam wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:36 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:21 pm
+1 :smt023
Agreed better options out there. Coley will be 36 at the end of next season think he’s got another season left in him after that, working with Heyes Hurd and others.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

How old is he?
I reckon Joe Hayes is a better prospect.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.