LEICESTER TIGERS 2022/23 - Prisoner of Oadby Pre-Season

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2022/23 - Prisoner of Oadby Pre-Season

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

Steward was the one I was waiting for with baited breathe. The other two are outstanding and will no doubt develop into England shirts that they will wear for many years. But Steward is a once in a generation Tiger - World XV.

And breathe….
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:49 pm So with the suggestion that tomorrow may have more are we expecting tomorrow to be new signings?
Trying to think of the last time we announced signings this early in the season, if there are any new signings i'd expect it to be a loan move for a Worcester player at best
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

kpj tiger wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:57 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:49 pm So with the suggestion that tomorrow may have more are we expecting tomorrow to be new signings?
Trying to think of the last time we announced signings this early in the season, if there are any new signings i'd expect it to be a loan move for a Worcester player at best
It's pretty new, Pollard last year was I think the earliest ever..

What you have to consider is last season was the first year you were (officially) allowed to negotiate contracts before January, so it used to HAVE to be post January you announced.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:59 pm

What you have to consider is last season was the first year you were (officially) allowed to negotiate contracts before January, so it used to HAVE to be post January you announced.
I was thinking Pollard but the official announcement for that was on the 7th of December so it really would be a lot earlier than that
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

kpj tiger wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:02 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:59 pm

I was thinking Pollard but the official announcement for that was on the 7th of December so it really would be a lot earlier than that
I also think that announcing Pollard was somewhat forced on the club when the new of Ford leaving 'leaked'. I have little doubt that the club would have rather left that until much later in the season to become public knowledge.

My only thought would be that we have something up our sleeve with the December departures.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

I would take Matt Kvesic, Ollie Lawrence and Duhan van der Merwe on loan
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

I think Pollard would have preferred it too as he was pretty much frozen out by Montpellier once it became knowledge
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Chobbsy wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:06 pm
I would take Matt Kvesic, Ollie Lawrence and Duhan van der Merwe on loan
Kvesic past his best would take Ted Hill before him. The other 2 definitely, Van de Merwe could be an excellent Nadolo replacement
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

If it was related to Worcester, I would not expect an announcement tomorrow as I do not think that the players can do anything until 14 days after they have not been paid, so not free to break their contracts for another couple of weeks. I am not sure thay clubs would be eager to take them on loan if they were not going to get a decent amount time from them.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

GB72 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:16 pm If it was related to Worcester, I would not expect an announcement tomorrow as I do not think that the players can do anything until 14 days after they have not been paid, so not free to break their contracts for another couple of weeks. I am not sure thay clubs would be eager to take them on loan if they were not going to get a decent amount time from them.
I was just going of what Ollie Lawrence said on the Rugby Pod, apparently there are a few Worcester lads looking for loan moves even if its just to train and stay sharp
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

I don't think any new signings announced tomorrow would be for THIS season, think they'll all be for starting next season.

Basically I think earlier announcements are becoming the norm... these 3 aren't even our first batch of re-signings this season.

We announced 7 in August!

Rules have changed last year was the start, but this is the first since that has settled into a routine.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

kpj tiger wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:18 pm
GB72 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:16 pm If it was related to Worcester, I would not expect an announcement tomorrow as I do not think that the players can do anything until 14 days after they have not been paid, so not free to break their contracts for another couple of weeks. I am not sure thay clubs would be eager to take them on loan if they were not going to get a decent amount time from them.
I was just going of what Ollie Lawrence said on the Rugby Pod, apparently there are a few Worcester lads looking for loan moves even if its just to train and stay sharp
Since then I think it was announced that the company that officially employs the players is NOT the one in Administration so it doesn't allow that, until 14 days past non payment of salaries.
Wes

Post by Wes »

Steward, JVP and Martin re-signed. Absolutely brilliant bit of news (and work by the club)
I only live there to wind up the population!
voice of the crumbie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by voice of the crumbie »

George Martin BOOM

JVP BOOM BOOM

Freddie Steward BOOM BOOM BOOM

:smt041 :smt041 :smt041 GET IN!
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.