Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2022/23 - Prisoner of Oadby Pre-Season

Post by ads »

Old Hob wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:00 am
LtPigeon wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:37 am https://www.totalrl.com/england-rugby-u ... ds-rhinos/

Mike Brown to Wigan?
The article seems all very past tense, nothing about future.
The article says it happened in 2013 or 14. The only reason Borwn is going to Wigan now is for a pie!
TiltonTiger

Post by TiltonTiger »

Tigers have released a short vid on Twitter that shows Mike Brown is still training
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

sam16111986 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:16 am
longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:36 pm
kpj tiger wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:50 pm

Has West to Ealing been confirmed, a google search only brings up TRP saying its happening in December last year but that's it
I've not seen any more than that. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
It's a bit of a weird one because he had a deal through next season with Ealing but then joined us not long after. Whilst I'm sure he had a get out clause with Ealing if a Prem club came calling or Ealing weren't promoted to the Prem we haven't said anything further bar beyond the end of the season.

I hope he's staying for next season, he's been a great addition. To be honest I thought it was bizarre no Prem club went for him before we did. He might not have necessarily have started but he'd have improved a lot of squads and most match day 23s.
I can find a link to a Fissler column claiming this but no announcements from Ealing. Did he actually sign or just Fissler making a claim in error?
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

sk 88 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:20 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:16 am
longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:36 pm

I've not seen any more than that. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
It's a bit of a weird one because he had a deal through next season with Ealing but then joined us not long after. Whilst I'm sure he had a get out clause with Ealing if a Prem club came calling or Ealing weren't promoted to the Prem we haven't said anything further bar beyond the end of the season.

I hope he's staying for next season, he's been a great addition. To be honest I thought it was bizarre no Prem club went for him before we did. He might not have necessarily have started but he'd have improved a lot of squads and most match day 23s.
I can find a link to a Fissler column claiming this but no announcements from Ealing. Did he actually sign or just Fissler making a claim in error?
Maybe he never took up the contract with Ealing as we came in before it could be finalised?
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

TiltonTiger wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:45 pm Tigers have released a short vid on Twitter that shows Mike Brown is still training
Probably because he's almost certainly under contract to the end of the season. :smt001
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

Watson rumoured to be meeting with Castres amongst other French and Japanese clubs.

Would appear that staying in the prem (with Tigers or not) is lower on his priority list. Shame as when he’s been fit and firing he’s shown us just what's a class act he is.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

RunTigerRun wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:38 pm Watson rumoured to be meeting with Castres amongst other French and Japanese clubs.

Would appear that staying in the prem (with Tigers or not) is lower on his priority list. Shame as when he’s been fit and firing he’s shown us just what's a class act he is.
If he is leaving, let's hope he goes out on a high.
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

RunTigerRun wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:38 pm Watson rumoured to be meeting with Castres amongst other French and Japanese clubs.

I suspect that a number of England internationals will be looking for that last big pay cheque after the world cup and I suspct that most clubs in the premiership will not be offering those sorts of deals going forward.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

IMHO if he is going then I am certain we will be planning ahead and spending his salary on his replacement who I hope is OHC.
Hehehehehehehehe
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

In terms of wage OHC will be matching Nadolo more than Watson I feel
If Watson goes I still expect another signing tbh

Backs wise
Whiteley for Wigglesworth
Atkinson for Hegarty
Shillcock for Burns
OHC for Nadolo
All should be cheaper alternatives
Then
Bassett for one of Saumaki/Ashton/Watson/Murimurivalu prob roughly the same.

Actually can see all 4 going in the back 3.

I wouldn't be surprised if McKeller brought in a back he knows. Someone like Tom Banks maybe
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

RagingBull wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:04 pm In terms of wage OHC will be matching Nadolo more than Watson I feel
If Watson goes I still expect another signing tbh

Backs wise
Whiteley for Wigglesworth
Atkinson for Hegarty
Shillcock for Burns
OHC for Nadolo
All should be cheaper alternatives
Then
Bassett for one of Saumaki/Ashton/Watson/Murimurivalu prob roughly the same.

Actually can see all 4 going in the back 3.

I wouldn't be surprised if McKeller brought in a back he knows. Someone like Tom Banks maybe
I think Bassett is most likely for Ashton rather than Saumaki. They will probably sit similar-ish in the pecking order.

I think Simmons will probably be the Saumaki replacement more of a promotion than new signing.

It will be intersting if we do keep Brown for next season, like you say with Shillcock & Atkinson coming in for Hegarty and Burns, you'd think the only fullback place would be for Murimurivalu. I think Brown's way of playing suits us more than Kini's, plus Brown will almost certainly not be at the World Cup yet Kini may still make the wider Fiji squad.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://twitter.com/adamjwhitty/status/ ... 268Lw&s=19

So we're in discussions with Brown for a new deal according to today's press conference with Wigglesworth
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

For the Francophiles among you:

https://www.rugbyrama.fr/2023/03/23/tra ... 082292.php
Semper in excretia
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:38 pm https://twitter.com/adamjwhitty/status/ ... 268Lw&s=19

So we're in discussions with Brown for a new deal according to today's press conference with Wigglesworth
That’s all well and good but where does he fit in next season? On the off chance Steward is away, Shillcock injured and Atkinson is playing 10?

If he’s happy with that then fair play but he’d be fighting for time on the pitch.
iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by iceman_19 »

Well during the World Cup we will almost certainly be without Pollard and Steward, so Atkinson very much will be playing 10.

Players will need resting after, so I think a good 6/7 fixtures will see us pretty stretched.
Tigers till I die

www.ruckedover.blogspot.com