LEICESTER TIGERS 2022/23 - Prisoner of Oadby Pre-Season

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2022/23 - Prisoner of Oadby Pre-Season

Post by sk 88 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:20 am Ok so been looking at our Development Squad/Senior Academy

Fourth Season
Browning
Manz T.

Third Season
Edwards
Ilione
Vanes

Second Season
Cusick
Chessum L.
Hoyt
Smith
Walsh*

First Season
Daniels
Carmichael
Carnduff
Crane
Koroiyadi
Loose
Manz J.
Meredith
Miell*
Williams
Woodward
Owen

I suspect most 3rd & 4th Year guys are in the last year of their Academy contract.

Of the 4th year guys, I suspect Browning is off, I think Tom Manz may get promoted (am 50/50 tbh) to the senior squad as it may depend what's happening with Henderson & Snyman. I also think we may keep more depth with 3 of our lock choices possibly unavailable during the World Cup (Chessum, Martin & Henderson) he may fit the bill for what we need.

I think all the 3rd year guys will be retained, and expecting all to be into the Senior squad this year or next.

Of the 2nd season guys I think all of them are likely having another year with us. Only one I'm unsure on is Seb Smith, he is the only one in that intake not to be in the PRC games this season, I know he's been looking at adding Hooker as a position change from prop.

First season guy's I'm expecting most if not all to stay, with a big Academy year we may see one or two leavers though. Will also be interesting to see how the Academy promotions look with the number of guys we took in last season.
Manz signed a new contract in January.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

sk 88 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:16 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:20 am Ok so been looking at our Development Squad/Senior Academy

Fourth Season
Browning
Manz T.

Third Season
Edwards
Ilione
Vanes

Second Season
Cusick
Chessum L.
Hoyt
Smith
Walsh*

First Season
Daniels
Carmichael
Carnduff
Crane
Koroiyadi
Loose
Manz J.
Meredith
Miell*
Williams
Woodward
Owen

I suspect most 3rd & 4th Year guys are in the last year of their Academy contract.

Of the 4th year guys, I suspect Browning is off, I think Tom Manz may get promoted (am 50/50 tbh) to the senior squad as it may depend what's happening with Henderson & Snyman. I also think we may keep more depth with 3 of our lock choices possibly unavailable during the World Cup (Chessum, Martin & Henderson) he may fit the bill for what we need.

I think all the 3rd year guys will be retained, and expecting all to be into the Senior squad this year or next.

Of the 2nd season guys I think all of them are likely having another year with us. Only one I'm unsure on is Seb Smith, he is the only one in that intake not to be in the PRC games this season, I know he's been looking at adding Hooker as a position change from prop.

First season guy's I'm expecting most if not all to stay, with a big Academy year we may see one or two leavers though. Will also be interesting to see how the Academy promotions look with the number of guys we took in last season.
Manz signed a new contract in January.
Cheers had forgotten that
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

We must be close to a popcorn day with squad announcements surely? Seems later than usual this season but maybe I’m just impatient!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

We announced Watson, Gopperth, Cracknell and Cokansiga in May last year. With 5 re-signigns as well.
The first had been linked to us for months as well.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:32 pm We announced Watson, Gopperth, Cracknell and Cokansiga in May last year. With 5 re-signigns as well.
The first had been linked to us for months as well.
Might see announcements a little earlier this season with the fact our last guaranteed game is the 6th of May
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Other than OHC, there's not been any rumours. Will be interesting to see if there are any other incomings or even if we manage to covert West and Brown to longer-term deals. (Albeit we'll need to pay some compo to Ealing (pretty sure that's where he is going to for next season) for West I'd imagine)
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:18 pm Other than OHC, there's not been any rumours. Will be interesting to see if there are any other incomings or even if we manage to covert West and Brown to longer-term deals. (Albeit we'll need to pay some compo to Ealing (pretty sure that's where he is going to for next season) for West I'd imagine)
Has West to Ealing been confirmed, a google search only brings up TRP saying its happening in December last year but that's it
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

kpj tiger wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:50 pm
longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:18 pm Other than OHC, there's not been any rumours. Will be interesting to see if there are any other incomings or even if we manage to covert West and Brown to longer-term deals. (Albeit we'll need to pay some compo to Ealing (pretty sure that's where he is going to for next season) for West I'd imagine)
Has West to Ealing been confirmed, a google search only brings up TRP saying its happening in December last year but that's it
I've not seen any more than that. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Most Championship contracts come with release clauses if a Prem club comes knocking too it's worth noting.
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Aphiwe Dyanti's ban finishes just before next season starts...
LtPigeon
Tiger Cub

Post by LtPigeon »

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

ABClub wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:42 am Aphiwe Dyanti's ban finishes just before next season starts...
Last I heard he was planning on starting training with the Sharks, as his ban allows him to start training 6 months before it expires.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

LtPigeon wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:37 am https://www.totalrl.com/england-rugby-u ... ds-rhinos/

Mike Brown to Wigan?
The article seems all very past tense, nothing about future.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:36 pm
kpj tiger wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:50 pm
I've not seen any more than that. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
It's a bit of a weird one because he had a deal through next season with Ealing but then joined us not long after. Whilst I'm sure he had a get out clause with Ealing if a Prem club came calling or Ealing weren't promoted to the Prem we haven't said anything further bar beyond the end of the season.

I hope he's staying for next season, he's been a great addition. To be honest I thought it was bizarre no Prem club went for him before we did. He might not have necessarily have started but he'd have improved a lot of squads and most match day 23s.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Won't a transfer to Ealing be somewhat up in the air given the doubt over their status next season; ie as a Welsh region?
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina