LEICESTER TIGERS 2022/23 - Prisoner of Oadby Pre-Season

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2022/23 - Prisoner of Oadby Pre-Season

Post by ay2oh »

Apparently two members of staff at London Irish have said that OHC is joining us including one or their coaches.
A2O
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

I would take whoever runs their attack- they are a great going forwards.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Interesting to see Hatherall has been dropped to the bench for La Rochelle's most recent matches. Levani Botia has been brought in from the centres, generally at 7, with Ultan Dillane being used at 6 rather than lock.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Midi Olympique is suggesting that Anthony Watson is being targeted by some Top14 clubs. No surprise really, as Jack Nowell will play for La Rochelle next season for a salary that is reported to be twice that offered by Exeter.
Semper in excretia
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Random question, does anyone know why Cameron Miell isn't showing in the Senior Academy squad list, when we signed him it stated he had already joined up with the squad?
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Another hooker signed????? That leaves us with 4 senior hookers, Montoya, Dolly, Clare, and Finn T-T with 2 hookers in the senior academy to cover the WC. Looks like a good bit of business to me particularly if Dolly regains fitness and "may" force his way into the WC squad. Don't think he will but we would be a bit light there and he is obviously a very promising young hooker - one for the future.
Hehehehehehehehe
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

trendylfj wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:21 am Another hooker signed????? That leaves us with 4 senior hookers, Montoya, Dolly, Clare, and Finn T-T with 2 hookers in the senior academy to cover the WC. Looks like a good bit of business to me particularly if Dolly regains fitness and "may" force his way into the WC squad. Don't think he will but we would be a bit light there and he is obviously a very promising young hooker - one for the future.
Am I missing something? Who are you referring too?
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

kpj tiger wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:41 am
trendylfj wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:21 am Another hooker signed????? That leaves us with 4 senior hookers, Montoya, Dolly, Clare, and Finn T-T with 2 hookers in the senior academy to cover the WC. Looks like a good bit of business to me particularly if Dolly regains fitness and "may" force his way into the WC squad. Don't think he will but we would be a bit light there and he is obviously a very promising young hooker - one for the future.
Ditto. Unless this is relating to the Gloucester rag which announced yesterday that T-T was joining us next season (2 months after everyone else!).

Finn T-T will surely only be in the Snr Academy too, at 19 being a year or two younger than Vanes and with a fairly similar experience level.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:17 pm Random question, does anyone know why Cameron Miell isn't showing in the Senior Academy squad list, when we signed him it stated he had already joined up with the squad?
Might be he's in the academy as he was still at school. Joining the senior academy in the summer.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:48 am
Ditto. Unless this is relating to the Gloucester rag which announced yesterday that T-T was joining us next season (2 months after everyone else!).

Finn T-T will surely only be in the Snr Academy too, at 19 being a year or two younger than Vanes and with a fairly similar experience level.
Didn't see it 2 months ago but am excited to see that we have signed another young hooker who will be there as backup during the WC - just like the idea of several hookers the 3 most senior ones but thanks for the correction and yes it was the Glaws post where I saw it
Hehehehehehehehe
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

trendylfj wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:22 pm
Hot_Charlie wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:48 am

Didn't see it 2 months ago but am excited to see that we have signed another young hooker who will be there as backup during the WC - just like the idea of several hookers the 3 most senior ones but thanks for the correction and yes it was the Glaws post where I saw it
They got a bit of a ribbing last night I think for being late to the party. Agree that he's an exciting signing too. Hooker will be an interesting position given the current senior players in the position, Vanes being on the cusp of the senior squad (but not quite) and FTT coming in. I think we'll see Joe T go, but whether the club keep Vanes with FTT arriving remains to be seen.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Next season Montoya away at World Cup, Clare '& Dolly the two for our Match day 23. Vanes and F.T.T the back up. Moving forward Montoya and Clare are over thirty. Dolly and Vanes early twenties F.T.T just twenty, great battle for ranking should see our hooker position strong for the foreseeable future.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

johnthegriff wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:52 pm Next season Montoya away at World Cup, Clare '& Dolly the two for our Match day 23. Vanes and F.T.T the back up. Moving forward Montoya and Clare are over thirty. Dolly and Vanes early twenties F.T.T just twenty, great battle for ranking should see our hooker position strong for the foreseeable future.
This presumes that we can stop the merry-go-round of players trying to collect all the clubs for their sticker books.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postiger2 »

Very much hoping that plans are afoot to secure Tom West on a longer deal. He's been a fantastic addition and looks a born Tigers player.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Ok so been looking at our Development Squad/Senior Academy

Fourth Season
Browning
Manz T.

Third Season
Edwards
Ilione
Vanes

Second Season
Cusick
Chessum L.
Hoyt
Smith
Walsh*

First Season
Daniels
Carmichael
Carnduff
Crane
Koroiyadi
Loose
Manz J.
Meredith
Miell*
Williams
Woodward
Owen

I suspect most 3rd & 4th Year guys are in the last year of their Academy contract.

Of the 4th year guys, I suspect Browning is off, I think Tom Manz may get promoted (am 50/50 tbh) to the senior squad as it may depend what's happening with Henderson & Snyman. I also think we may keep more depth with 3 of our lock choices possibly unavailable during the World Cup (Chessum, Martin & Henderson) he may fit the bill for what we need.

I think all the 3rd year guys will be retained, and expecting all to be into the Senior squad this year or next.

Of the 2nd season guys I think all of them are likely having another year with us. Only one I'm unsure on is Seb Smith, he is the only one in that intake not to be in the PRC games this season, I know he's been looking at adding Hooker as a position change from prop.

First season guy's I'm expecting most if not all to stay, with a big Academy year we may see one or two leavers though. Will also be interesting to see how the Academy promotions look with the number of guys we took in last season.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.