Other Games - 17th to 19th June 2022

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Other Games - 17th to 19th June 2022

Post by Scott1 »

I guess we will never know! Shame really but for me SR is the best league then Top14 then GP and then URC. Although URC is different gravy now the SA teams have joined.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Tiglon wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:55 am
wigworth wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:52 am
Scott1 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:42 am
Nah no chance lol ,I’d comfortably lump on the SR team to win my fantasy tournament. For me it’s undoubtedly the best league out the 4. It’s triangular theory i know but look at what the SA teams have done in the URC in their first season and look what the NZ teams used to do to the SA teams in SR
I disagree there, I think the French teams would just end up bludgeoning the NZ teams playing slow attritional rugby and Leinster play a much more accurate attacking game than either of these teams are showing currently and would exploit a lot of this sloppy passive defence.
New Zealand lost to Ireland and France last year, they aren't the force they were 3 years ago when their Super Rugby sides were dominating their South African counterparts.
So using your logic our club sides are dreadful then because England havnt been doing well lately? 🤔
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:42 am
Nah no chance lol ,I’d comfortably lump on the SR team to win my fantasy tournament. For me it’s undoubtedly the best league out the 4. It’s triangular theory i know but look at what the SA teams have done in the URC in their first season and look what the NZ teams used to do to the SA teams in SR
I disagree there, I think the French teams would just end up bludgeoning the NZ teams playing slow attritional rugby and Leinster play a much more accurate attacking game than either of these teams are showing currently and would exploit a lot of this sloppy passive defence.
New Zealand lost to Ireland and France last year, they aren't the force they were 3 years ago when their Super Rugby sides were dominating their South African counterparts.
I agree since the 2015 RWC final it has been a slow bleed of their invincibility precipitated by the gradual break up of what was probably the greatest ever international team.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

And SA are definitely better than Ireland because the Stormers and Bulls beat Leinster and Ulster? Doesn’t work that way I’m afraid
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

wigworth wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:00 am

I agree since the 2015 RWC final it has been a slow bleed of their invincibility precipitated by the gradual break up of what was probably the greatest ever international team.
Since 2015 they have won every single SR competition lol,can’t lump club and international rugby together mate. See my Ireland and England posts for reference
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

So going by the logic on here then URC is the best league then French then SR then GP 😂🤦‍♀️
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:04 am So going by the logic on here then URC is the best league then French then SR then GP 😂🤦‍♀️
Well I would say that the URC probably has the best club team in the world in Leinster and the top half of their table is pretty decent the bottom half is very pony. It is just too hard to tell how SR teams would match up without seeing them actually play club teams from other nations, attacking wise yes they look very good but a part from that the other aspects of the game they look to my eyes weaker comparatively.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

wigworth wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:17 am
Scott1 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:04 am So going by the logic on here then URC is the best league then French then SR then GP 😂🤦‍♀️
Well I would say that the URC probably has the best club team in the world in Leinster and the top half of their table is pretty decent the bottom half is very pony. It is just too hard to tell how SR teams would match up without seeing them actually play club teams from other nations, attacking wise yes they look very good but a part from that the other aspects of the game they look to my eyes weaker comparatively.
But The Bulls have just beaten Leinster,at their own game too so why wouldn’t you say the Bulls are better? And it’s always been the case that because of the way the NZ teams play that they don’t match up physically,don’t let that fool you. They’ve always played the same and had no problems fronting up to the giant SA teams of old,who to me are comfortably the most physical sides to ever play club rugby. It’s a great debate ,but I don’t believe you can judge club teams on what the international sides are doing otherwise with how dire England have been for a while you would have to say the GP is comfortably the worse league out the 4 and that isn’t the case at all. That logic doesn’t work mate
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:21 am
But The Bulls have just beaten Leinster,at their own game too so why wouldn’t you say the Bulls are better? And it’s always been the case that because of the way the NZ teams play that they don’t match up physically,don’t let that fool you. They’ve always played the same and had no problems fronting up to the giant SA teams of old,who to me are comfortably the most physical sides to ever play club rugby. It’s a great debate ,but I don’t believe you can judge club teams on what the international sides are doing otherwise with how dire England have been for a while you would have to say the GP is comfortably the worse league out the 4 and that isn’t the case at all. That logic doesn’t work mate
I would argue it was Leinster's hubris that cost them that match, having one eye on the final and not playing Sexton from the start. Fair play to the Bulls they played a well executed game to disrupt them but if they played 10 matches I would bet Leinster would win 7 of them at least.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

wigworth wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:30 am

I would argue it was Leinster's hubris that cost them that match, having one eye on the final and not playing Sexton from the start. Fair play to the Bulls they played a well executed game to disrupt them but if they played 10 matches I would bet Leinster would win 7 of them at least.
Good points,I thoroughly enjoyed Leinster finishing trophyless though 😂👍
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:32 am
wigworth wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:30 am
Good points,I thoroughly enjoyed Leinster finishing trophyless though 😂👍
Same, I don't even dislike them that much, I feel you just have to hold them to a much higher standard than everyone else given the hand of cards they are playing with.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

And the worlds best club side win another SR! Way too many mistakes by The Blues all game
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:59 am And the worlds best club side win another SR! Way too many mistakes by The Blues all game
To be pedantic NZ sides in Super Rugby aren't Clubs, neither are the sides in their NPC, at the top level only French & English teams are "clubs" in the old fashioned way.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:05 am
Scott1 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:59 am And the worlds best club side win another SR! Way too many mistakes by The Blues all game
To be pedantic NZ sides in Super Rugby aren't Clubs, neither are the sides in their NPC, at the top level only French & English teams are "clubs" in the old fashioned way.
True 👍
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Cheetahs v Pumas Currie Cup SF Sky Sports Arena 12:30,nice!