Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigerbeat

Re: Wasps still in the mire

Post by Tigerbeat »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:27 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:22 pm
longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:54 pm

His line today was more around should the league allow a club with the history etc of Wasps to be relegated if they go into administraton? Basically one rule for Wuss and one for Wasps....
Well he would say that wouldn't he.... then again so would we probably if it was Tigers.
Dayglo's face if Wasps went belly up would be a delight....in their own way they are as badly run as Worcester.
Absolutely agree. Gambling on moving to a completely different (and not neighbouring) county and gamble on taking on a stadium way in excess of their needs was just bonkers. Then to screw over their own fans with the bonds. Let's be honest, they were never going to be able to pay them back - COVID or no COVID!
COVid has probably played a very big part in the finances as the Hotel is part of the Stadium and hospitality took a big hit. They could have a case for COVid if things do not work out for them.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:02 pm
longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:27 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:22 pm

Well he would say that wouldn't he.... then again so would we probably if it was Tigers.
Dayglo's face if Wasps went belly up would be a delight....in their own way they are as badly run as Worcester.
Absolutely agree. Gambling on moving to a completely different (and not neighbouring) county and gamble on taking on a stadium way in excess of their needs was just bonkers. Then to screw over their own fans with the bonds. Let's be honest, they were never going to be able to pay them back - COVID or no COVID!
COVid has probably played a very big part in the finances as the Hotel is part of the Stadium and hospitality took a big hit. They could have a case for COVid if things do not work out for them.
Problem for Wasps is the Arena was making money till they came in. After that they were losing an average of £10million a year PRE-covid.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:54 pm
wigworth wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:32 pm
longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:28 pm

Dayglo appears to think otherwise........
Hasn't he been saying there will be a deal next week for the last 4 weeks though.
His line today was more around should the league allow a club with the history etc of Wasps to be relegated if they go into administraton? Basically one rule for Wuss and one for Wasps....
If that’s the best argument they have, it probably means there’s no rescue package on the horizon. Clutching at straws.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

I haven’t seen Dallaglios comments yet just read about them … but I can just imagine him

Jaw jutting, foot twitching, drivel that he normally comes out with but only worse this time .. he is a director of this club, I understand, therefore one assumes is well aware of the financial incompetence that has led to this position. Now he is advocating special treatment! Because of “My glory days”.
Well no one cares, certainly not HMRC or creditors or the Premiership or the other clubs. Least of all poor Worcester who have been kidnapped by a couple of bandits seemingly! It is massively disrespectful to all the players and staff at Worcester that they should face the sanctions of the Premiership but not Wasps.
I used to think the bloke was so biased re Wasps and anti Tigers he made the Late Eddie Butler look impartial whilst discussing Wales, but this takes the biscuit.
If he had an ounce of decency he would resign as a director along with the rest of them and apologise to there half a dozen fans for their mismanagement and gross incompetence.
They need relegating and they need to sell off all the other stuff to pay the HMRC and creditors something and then they need to return to where they belong in West London and hope some of there original support from there forgives them for their nomadic ways and go to watch them in whatever lower league they end up in.
All clubs have suffered during the last few years and some have taken drastic steps to cut our cloth accordingly. Our club, cleared out the board room the coaching staff and a raft of top players who would not take pay cuts. All very tough and painful decisions, but the right thing was done eventually and they had my full support for one. Had we ended up in the championship or lower then I would have still supported them and will if we end up there in the future. I would not expect The Leicester Tigers to be given special treatment just because we happened to be 11 times Champions!
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

The history of the club will be unlikely to be a consideration those owed money will be considering.

The administrators (if appointed) like Receivers have those owed money and to an extent the employees as a consideration but I doubt the history of the club can be a consideration when it comes to getting those owed what they are due.

There's subtle difference between calling in administrators and going into administration. The former is perhaps a way of buying time by showing you are acting in a proper and diligent way to find a solution but will only buy some time if the club isn't re-financed promptly.

The Inland Revenue will only put their action on hold if they are persuaded that a greater sum will be able to be recouped for themselves and others. In the end we all haver to pay our taxes and if some are let off the rest pay more.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Professional Rugby is a business and like any other business if you cannot pay the wages and the suppliers you go bust. History is irrelevant unless National security is involved and there should be no favourites. If a sports club is key to the wellbeing of the local community then maybe help can be granted but Wasps cannot call upon a century of tradition in the area. They are parasitic nomads who have contributed nothing to the area in which they now dwell. It is a travesty that one of their directors should be allowed a public voice on discussions of Rugby matters when he and his co-directors are representative of the problems affecting our game.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

No history and no longer “London Wasps” and never really part of the community they now inhabit.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

mol2 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:09 pm No history and no longer “London Wasps” and never really part of the community they now inhabit.
Unpopular in High Wycombe.
Unpopular in Coventry.
Nowhere to go to in their traditional North London home, with Irish, Quins, possibly Ealing (who are even more financially viable perhaps) and Sarries all filling that market.

Past glories are long gone.
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

I think Wasps are in the same position as a Wuss were, and they also don’t have a ground to use as collateral. If they go into administration then they should be playing championship rugby next year, regardless of past glories. I do wonder whether quite wrongly Wuss were the sacrificial lamb here and Wasps will survive as other owners are having a thought that their club could be next if they have financial worries? As mentioned, there is no way Sarries or Sale can pay huge money to their star players with gate recipients and merchandise alone. 7,000 a game isn’t a Manu or Farrell wage maker.
I agree with the previous poster, even if we had been relegated I would have still supported Tigers, due to to their nomadic movements, they are less likely to have said fans.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

I see Brian Moore has had his say. "The rules apply to all." Put in precis.

Before Adams Park wasn't there Loftus Road?

I don't know if this still holds true but there was always the old trick quiz question about "The last Leicester number 9 to score a last minute winner at Loftus Road. "
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
TiltonTiger

Post by TiltonTiger »

The more I consider it the more outraged I become over Dallaglio’s statement. Here is a man who has been at the highest levels of Wasps Rugby for many years. A man who thinks he is involved with a ‘big’ club. One that treats its supporters with contempt by upping sticks and moving around the country whenever it suits them. And he gets to air his arrogant complacency on the one TV channel that covers rugby to any extent. I have never wished ill on a club (apart from the week before we play them), but if this man’s opinion reflects that of the Wasps board then I will delight in seeing them go down. They don’t deserve the few people that turn up to watch them. Like the home kit though!
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

In the amateur era you could just about made the argument that Wasps should be allowed to survive, now it's survival of the "most" fit.
Dayglo commenting on their issues isn't that different in some ways than when Benny Kay was on our board...the main difference is Benny isn't an insufferable bore.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Fissler has said on Twitter that Mike Ashley has declared an interest
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »