Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Wasps still in the mire

Post by RagingBull »

So any Wasps players we fancy?
West and Stooke are two I like

Back Row depending on what Reffell long term future is Jack Willis.
Ltandy111

Post by Ltandy111 »

Odendaal looks handy
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

RagingBull wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:36 pm So any Wasps players we fancy?

Given the conveyor belt of locks we have coming through I'd not take the risk on Stooke after that unfortunate but nasty injury he picked up last season.

West, agree. Koch is a great player but that's a pipe dream given the offers he's likely to receive. Jack Willis is a quality player though he's already had two really bad knee injuries in his career. I suspect a team more in need will offer him more than we might.

Charlie Atkinson though, young and talented can play both 10 and 15. Probably 12 as well as he's fairly physical for a flyhalf. Could definitely slot into the Tigers system, particularly if Burns was looking at heading back to Japan or if we want to start planning for the longer term (given Burns and Gopperth aren't spring chickens and the two senior academy guys at yet to hit 20 iirc).
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://uk.advfn.com/stock-market/londo ... share-chat

Interesting that the bond holders chat has said they are wanting to be the ones putting the receiver in place.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

As far as I can see, this has bought them 10 business days. So, October 5th deadline.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Why are Wasps not being threatened by the RFU in the same way they are threatening Worcester?

I know it's not the same but its seems Wasps could go pop at any moment.

Also, just posted this on the Worcester thread:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/62992223

Bristol boss saying increased revenue is needed across the game, as has been discussed in the worrying attendances thread, the games exposure is poor and it needs marketing better to increase interest, which should in turn increase bums on seats.....
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

I am guessing that, whilst Wasps have the issue with the bond repayment, they are still paying staff and players, have insurance in place and funds to put on matches. Only a guess though.
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

GB72 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:09 am I am guessing that, whilst Wasps have the issue with the bond repayment, they are still paying staff and players, have insurance in place and funds to put on matches. Only a guess though.
Yeah, that makes sense. Just seems a bit like Worcester are being kicked while they're down, but Wasps are not getting any flak.
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

OK, the cynic in me might suggest that, as the bigger name with the greater history, the league may be more keen for Wasps to survive and they think that they can take the hit of losing one team but not necessarily two. I suspect that, as long as they can put some funding in place, there is no way that Wasps will be relegated for going into administration. On the other hand, I get the impression that the league is pretty amibivilant to the future of Worcester.
LekkerTigers

Post by LekkerTigers »

Sam Spink for a moneyball outside centre signing.
LekkerTigers

Post by LekkerTigers »

LekkerTigers wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:32 am

Sam Spink for a moneyball outside centre signing.
https://streamable.com/eodsvf small clip of him from pre-season.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Worcester and Wasps are 2 different cases, as was Sarries before them, and as such should be treated as such. I’m not aware that Wasps have broken or come close to breaking any RFU rules, their issues are with their inability to pay back the bond holders.
Worcester were unable to fulfill a fixture last season, have been unable to pay both playing and non playing staff properly, and have issues with ground safety as witnessed by 2 of their stands not being open on Sunday.
arickett

Post by arickett »

Yes wasp need far more money and are in difficulty due to their own choices and they are also in tax trouble as of the announcement that they are appointing receivers .

The warriors used all the money to pay the tax bill so now they need enough to pay the insurance then need a income stream to pay the staff and they are safe.

Wasp need tax bill and 35M to stand a chance. then they will have issues with the RFU.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:54 am Worcester and Wasps are 2 different cases, as was Sarries before them, and as such should be treated as such. I’m not aware that Wasps have broken or come close to breaking any RFU rules, their issues are with their inability to pay back the bond holders.
Worcester were unable to fulfill a fixture last season, have been unable to pay both playing and non playing staff properly, and have issues with ground safety as witnessed by 2 of their stands not being open on Sunday.
As I understand it, insolvency breaks the rules. Wasps are definitely close to that.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

arickett wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:00 pm Yes wasp need far more money and are in difficulty due to their own choices and they are also in tax trouble as of the announcement that they are appointing receivers .

The warriors used all the money to pay the tax bill so now they need enough to pay the insurance then need a income stream to pay the staff and they are safe.

Wasp need tax bill and 35M to stand a chance. then they will have issues with the RFU.
Have Worcester paid the tax bill. I thought that there was still and HMRC winding up petition on the table for early October. I could be wrong but thought that part of the issue was what happened to all the PRC and Covid support money as nothing appears to have been paid.

I wish I were wrong but I just cannot see the way out for Worcester. With only 5000 allowed in ground at the moment, I am just not sure how they get the funding from that to pay match day costs and wages let alone start clearing down the debt. As fewer suppliers allow them credit, that just gets harder and harder. Not sure what a normal crowd is for Worcester but you suspect that they are going to need levels up near the 20000 mark for every match to even start digging their way out of this.