Wasps in the mire - now in administration

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Re: Wasps in the mire - now in administration

Post by tigerburnie »

Worcester seem to be making the right noises to get the club on the right footing, Wasps on the other hand still seem to be in a mess with little or no direction apart from asking fans for more money, that will not pay off debts and set the club up for the future will it?
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

It seems that O’Toole and now Diamond are galvanising ideas about the future of the Worcester. The past employees/management at Wasps seem to be silent or apathetic. There may be things going on in the background but if it is not from rugby the Wasps will die and the stadium business may continue separately. Where is the Dayglo led consortium?
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://twitter.com/stephenjones9/statu ... cS21Q&s=19

Some hope for Wasps fans maybe... big question is where will they play?
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

All well and good but the trouble starts if Wasps and Wuss both survive and start next season in the Championship and it comes to promotion time!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Wasps: Offer to buy Premiership club accepted by joint administrators. Mens team and academy only. A consortium including the self titled “Wasps Legends”. Sounds like Dayglo to me
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Hehehehehehehehe
RichG
Tiger Cub

Post by RichG »

‘BBC Coventry & Warwickshire understand the prospective takeover does not include the Coventry Building Society Arena.’ - Is this an indication they are not staying in Coventry?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Be interested to see if it's 2 up when promotion comes around. 1 up? I can see the Championship teams being very unhappy now its watered down their chances of being promoted,especially now the qualifying attendance has been lowered. Could get messy!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

RichG wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:49 pm ‘BBC Coventry & Warwickshire understand the prospective takeover does not include the Coventry Building Society Arena.’ - Is this an indication they are not staying in Coventry?
Wouldn’t surprise me to see them end up in South/South East London if there is a stadium available
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

Will they ever stay in one place and build a fan base?
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:52 pm
RichG wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:49 pm ‘BBC Coventry & Warwickshire understand the prospective takeover does not include the Coventry Building Society Arena.’ - Is this an indication they are not staying in Coventry?
Wouldn’t surprise me to see them end up in South/South East London if there is a stadium available
Because of their nomadic existence their most recent set of fans, who they have connected with and built a fan base around, are in and around Coventry. Moving back towards their 'spiritual home' near Sudbury makes sense from an identity perspective but will then hack off the more recent converts to rugby/Wasps. I'd imagine that few of the fans who are West Midlands based are highly unlikely to spend their time and money travelling to South London to watch matches.

You'd think that they would want to have their own home which is where they have fallen foul before until the fiasco of their move to Coventry. That will need time and lots and lots of money.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

I wonder if the ACL part of the business is being kept out of administration for the minute because of this. Seperate off the 35 million for the bond holders debt (the biggest pile of debt) get the club re-formed minus the ground and a lot of debt and then go from there...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

My feelings were that they have created too much bad blood in Coventry, and they will need to move away.

My London geography is a little sketchy but I think I’m right in saying that Saracens, Irish, Quins, and Ealing are all within an hour of each other.
If you’re looking to move go somewhere where there is no team, but a potential large feeder area for players and fans. East London, easy access from Essex, Kent , Suffolk, South Cambridgeshire. Will never happen but just a suggestion
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:44 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:52 pm
Because of their nomadic existence their most recent set of fans, who they have connected with and built a fan base around, are in and around Coventry. Moving back towards their 'spiritual home' near Sudbury makes sense from an identity perspective but will then hack off the more recent converts to rugby/Wasps. I'd imagine that few of the fans who are West Midlands based are highly unlikely to spend their time and money travelling to South London to watch matches.

You'd think that they would want to have their own home which is where they have fallen foul before until the fiasco of their move to Coventry. That will need time and lots and lots of money.
Tbh mate you didn't really see or talk to many Wasps fans at the The Ricoh. Seemed to be more rugby fans in there supporting Wasps for the day