Premiership Final v Saracens - 18th June 2022 KO 15:00

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Premiership Final v Saracens - 18th June 2022 KO 15:00

Post by chewbacca »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:18 pm Odds on Farrell being cited before the final?

https://www.reddit.com/r/rugbyunion/com ... th_on_the/
Not a chance. He plays for Saracens doesn't he.
I'm not cynical just experienced
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

chewbacca wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:19 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:18 pm Odds on Farrell being cited before the final?

Yep,be surprised if anything happens!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Slightly left field thinking to combat their kicking game, a back line of

Youngs
Ford
Potter
Scott
Moroni
Steward
Burns

With JVP Porter and Nadolo on the bench.
KevinR

Post by KevinR »

Apparently, we're in for a heat wave this week, but the forecast for Saturday afternoon says we will be playing in the rain. Might spoil our day out, but might not do our match chances any harm at all.
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Greenwhiteandred »

Only saw the highlights of Sarries Quins but Evans started , great jackaller and didn’t seem to impact the Sarries game plan (other than Earl running straight through him their first try). We need George’s heft from the start in the back row for me. We will get chances (Quins got them) and we need to take them - need more options at the 5 metre line out than throw it to Hanro at the front as Sarries will be all over it. ISBWT
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:23 pm

Yep been confirmed no citings in either semifinal, despite multiple punches thrown in the Sarries Quins game...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:41 am
Scott1 wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:23 pm
Yep been confirmed no citings in either semifinal, despite multiple punches thrown in the Sarries Quins game...
Sarries' green must be rubbed pretty raw at this point in the season.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Typical Sarries,and I remember there was more than one poster on here stating there's nothing out of the ordinary going on! Thet get away with an incredible amount,and it will be the same in the final too mark my words! We are up against it!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerXV

Post by TigerXV »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:28 am Typical Sarries,and I remember there was more than one poster on here stating there's nothing out of the ordinary going on! Thet get away with an incredible amount,and it will be the same in the final too mark my words! We are up against it!
To be fair I've seen video from the Sarries v Quins game of the quins no 4 double punching OF in the head from behind who ends up blooded but smiling - neither ref nor TMO nor Citing Commissioner deemed it worth a review - it goes both ways. As it does for all teams. We were lucky with the Saints yellow card (despite an earlier Saints high tackle going unchecked).
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

TigerXV wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:15 am
Scott1 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:28 am Typical Sarries,and I remember there was more than one poster on here stating there's nothing out of the ordinary going on! Thet get away with an incredible amount,and it will be the same in the final too mark my words! We are up against it!
To be fair I've seen video from the Sarries v Quins game of the quins no 4 double punching OF in the head from behind who ends up blooded but smiling - neither ref nor TMO nor Citing Commissioner deemed it worth a review - it goes both ways. As it does for all teams. We were lucky with the Saints yellow card (despite an earlier Saints high tackle going unchecked).
I thought the one that was just a penalty minutes before was more of a yellow card than the one they actually gave to Saints.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

In those games where everything is on the line, you need to do whatever is necessary to get an advantage and the win. If that means "getting away with something" then players will do it, from all clubs. Tigers during the glory years were accused of something similar as I recall, always getting the decisions. I think it's jealousy in a lot of cases where Saracens are concerned. They built a culture that isn't matched anywhere else and the whole club buys into it. We've developed something similar although we're in the early stages. The thing that I don't like about them is the celebrating after something as simple as a knock-on. They're in your face (literally)....yelling. I'm not sure that I could walk away with Itoje bellowing in my ear ! And that's part of their game. We need to ignore it, difficult though. Quins were rattled in that semi-final, which went a long way to deciding the outcome.
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

I for one want to see Farrell on the pitch at the weekend. Win or lose, I want Tigers to be up against the regular Saracens first team so as we face the best opposition possible and avoid any future talk of 'the result would have been different if it were not for.....................'. Could make for an interesting on pitch dynamic as well with Ford potentially playing for a place on the Australia tour and I suspect that a massive performance that makes Farrell look like a rank amateur would be needed to keep those hopes alive.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

I agree with Westwinds about Sarries triumphalism; extremely annoying. Equally annoying is they have the word "humility" as one of their key values painted on a stand at their little ground.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Just so rehearsed and false with them! I refer you back to my much repeated Billy V story,first game of the season and the on pitch interviewer asked him "what have you been doing over the summer Billy?" Any normal human being would say,spending time with kids/family, on holiday even eating and drinking but his response was "staying humble" I almost flatfooted my TV through the wall 🤮🤮🤮
TigerXV

Post by TigerXV »

westwinds31 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:26 am
In those games where everything is on the line, you need to do whatever is necessary to get an advantage and the win. If that means "getting away with something" then players will do it, from all clubs. Tigers during the glory years were accused of something similar as I recall, always getting the decisions. I think it's jealousy in a lot of cases where Saracens are concerned. They built a culture that isn't matched anywhere else and the whole club buys into it. We've developed something similar although we're in the early stages. The thing that I don't like about them is the celebrating after something as simple as a knock-on. They're in your face (literally)....yelling. I'm not sure that I could walk away with Itoje bellowing in my ear ! And that's part of their game. We need to ignore it, difficult though. Quins were rattled in that semi-final, which went a long way to deciding the outcome.
couldn't agree more - I have no problem with aggression and actually don't see a problem with a level of fisticuffs as 99% of the time nothing serious happens. However the niggle when winning a penalty/opposition make a mistake is so childish and unsavoury. Sarries are such a good team they really don't need to behave as they do and by doing so they not only make a mockery of their moto: Discipline, honesty, hard work, humility they do nothing for setting an example for the wider game.