Premiership Final v Saracens - 18th June 2022 KO 15:00

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Re: Premiership Final v Saracens - 18th June 2022 KO 15:00

Post by jgriffin »

Lots of bulling up Sarries on Twotter, BT doesn't help. Apparently they're wonderful as no other team winning the Championship went on to win the Prem. Sarries fans seem to think its a foregone result, amnesia as to why a team capable - still - of fielding 23 established internationals ended up there.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

jgriffin wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:01 pm Lots of bulling up Sarries on Twotter, BT doesn't help. Apparently they're wonderful as no other team winning the Championship went on to win the Prem. Sarries fans seem to think its a foregone result, amnesia as to why a team capable - still - of fielding 23 established internationals ended up there.
Was a very unique set of circumstances
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

if Matt Scott is fit he needs to play at 12, he is the best available player after Dan Kelly when everyone is fit, Porter is a superb 13 a fine winger but an average 12 IMO so I'd bring Scott in for Kelly and keep the rest of the back line the same
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

For those not able to attend Twickenham and those who have no BT Sport links then the whole game is shown on ITV4 which is Freeview DTV26 from 14:15 to 17:30hrs with Flats and others.
What a great inspiration it was on Saturday to have a sea of Tigers flags waving at the ground, I hope these are reused and supplemented on Saturday down there. :smt038
manxleigh

Post by manxleigh »

Would also say that the 'tickets from £20' is quite disingenuous. Only adults will be ordering, so why base it on the cheapest child ticket price.
PGD wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:56 pm Heavens - but Prem Rugby's page for buying final tickets is a pain! As I couldn't see in the email an "exclusive link" for STs & members to buy tickets, I phoned Tigers office for advice. If in doubt, always phone Welford Rd - they know what they're doing & told me the blocks which Tigers had been allocated. So I'm in M26, R58, S35 surrounded by lots of other Tigers. Bring it on!

I hope the shuttle buses are running from Richmond: they're so useful - lunch at the Prince of Wales by the green!
keep dreaming and you'll keep wondering
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

I notice Nemani has pretty much stopped tweeting his positive tweets supporting the team and instead is tweeting a lot on matters involving his fellow countrymen. For me he looks decidely disinterested these days and I suspect that mentally not physically he has already left the club. Perhaps its just me but I suspect his lack of game time has been a major contributary factor.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

sapajo wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:44 pm I notice Nemani has pretty much stopped tweeting his positive tweets supporting the team and instead is tweeting a lot on matters involving his fellow countrymen. For me he looks decidely disinterested these days and I suspect that mentally not physically he has already left the club. Perhaps its just me but I suspect his lack of game time has been a major contributary factor.
On current showing and our incomings I would hope that the rumours of a part season extension aren’t true.

That isn’t to say that he hasn’t been huge for the team and a big part of the revival, but he does seem to have dropped off
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Dude posted after the falcons game lol

He’s also posting more his thanks etc on his Instagram now.

I think sometimes it’s easy to try and read too much into social media posts
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Agreed that Nadolo looks uninterested, overweight, ponderous and no longer breaks tackles.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Old Hob wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:19 pm Agreed that Nadolo looks uninterested, overweight, ponderous and no longer breaks tackles.
I don't think it's at all fair or accurate to call him uninterested. He's still carrying hard, lacking his explosive best form but he makes more impact than most others and is looking for the work when he's on the pitch.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Uninterested?! The guy nearly scored a try for goodness sake!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
BiteMe

Post by BiteMe »

Interesting conundrum re Nadolo. He understandingly looked a little frustrated when he came on yesterday with not many minutes left on the clock. He needs minutes on the pitch to get up to full beast mode but doesn’t have the stamina to last for a full game. I’d have him on the bench again and try to get him in the best possible condition to make a telling contribution.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

BiteMe wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:38 pm Interesting conundrum re Nadolo. He understandingly looked a little frustrated when he came on yesterday with not many minutes left on the clock. He needs minutes on the pitch to get up to full beast mode but doesn’t have the stamina to last for a full game. I’d have him on the bench again and try to get him in the best possible condition to make a telling contribution.
Conundrum is a nice way to put it. Yes he nearly scored a try picking up from 2 yards at the base of a ruck. For me if he is in the squad he starts and he is not versatile enough to take up a bench spot, and no imo he isn’t an option at 12 maybe 10 years ago.
The worry with him starting is the kicking game of Farrell and Goode turning him
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Watching the highlights, if Marchant doesn't spin when Lozowski charges him that collision would've been awful! Gets worse every time I see it
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Odds on Farrell being cited before the final?

https://www.reddit.com/r/rugbyunion/com ... th_on_the/
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.