Premiership Final v Saracens - 18th June 2022 KO 15:00

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigerbeat

Re: Premiership Final v Saracens - 18th June 2022 KO 15:00

Post by Tigerbeat »

Tickets available now

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/premiershiprugby

Tigers will only be getting a small allocation of 5000 apparently.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

For me personally, unless injured Ashton has to play. Nadalo has been great but he is too slow and not good under the high ball.
Discipline will be a huge factor.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Ian Cant wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:13 pm For me personally, unless injured Ashton has to play. Nadalo has been great but he is too slow and not good under the high ball.
And whether Sir remembers to bring his red card, after all it is a Saracens game so it's usually not required! All joking aside I'm really pleased it's Wayne on the whistle.. a country mile ahead of the rest for me.
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postiger2 »

Hopefully we can channel our inner La Rochelle! They were very much underdogs v Ireland in the Heineken
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:15 pm
Ian Cant wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:13 pm For me personally, unless injured Ashton has to play. Nadalo has been great but he is too slow and not good under the high ball.
And whether Sir remembers to bring his red card, after all it is a Saracens game so it's usually not required! All joking aside I'm really pleased it's Wayne on the whistle.. a country mile ahead of the rest for me.
Barnes has already shown that he’s not afraid of calling out Sarries for ill discipline. Wasn’t it him who walked them back 10 metres 3 times in one game?
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

A friend and passionate fan of a team that just missed out has just reminded me , “as it’s Sarries in the final, all of a sudden Tigers now has 12 clubs’ worth of supporters.” 👍👍👍
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

loretta wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:54 pm
Barnes has already shown that he’s not afraid of calling out Sarries for ill discipline. Wasn’t it him who walked them back 10 metres 3 times in one game?
How do we know that Wayne will be the ref…..has it been announced anywhere?
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

In Mallorca for the final. Need to source a bar with it on or the tablet should do the trick by the pool !
Faulks04
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Faulks04 »

I’d be tempted to start Martin . He’s a real workhorse , ball in hand he makes yards in defence he knocks people back ! Don’t ask me who you leave out but I just think physicality is gonna be key against sarries . Hard to see us beating them but stranger things have happened
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Borthwick doesn't just pick our strongest team, he picks the one he feels is most likely to win via the plan he has put together for each opposition. He is methodical and he will have a plan to win, and it'll likely give us a realistic route to winning even if people think we're likely to be underdogs we will be fully prepared for this one.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:58 pm
loretta wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:54 pm

How do we know that Wayne will be the ref…..has it been announced anywhere?
No it’s not but wasn’t involved this weekend so I think a lot of people including me feel it will be him.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:10 pm Tickets available now

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/premiershiprugby

Tigers will only be getting a small allocation of 5000 apparently.
From the mists of time supporters used to go direct to the RFU
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Hello, final tickets booked. Please does anyone know of coaches being organised and if so can you please post details ? Thank you kindly
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Downsouth

Post by Downsouth »

We need the starting 15 and bench most likely to bring victory which is not necessarily the same as starting with the best 15 players and the next choices on the bench. For me Chessum is much better than Green, but If one is on the bench and one starting, then start Green. Heyes is catching Cole fast but start Cole. I would go for Ashton over Nadolo for a few reasons, defence is one, versatility another and on a big pitch, I cannot see Nemani lasting 80 minutes. If Scott takes inside centre then we need Porter on the bench. So even though Nadolo is one of our best players, I think he may miss out totally.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Downsouth wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:10 am We need the starting 15 and bench most likely to bring victory which is not necessarily the same as starting with the best 15 players and the next choices on the bench. For me Chessum is much better than Green, but If one is on the bench and one starting, then start Green. Heyes is catching Cole fast but start Cole. I would go for Ashton over Nadolo for a few reasons, defence is one, versatility another and on a big pitch, I cannot see Nemani lasting 80 minutes. If Scott takes inside centre then we need Porter on the bench. So even though Nadolo is one of our best players, I think he may miss out totally.
Great post. It was interesting that Sarries started with Swinson yesterday then Isekwe came off the bench and was a right nuisance including 3 line out steals. Maybe the same with Green and Chessum. Also agree best players Reffell has been outstanding this season, just think Martin would be better against Sarries and their powerful back row.
12 is going to be the biggest call for me. If fit start with Scott as a lot of Sarries initial plays come through Farrell and Tompkins.
Porter has been fabulous this season but he has also picked up 1 red and 1 yellow card in the last couple of months due to poor tackles. If that had been the Sarries 10 with that record posters on here would be up in arms.