Semi final v Saints - 11th June 2022 KO 4-30pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: Semi final v Saints - 11th June 2022 KO 4-30pm

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:28 am People mentioning nerves, well yes first time in a big knockout game that’s understandable, but this is the 2nd time so there will have been lessons learnt from Leinster and they will be implemented.
Saints have as many young players as us for who this will be a first.
Add that we have plenty of players who also played vs Montpellier last year.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:25 am
Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:28 am People mentioning nerves, well yes first time in a big knockout game that’s understandable, but this is the 2nd time so there will have been lessons learnt from Leinster and they will be implemented.
Add that we have plenty of players who also played vs Montpellier last year.
Thanks,I was just getting over that! Haha but seriously,yellow card warning while destroying their maul and we take the 3. Ill never get over that decision,neither will whoever made it!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

I wasn't nervous about the semi-final until I took the leap a few days ago and booked trains, hotels and Twickenham tickets.

Now I'm a bag of nerves!!!

Though part of that is not having yet told the "other half' how much I've just spent.......
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

aslongaswebeatsaints wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:10 pm
I wasn't nervous about the semi-final until I took the leap a few days ago and booked trains, hotels and Twickenham tickets.

Though part of that is not having yet told the "other half' how much I've just spent.......
It’ll be fine just think what a lovely weekend you’ll have, and if the unspeakable does happen I’m sure you won’t be the only tigers shirt in the crowd :smt023
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:09 am
aslongaswebeatsaints wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:10 pm

It’ll be fine just think what a lovely weekend you’ll have, and if the unspeakable does happen I’m sure you won’t be the only tigers shirt in the crowd :smt023
Yes,we even had Tigers in the Leinster/La Rochelle crowd!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

I apologise for linking the two things at such a sad time for the family, but, is it likely Ben will not be available for selection this weekend and possibly for the final following the sad passing of Tiffany Youngs?
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:14 pm I apologise for linking the two things at such a sad time for the family, but, is it likely Ben will not be available for selection this weekend and possibly for the final following the sad passing of Tiffany Youngs?
No need to apologise knowing the closeness of the family I don’t think we will see Ben for either the semi or final should we get there. His participation in the summer tour may be doubtful too.

Knowing how close Dan Cole is to Tom it may also be a possible explanation as to why Will Hurd got some game time v Wasps

Once again devastating tragic news
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Tom might want them to play.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

ads wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:36 pm Tom might want them to play.
You are of course right, I’m sure it will be left to the individual
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

I believe the choice of officials in this game is a crucial decision. If I recall we have not had the pleasure of Wayne Barnes here at home this season which is very disappointing.
So folks we have not got Karl Dickson as Referee or Rose, Hodnett or Kitt as TMO ~
But we have ~Referee: Matthew Carley (121st Premiership game, 5th semi-final).

Assistant Referees: Craig Maxwell-Keys & Jack Makepeace. TMO: Stuart Terheege.

Citing Officer: Duncan Bell
I always think there is more life in a wet lettuce than Craig Maxwell-Keys after last weekends forward pass misses but hey-ho!

:smt027 :smt038
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

wormus wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:53 pm I believe the choice of officials in this game is a crucial decision. If I recall we have not had the pleasure of Wayne Barnes here at home this season which is very disappointing.
So folks we have not got Karl Dickson as Referee or Rose, Hodnett or Kitt as TMO ~
But we have ~Referee: Matthew Carley (121st Premiership game, 5th semi-final).

Assistant Referees: Craig Maxwell-Keys & Jack Makepeace. TMO: Stuart Terheege.

Citing Officer: Duncan Bell
I always think there is more life in a wet lettuce than Craig Maxwell-Keys after last weekends forward pass misses but hey-ho!

:smt027 :smt038
Same ref for both sides, try and take the emotion out of the equation, going to be really hard now, and don’t get on his wrong side
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Carley is a picky "Sir" for me, who tends to like to be centre stage.

Hate the playoffs, but with the 3 other teams involved, would prefer not to loose to any of them for different reasons.

We won the league anyway.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:18 pm
longlivethecrumbie wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:14 pm I apologise for linking the two things at such a sad time for the family, but, is it likely Ben will not be available for selection this weekend and possibly for the final following the sad passing of Tiffany Youngs?
No need to apologise knowing the closeness of the family I don’t think we will see Ben for either the semi or final should we get there. His participation in the summer tour may be doubtful too.

Knowing how close Dan Cole is to Tom it may also be a possible explanation as to why Will Hurd got some game time v Wasps

To be honest, and I don’t know them at all, I just feel Tom and Ben will want to meet “Saints in the semi and beat em up!”

Clearly there’s more important things than sport and/or work, but often in times of great sadness the best thing is to focus the mind on an alternative love/passion.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

anz3001 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:18 pm

To be honest, and I don’t know them at all, I just feel Tom and Ben will want to meet “Saints in the semi and beat em up!”

Clearly there’s more important things than sport and/or work, but often in times of great sadness the best thing is to focus the mind on an alternative love/passion.
It’s a very fair point, and whatever we say on here is purely conjecture. I do know that whatever decisions will be taken will be 100% backed by the club and us supporters.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:46 pm
anz3001 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:18 pm

It’s a very fair point, and whatever we say on here is purely conjecture. I do know that whatever decisions will be taken will be 100% backed by the club and us supporters.
Exactly, we'll be behind them whatever the call!
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.