Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2022

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2022

Post by ABClub »

I can see Quins having cap space. Their squad doesn't scream expensive to me.

Symons and Tizard out with Matthews and Herbst in will likely have saved money just at second row anyway.

I've been a big Launchbury fan forever but do feel his loose work has slowed down. Given that was what tended to make up for his weakness as a lineout jumper that's an issue. His defensive maul work is still outstanding though and often an overlooked part of the game. He's always been mentioned as a strong scrummaging lock too.

It would be interesting to see if his loose work was reignited in the Quins game plan. His offloading and support lines used to be fantastic for a lock. In his prime he was very good over the ball too.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Venter has signed for Sharks (the SA variant not the Manchester sharks)
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

ABClub wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:44 pm I can see Quins having cap space. Their squad doesn't scream expensive to me.

Symons and Tizard out with Matthews and Herbst in will likely have saved money just at second row anyway.

I've been a big Launchbury fan forever but do feel his loose work has slowed down. Given that was what tended to make up for his weakness as a lineout jumper that's an issue. His defensive maul work is still outstanding though and often an overlooked part of the game. He's always been mentioned as a strong scrummaging lock too.

It would be interesting to see if his loose work was reignited in the Quins game plan. His offloading and support lines used to be fantastic for a lock. In his prime he was very good over the ball too.
They had to give Dombrandt and Northmore new contracts in the summer. Players who were signed from the BUCS league were suddenly due big increases, Dombrandt as an international.

If Lawday is back soon then he and/or Kenningham could help cover for Launchbury's iffy jumping skills. He'd definitely offer Quins some more quality in that area around the park though Herbst has been a handy signing.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://twitter.com/gloucesterrugby/sta ... TOEFA&s=19

Gloucester announce 3 Worcester players
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Fissler reporting that Barbeary was in Bristol today. Could just be clickbait or Bears are adding to their squad.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

sapajo wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:52 pm Fissler reporting that Barbeary was in Bristol today. Could just be clickbait or Bears are adding to their squad.
Would fit with their squad, wonderful to watch..........when fit.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

sapajo wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:52 pm Fissler reporting that Barbeary was in Bristol today. Could just be clickbait or Bears are adding to their squad.
Could see that as true. Luatua & Jeffries both out in the back row so injury dispensation may be covering him (also explains the link between them and Jack Willis)

Ulster seems like the most likely destination for Tom Willis
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:07 pm
Could see that as true. Luatua & Jeffries both out in the back row so injury dispensation may be covering him (also explains the link between them and Jack Willis)

Ulster seems like the most likely destination for Tom Willis
Batley has already come in for Jeffries so it would be the significant blow of no Luatua for a spell it Bristol are after Willis.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Josh Bassett joining Quins after the injury to Tyrone Green. Reported in the Telegraph
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:31 am Josh Bassett joining Quins after the injury to Tyrone Green. Reported in the Telegraph
Sensible signing Green injury didn’t look good.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Sinckler has apparently signed a new deal with Bristol
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Shillcock and Searle have apparently both signed for Bath.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:11 am Shillcock and Searle have apparently both signed for Bath.
Would make sense. Bath have got two recognised flyhalfs in the squad and both are injured ahead of this weekend with only a 20 year old academy player or a centre playing 10 as their options. De Glanville the normal fullback is also injured and I think a winger or two are also injured. Leaves them a bit short in the back three with Cokanasiga likely to be called up for the AIs as well.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:11 am Shillcock and Searle have apparently both signed for Bath.
Both announced as short term. To me that suggests they are right up to the cap so can only afford on injury dispensation so both of those may be hopping between clubs a bit.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

South African media reporting that Louw will be joining the Bulls for next season from Hairyqueens. Picked up from RIL on Twitter.