Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2022

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2022

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

it should be noted with Worcester the company that actually pays the players isn't in administration, they seem to have split the business up into different parent companies
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

Jacko27 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:22 am The loan of four players - including two top players - will significantly strengthen Bath for one month and it does raise issues of fairness. Opponents in October and early November might feel hard done by having to play a Bath team that is significantly stronger than the ones faced by opponents lucky enough to have played them back in September. I see that Tigers are due to play at the Rec on November 11th. Perhaps Hill & Lawrence will be back at Wuss by then. Probably not.
I don't see why it is unfair? Assuming Bath were under the cap what is wrong with them signing players if they have the room? Many on here have said they would want certain players from Wuss if we had the cap room but unfortunately we do not.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

wigworth wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:41 pm
Jacko27 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:22 am The loan of four players - including two top players - will significantly strengthen Bath for one month and it does raise issues of fairness. Opponents in October and early November might feel hard done by having to play a Bath team that is significantly stronger than the ones faced by opponents lucky enough to have played them back in September. I see that Tigers are due to play at the Rec on November 11th. Perhaps Hill & Lawrence will be back at Wuss by then. Probably not.
I don't see why it is unfair? Assuming Bath were under the cap what is wrong with them signing players if they have the room? Many on here have said they would want certain players from Wuss if we had the cap room but unfortunately we do not.
I think it’s the limited time deal and that all being well they will return to Worcester, also they are likely to be being paid well below their true worth at Bath.
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

Rugbygramps wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:48 pm
I think it’s the limited time deal and that all being well they will return to Worcester, also they are likely to be being paid well below their true worth at Bath.
Is it actually known they are being paid less or is it speculation? I personally don't see an issue with it and am glad at least some players have got a chance to keep training and playing. If we had signed them I don't think such thoughts would have been a concern.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

wigworth wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:52 pm

Is it actually known they are being paid less or is it speculation? I personally don't see an issue with it and am glad at least some players have got a chance to keep training and playing. If we had signed them I don't think such thoughts would have been a concern.
No it’s supposition and I do agree that is excellent that players keep on top of their game.
I was just pointing out why others may have an issue.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:18 pm
wigworth wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:52 pm

No it’s supposition and I do agree that is excellent that players keep on top of their game.
I was just pointing out why others may have an issue.
It's a four week loan deal. Can't see it being for a fraction of their value otherwise that wouldn't absolve Wuss of the liability which is the entire point of the club letting those players go on loan. Bath have got a number of injuries so makes sense that they use a bit of injury dispensation or free cap to bring in a short term solution.

It's also a great opportunity for them to try and sell the club to those players, potential signings for next season.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Pure guess work but conservative estimate of those 4 players annual salary would be £500k, so monthly approx £42k.
I forgot about insurance payments so of course could well be covered by those.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Rugbygramps wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:11 pm Pure guess work but conservative estimate of those 4 players annual salary would be £500k, so monthly approx £42k.
Whose insurance would be covering them? Have they still got any valid insurance?
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Tigerbeat wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:26 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:11 pm Pure guess work but conservative estimate of those 4 players annual salary would be £500k, so monthly approx £42k.
Whose insurance would be covering them? Have they still got any valid insurance?
[/quote

My apologies for my confusion, injury dispensation for Bath injured players, I know Underhill is out for a while and Spencer, possibly
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

It's been confirmed in a message sent from Worcester to the players that they are no longer insured to train so do so at their own risk.

So Bath will have to be covering their insurance.

Basically it helps Worcester long term having players loaned out as they will be match sharp.

With one of those weeks being a bye week anyway for Worcester it gives them a few days to try and get stuff sorted.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:33 pm
[/quote

My apologies for my confusion, injury dispensation for Bath injured players, I know Underhill is out for a while and Spencer, possibly
Obano has had another injury, Underhill, the big SA 8 though I'm not sure they are short of centres. The first three explain the forward signings but I though Ojomoh and Joseph were both fit. I thought Redpath was fit as well but he didn't play at the weekend.

We could have done with Lawrence on a short term loan given our midfield injuries.
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

Malins confirmed to Bristol at the end of this season.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

That’s like losing steward that really.

Big loss for sardines long term
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

RB - I know Sardines will be an auto correct error, but I like it
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:59 pm RB - I know Sardines will be an auto correct error, but I like it
Perhaps that’s how they squeeze them all in ‘under the cap’ :smt044 :smt044