Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2022

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2022

Post by sam16111986 »

ABClub wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:44 pm If Launchbury was getting offers in the £60k region from Prem clubs then I think it's fair to assume that many players will have taken extremely low deals simply to have a wage coming in and continue their careers.

Trying to double guess cap space in these circumstances by estimating players out vs players in etc is near impossible.

Bath's squad at the start of the season wouldn't strike me as having lots of very high earners. I'd guess the likes of Underhill, Ben Spencer, JJ and Big Joe would be their highest earners for instance. All should be well paid but not earning what the likes of Genge and Sinckler will be without being marquees. They also have a lot of long term injuries to cover I believe?
There's £400k of injury dispensation which I suspect they qualify for with ease and that amount of cap goes a very long way when the likes of Launchbury are looking at salaries of £60k to take them to the end of the season. Lawrence for instance is a young guy and probably didn't have a large amount of savings, Batley took his Bristol contract after openly saying he'd be skint if unemployed for more than 2 months.

The issue might be getting them all under the cap for next season.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

sam16111986 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:01 pm
ABClub wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:44 pm If Launchbury was getting offers in the £60k region from Prem clubs then I think it's fair to assume that many players will have taken extremely low deals simply to have a wage coming in and continue their careers.

Trying to double guess cap space in these circumstances by estimating players out vs players in etc is near impossible.

Bath's squad at the start of the season wouldn't strike me as having lots of very high earners. I'd guess the likes of Underhill, Ben Spencer, JJ and Big Joe would be their highest earners for instance. All should be well paid but not earning what the likes of Genge and Sinckler will be without being marquees. They also have a lot of long term injuries to cover I believe?
There's £400k of injury dispensation which I suspect they qualify for with ease and that amount of cap goes a very long way when the likes of Launchbury are looking at salaries of £60k to take them to the end of the season. Lawrence for instance is a young guy and probably didn't have a large amount of savings, Batley took his Bristol contract after openly saying he'd be skint if unemployed for more than 2 months.

The issue might be getting them all under the cap for next season.
I wonder if that's why quite a few were only signed on "short term" deals
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Anything about Wasps and Wuss cap being shared out between the teams next season?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Scott1 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:14 pm Anything about Wasps and Wuss cap being shared out between the teams next season?
Doubt we'll see an increased cap whilst clubs are still recovering from Covid. Be another year at least.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Kvesic off to Zebra as tweeted by them
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

sam16111986 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:54 am
Scott1 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:14 pm Anything about Wasps and Wuss cap being shared out between the teams next season?
Doubt we'll see an increased cap whilst clubs are still recovering from Covid. Be another year at least.
Comes down to the will and voting of PRL Investors, and whether it would need a unanimous decision. If they decide to raise it, it'll go up. The reports were, before Wasps failed and around the time Worcester failed, that there was a 50:50 split, with 5-7 clubs backing an increase again, and the others opposing. That could easily be a majority now two clubs have failed.
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

Sarries sign Parton. Confirmed by clubs. Telegraph report in same article our link to OHC and Loader although Irish are trying to sign the latter to new contract.
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

Launchbury gone to Japan ‘for a few months’ which has got to mean he’s got a deal for next year surely?
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Shaun Edwards has signed an extension with France through to 2027, ruling him out of England contention
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

speedski wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:04 am Launchbury gone to Japan ‘for a few months’ which has got to mean he’s got a deal for next year surely?
Yep Harlequins next season
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

On Prime TV the commentator said Jack Willis has signed for Toulose and will play for them immediately post the autumn internationals
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

Barbery confirmed to Bath on a 'long term' deal.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

speedski wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:02 pm Barbery confirmed to Bath on a 'long term' deal.
I wonder if that means Ted Hill will be back on the market.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:12 pm
speedski wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:02 pm Barbery confirmed to Bath on a 'long term' deal.
Ted Hill should surely be in Eddie’s thoughts for the 6N.
Semper in excretia
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Robespierre wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:08 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:12 pm
Ted Hill should surely be in Eddie’s thoughts for the 6N.
Who knows with Eddie.