wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2022

Post by wigworth »

Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:54 am
wigworth wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:50 am
Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:48 am

Hadn’t heard that one. He doesn’t appear that happy at Bristol, and he wasn’t named in the England training squad, unless I missed him, could be off to France, Quins are stacked with tight heads so doubt they would have him back.
Well the rumour was that Borthwick wanted him here.
Interesting and may fit in with the rumours of Coles retirement. He is an undoubted talent but likely as not moved to Bristol for the £s. In the right environment he is young enough to flourish again.
Personally I would prefer it if we went all in behind Heyes but having another international prop is not a bad problem to have. Quins and Sale apparently are also interested in him, I think it will be more likely he ends up at one of them than us.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

The way our game plan centres around the set piece having 2 international tight heads could only be a good thing.
I would imagine Quins would have to shift Collier or Louw to accommodate him.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

I haven’t seen this mentioned anywhere so apologies for any repetition.
Stuart Lancaster leaving Leinster at the end of the to take up a 4 year post as DOR at Racing 92.
TiltonTiger

Post by TiltonTiger »

wigworth wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:59 am
Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:54 am
wigworth wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:50 am

Well the rumour was that Borthwick wanted him here.
Interesting and may fit in with the rumours of Coles retirement. He is an undoubted talent but likely as not moved to Bristol for the £s. In the right environment he is young enough to flourish again.
Personally I would prefer it if we went all in behind Heyes but having another international prop is not a bad problem to have. Quins and Sale apparently are also interested in him, I think it will be more likely he ends up at one of them than us.
Sinckler would be good back up when Joe and Old King Cole are on international duty.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:14 pm The way our game plan centres around the set piece having 2 international tight heads could only be a good thing.
IF Cole retired I'd happily take Collier if Quins released him to sign Sinkler. Personally I think Cole will play another season. Especially as I reckon he's at most 2 injuries off being in the world cup squad despite EJ's stubbornness
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:33 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:14 pm The way our game plan centres around the set piece having 2 international tight heads could only be a good thing.
IF Cole retired I'd happily take Collier if Quins released him to sign Sinkler. Personally I think Cole will play another season. Especially as I reckon he's at most 2 injuries off being in the world cup squad despite EJ's stubbornness
He should be in with a shout if form was all that counted. Looking at who EJ has tried over the last 18 months, you have Stewart, Heyes, Sinclair, Collier, Schickerling, battling for 3 spots.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:11 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:33 pm
He should be in with a shout if form was all that counted. Looking at who EJ has tried over the last 18 months, you have Stewart, Heyes, Sinclair, Collier, Schickerling, battling for 3 spots.
Definitely, plus Jones has proven (e.g. picking Care when Youngs was given leave) that he always wants an experienced option at International level in his team. For my money, even if Heyes, Collier & Schickerling have awesome seasons one of Cole, Sinckler or Stuart will be picked. Possibly if just one of them is out Cole may get picked.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby ... -loan.html

4 Worcester players joining Bath on loan... the fact it is a loan is IMO promising for Worcester as it suggests a way back for the players...
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Those 4 on loan confirmed by Steve Diamond...

https://twitter.com/Steve_Dimes/status/ ... qeedg&s=19
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

How have Bath got space in their wage budget for 4 players including 2 current England internationals?
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

baz1664 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:26 am How have Bath got space in their wage budget for 4 players including 2 current England internationals?
That's the thing, they probably don't.

What they have is a small amount of cap space left and a valid insurance policy for the players.

I'd rather if I was say Ollie Lawrence, get paid peanuts and be insured to train, stay match fit and match sharp than sit at home not getting anything.

If Worcester are saved it'll be in the next month (at most 2) so it's possibly max of 2 months of reduced wages if Worcester are saved.

If the club's not saved it's them staying relevant advertising themselves so they get a contract as soon as possible.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://www.worcesternews.co.uk/sport/2 ... ugby-loan/

Also just seen here it's been confirmed it's a month long loan.
CharlieTheTiger

Post by CharlieTheTiger »

baz1664 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:26 am How have Bath got space in their wage budget for 4 players including 2 current England internationals?
Probably injury dispensation as they have a lot of injuries. Wasn't that one of the reason Watson left
Jacko27

Post by Jacko27 »

The loan of four players - including two top players - will significantly strengthen Bath for one month and it does raise issues of fairness. Opponents in October and early November might feel hard done by having to play a Bath team that is significantly stronger than the ones faced by opponents lucky enough to have played them back in September. I see that Tigers are due to play at the Rec on November 11th. Perhaps Hill & Lawrence will be back at Wuss by then. Probably not.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Jacko27 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:22 am The loan of four players - including two top players - will significantly strengthen Bath for one month and it does raise issues of fairness. Opponents in October and early November might feel hard done by having to play a Bath team that is significantly stronger than the ones faced by opponents lucky enough to have played them back in September. I see that Tigers are due to play at the Rec on November 11th. Perhaps Hill & Lawrence will be back at Wuss by then. Probably not.
Totally agree. It is a unique situation, we all hope Worcester survive and the players need to stay fit, but there are so many variables that remain unanswered, and probably won’t until the situation is resolved. You would feel hard done by if Lawrence scores the match winning try against you. It still hasn’t been decided what is happening with the fixtures they have missed/will be missing, if they don’t survive what happens to the 3 fixtures played, and the remaining fixtures.
All very much up in the air.