Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2022

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2022

Post by LE18 »

His house here is still up for sale after 5 years, for a start some players rented it, then Aled but he moved a year ago.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Seen on twitter today posted by a London Irish Fan

I am hearing that Anthony Watson has signed for us as an OHC replacement. One acad grad for another. Be interested to see how he does for England today!
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

sapajo wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 1:37 pm Seen on twitter today posted by a London Irish Fan

I am hearing that Anthony Watson has signed for us as an OHC replacement. One acad grad for another. Be interested to see how he does for England today!
If that’s true I’d rather we not swapped!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:02 pm
sapajo wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 1:37 pm Seen on twitter today posted by a London Irish Fan

Agreed fingers crossed we can retain Watson
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

sapajo wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:03 pm

He’s levels above OHC at his best
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:03 pm

yes he is but would would probably have OHC all season whereas Watson with England half the season
A2O
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

ay2oh wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:08 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:03 pm

yes he is but would would probably have OHC all season whereas Watson with England half the season
Good shout
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Watson in the Times today in big article where he praises Tigers extensively.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Hope we can keep him.
A2O
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Jarrod Evans to Quins,strange one that. He's too good for the bench when Smith is there. And if Smith gets permanently dropped from England (which I believe he will) then that's even less game time
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:56 pm Jarrod Evans to Quins,strange one that. He's too good for the bench when Smith is there. And if Smith gets permanently dropped from England (which I believe he will) then that's even less game time
Tommaso Allen leaving Quins. Gives them a fair bit of cap space for anothe fly half. This one not going to be lost to internationals (Smith may well be) I'd say Evans is somewhat similar to us having someone like Atkinson as our backup.

Whichever way you look at it what Quins are offering is probably more than the £30k that Cardiff were rumoured to have told 12 players is on £50-250k (Which I expect Evans to be one of) is what their new contract offer is.

Think I'd take that move too...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Andy Uren leaving Brizzle at the end of the season to join Benetton and being replaced by Kieran Marmion from Connaught
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:22 pm
Scott1 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:56 pm Jarrod Evans to Quins,strange one that. He's too good for the bench when Smith is there. And if Smith gets permanently dropped from England (which I believe he will) then that's even less game time
Tommaso Allen leaving Quins. Gives them a fair bit of cap space for anothe fly half. This one not going to be lost to internationals (Smith may well be) I'd say Evans is somewhat similar to us having someone like Atkinson as our backup.

Whichever way you look at it what Quins are offering is probably more than the £30k that Cardiff were rumoured to have told 12 players is on £50-250k (Which I expect Evans to be one of) is what their new contract offer is.

Maybe Smith's on his way to France :smt003
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Take your points but Evans is way too good to be a bench player and like I said if Smith does get dropped from England like I think he will that's almost a whole season on the bench playing the odd game here and there
Last edited by Scott1 on Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:34 am

Take your points but Evans is way too good to be a bench player and like I said if Smith does get dropped from England like I think he will that's almost a whole season on the bench playing the off game here and there
Given the amount of game time Allen and Will Edwards (not a fly half, or at least he wasn't) have had at 10 for Quins in the past 18 months, I think he'll be fine!