Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2022

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:08 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:44 pm As the Sale DOR has said previously in relation to an ex Tigers player, they are excellent at getting players fit & on the field & keeping them there..
I thought that was Steve Diamond?
You are quite correct, but the present incumbent has said similar re the same individual.
It says something when Diamond seems reasonable compared with his successor.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
No6_Flanker
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by No6_Flanker »

A thought came to me the other day: there’s no way that Gloucester would have signed Albert Tuisue if Jake Polledri was (close to) coming back from injury.

They’ve already got Ruan Ackermann and Ben Morgan (although unsure if he’s retiring), and Jack Clement can play 8 too.

Which leads me to believe that we might not see Polledri again, and this would be a great shame.

(I must say that I have absolutely no inside information and this is pure speculation).
Cheering on the Tigers in Detroit.
Previously a slower, shorter, less good looking version of Tom Croft.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

No6_Flanker wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:10 pm A thought came to me the other day: there’s no way that Gloucester would have signed Albert Tuisue if Jake Polledri was (close to) coming back from injury.

They’ve already got Ruan Ackermann and Ben Morgan (although unsure if he’s retiring), and Jack Clement can play 8 too.

Which leads me to believe that we might not see Polledri again, and this would be a great shame.

(I must say that I have absolutely no inside information and this is pure speculation).
I posted it mate a while ago,a good Gloc friend told me that Polledri could be finished sadly

Sunday January 23 2022
“ Rumours are Polledri won't be offered a new contract at Gloc,his knee is completely shot. Nerve damage apparently. Shame if true”
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

No6_Flanker wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:10 pm A thought came to me the other day: there’s no way that Gloucester would have signed Albert Tuisue if Jake Polledri was (close to) coming back from injury.

I got the impression from reading on shedweb that Polledri was now out of contract and was not necessarily going to be re-signed by the club. A poster did say he had recovered from his knee injury but had some nerve damage causing some issues. I am sure a few clubs would be after him if he is still ok to play again.
No6_Flanker
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by No6_Flanker »

Sad news, he was immense when fit!
Cheering on the Tigers in Detroit.
Previously a slower, shorter, less good looking version of Tom Croft.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

No6_Flanker wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:40 pm Sad news, he was immense when fit!
A beast!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Polledri has been injured for so long that he's more than halfway through the 3 year stand down from international rugby that would qualify him for England again.

His injuries are such a shame, he's immense when fit. Italy would have a fantastic back row from Lamaro, Polledri, Steyn and Negri if they could get them all available.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Polledri is absolutely sensational, such a good player - I really hope someone takes a chance on him and he's able to reach his potential.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Had a brief chat with a friend of mine who is a Glaws fan. He tells me that they have made him an offer which he has not yet accepted. He believes that it's a lower offer than what he is currently on and is also a short 'prove your fitness' deal.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:51 am Had a brief chat with a friend of mine who is a Glaws fan. He tells me that they have made him an offer which he has not yet accepted. He believes that it's a lower offer than what he is currently on and is also a short 'prove your fitness' deal.
Simpson and Nagle-Taylor both released by Glaws; Polledri is rumoured to have signed the contract offer made to him at Castle Grim
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:35 pm
longlivethecrumbie wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:51 am Had a brief chat with a friend of mine who is a Glaws fan. He tells me that they have made him an offer which he has not yet accepted. He believes that it's a lower offer than what he is currently on and is also a short 'prove your fitness' deal.
Simpson and Nagle-Taylor both released by Glaws; Polledri is rumoured to have signed the contract offer made to him at Castle Grim
Nagle-Taylor is going to Pirates I think (They announced someone from Glaws today, think it was him)
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Alex King has left Gloc
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Gatland is eyeing a European job up in 2023,no thanks!
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:02 pm Gatland is eyeing a European job up in 2023,no thanks!
he can take over from Eddie
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:02 pm Gatland is eyeing a European job up in 2023,no thanks!
He's not had a great time back in NZ. There's no chance of him getting the AB job he wants.