Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2022

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2022

Post by markharbtiger »

I have no rumours. I just thought we needed a recent page for this which doesn't include posts nearly two years old... :smt001
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2022

Post by RagingBull »

Dragons Rugby can confirm a total of 16 senior players will be leaving the region at the conclusion of the 2021/22 season.

We will say our thanks to Dan Babos, Dan Baker, Greg Bateman, Mesake Doge, Harry Fry, Tom Griffiths, Jonah Holmes, Owen Jenkins, Josh Lewis, Evan Lloyd, Joe Maksymiw, Will Talbot-Davies, Adam Warren and Max Williams after Saturday’s final URC match of the season with Emirates Lions.

Taylor Davies and Jordan Olowofela will also depart after loan spells.

This group of players join Richard Hibbard, Aaron Jarvis, Tavis Knoyle and Jamie Roberts who all left Rodney Parade earlier in the season.

and

Wasps can confirm that Cameron Anderson, Michael Le Bourgeois, James Gaskell, Rob Miller, Pieter Scholtz, Jeff Toomaga-Allen and Marcus Watson will be leaving the Club at the end of the current season.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

RagingBull wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:35 pm Dragons Rugby can confirm a total of 16 senior players will be leaving the region at the conclusion of the 2021/22 season.

We will say our thanks to Dan Babos, Dan Baker, Greg Bateman, Mesake Doge, Harry Fry, Tom Griffiths, Jonah Holmes, Owen Jenkins, Josh Lewis, Evan Lloyd, Joe Maksymiw, Will Talbot-Davies, Adam Warren and Max Williams after Saturday’s final URC match of the season with Emirates Lions.

Taylor Davies and Jordan Olowofela will also depart after loan spells.

This group of players join Richard Hibbard, Aaron Jarvis, Tavis Knoyle and Jamie Roberts who all left Rodney Parade earlier in the season.

and

Wasps can confirm that Cameron Anderson, Michael Le Bourgeois, James Gaskell, Rob Miller, Pieter Scholtz, Jeff Toomaga-Allen and Marcus Watson will be leaving the Club at the end of the current season.
A few ex-Tigers in the Dragons released list
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

markharbtiger wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 11:52 pm I have no rumours. I just thought we needed a recent page for this which doesn't include posts nearly two years old... :smt001
I hope this helps but it does not cover our Academy promotions. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_2 ... _transfers

Yes Dragons are clearing out several ex Tigers - Greg Bateman, Jonah Holmes, Joe Maksymiw, Jordan Olowofela non that I believe would fit into our present team.
There is a link to the United Rugby and Top14 transfers too.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

wormus wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:34 pm
markharbtiger wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 11:52 pm I have no rumours. I just thought we needed a recent page for this which doesn't include posts nearly two years old... :smt001
I hope this helps but it does not cover our Academy promotions. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_2 ... _transfers

Yes Dragons are clearing out several ex Tigers - Greg Bateman, Jonah Holmes, Joe Maksymiw, Jordan Olowofela non that I believe would fit into our present team.
I see that other ex-Tigers Seb de Chaves is on the move to Falcons from MLR and Terence Hepetema and Steve Mafi are both off to the other side of the channel. Laurence Pearce and Andy Symons are both retiring while Jonny McPhillips is on the move again
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Shame,I liked a rampaging loose lips when he was at his best!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 7:16 am

I see that other ex-Tigers Seb de Chaves is on the move to Falcons from MLR and Terence Hepetema and Steve Mafi are both off to the other side of the channel. Laurence Pearce and Andy Symons are both retiring while Jonny McPhillips is on the move again
McPhillips is heading off to Provence with Temana Harrison. Peter Betham is in their squad as well.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Richard Barrington of Saracens is heading for France and will play for Agen on ProD2 for two seasons.
Semper in excretia
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

sam16111986 wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 10:08 am
longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 7:16 am

McPhillips is heading off to Provence with Temana Harrison. Peter Betham is in their squad as well.
Provence finished a respectable 7th in ProD2 and seem to be preparing well for next season, but the competition in ProD2 is tough!
Semper in excretia
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Robespierre wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 1:07 pm Richard Barrington of Saracens is heading for France and will play for Agen on ProD2 for two seasons.
2 decent props Sarries are losing
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Benetton leavers
Tomas Baravalle (5 stagioni, 61 presenze, 8 mete)
Tommy Bell (1 stagione, 4 presenze)
Tommaso Benvenuti (10 stagioni, 126 presenze, 18 mete)
Callum Braley (2 stagioni, 24 presenze, 2 mete)
Joey Caputo (1 stagione)
Hame Faiva (5 stagioni, 62 presenze, 23 mete)
Yaree Fantini (1 stagione, 2 presenze)
Irné Herbst (5 stagioni, 78 presenze, 2 mete)
Luca Petrozzi (3 stagioni, 25 presenze)
Luca Sperandio (6 stagioni, 70 presenze, 16 mete)
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Such a shame what injuries have done to Benvenuti's career recently. Such a good player.

Hame Faiva is a decent hooker for someone to sign.

Kyle Cooper also a good hooker on the market.

Given Dolly's very nasty looking injury today, Montoya certainly missing games with Argentina and Vanes progressing well by starting for Notts I wonder if we might see a hooker incoming?
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

ABClub wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 7:38 pm Hame Faiva is a decent hooker for someone to sign.
Worcester I think
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

RagingBull wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 7:29 pm Tommy Bell (1 stagione, 4 presenze)
I make it 10 clubs he's represented now, always thought he was a tidy player, shame he's never managed to nail down a place at one club
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

ABClub wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 7:38 pm Such a shame what injuries have done to Benvenuti's career recently. Such a good player.

Hame Faiva is a decent hooker for someone to sign.

Kyle Cooper also a good hooker on the market.

Given Dolly's very nasty looking injury today, Montoya certainly missing games with Argentina and Vanes progressing well by starting for Notts I wonder if we might see a hooker incoming?
Yes. Hoping that Dolly's injury isn't as bad as it looked...