LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Aled Walters and the Philosopher's Stone

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Aled Walters and the Philosopher's Stone

Post by wigworth »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:51 pm Big Joe hasn't exactly been a parigan of fitness & availability, that would be the big risk with him as much as Watson
True but I personally would rather take the risk with him than Watson.
glenn

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Aled Walters and the Philosopher's Stone

Post by glenn »

To be fair to the aforementioned pair, there are very few bath players who are fully fit through the season. Underhill, falateau but to name two
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Stick with what we've got and work hard to retain Nadolo and persuade Ellis that Bristol's cap excess means they can't afford him and we'd be delighted to chauffer him to his family whenever necessary.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

Somerset live reporting Watson is leaving Bath with Leicester most likely destination

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/sport/ot ... nd-6906624

But like when the Mercury makes articles & statements up here I assume this is pretty certain now
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

DeadlyDunc wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:39 am Somerset live reporting Watson is leaving Bath with Leicester most likely destination

But like when the Mercury makes articles & statements up here I assume this is pretty certain now
Doesn't the Merc just rehash other rumours from elsewhere now?
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

If true, doesn't this mean we're overstocked with back 3 and understaffed in the 2nd row?
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Old Hob wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:50 am If true, doesn't this mean we're overstocked with back 3 and understaffed in the 2nd row?
Not if we lose Nadolo and start using Chessum and Martin as locks
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

RagingBull wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:44 am
DeadlyDunc wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:39 am Somerset live reporting Watson is leaving Bath with Leicester most likely destination

Doesn't the Merc just rehash other rumours from elsewhere now?
If I was Bath I wouldn’t keep him. They have plenty of other options and need a lot of investment in the right five. Bit like us with Jonny May I guess.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Old Hob wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:50 am If true, doesn't this mean we're overstocked with back 3 and understaffed in the 2nd row?
Think the lock situation is pretty healthy tbh Wells, Snyman, Green, Chessum x2 , Martin, Henderson when fit.

Back 3 at present we have Steward, away with England for 3 months, Heagarty, Nadolo , Potter, Ashton, Saumaki, Murimurivalu.Porter and Moroni can both cover there but if we loose Nadolo, Murimurivalu and Moroni start to look a little thin on the ground
CrumblingTerrace
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by CrumblingTerrace »

Anthony Watson's had 2 x Achilles ruptures and an ACL rupture in recent years!?

Crikey, hope the Tigers medical team take a good, long look at him before a contract is signed.
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

CrumblingTerrace wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:17 pm Anthony Watson's had 2 x Achilles ruptures and an ACL rupture in recent years!?

Crikey, hope the Tigers medical team take a good, long look at him before a contract is signed.
Pretty much the worst injuries you can have as a winger.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

You have to assume that the amount we pay is reflected in the risk level associated with signing him. Similarly Bath may have drastically reduced what he was currently on.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Goshengareth

Post by Goshengareth »

Hopefully he’s on pay for play deal. I have little faith in him staying fit. Not thru any lack of effort on his part. His body just doesn’t seem to be able to withstand the demands, which are considerable.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Goshengareth wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:12 pm Hopefully he’s on pay for play deal. I have little faith in him staying fit. Not thru any lack of effort on his part. His body just doesn’t seem to be able to withstand the demands, which are considerable.
A 28 year old England and Lions international on a pay for play deal? I.e. he gets zero pay if he's not in the 23 at the weekend?
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/spor ... rs-6906801

Ashton wanting to stay next season - no brainier for all parties surely?