Gloucester (Home) - Saturday 26th February 2022 - KO 3-00pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Re: Gloucester (Home) - Saturday 26th February 2022 - KO 3-00pm

Post by Old Hob »

Agree with the above and would add that the return of Freddie Steward will be possibly the most significant addition to our team (with apologies to Ellis, George and Ben)
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Old Hob wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:40 pm Agree with the above and would add that the return of Freddie Steward will be possibly the most significant addition to our team (with apologies to Ellis, George and Ben)
I do agree with this I think sometimes because his taking of the high ball is so superb the other aspects of his game go unnoticed. His positional sense is fantastic, see Saturdays game for an example of how far he can kick the ball and his tackling, and it is very seldom that he doesn’t break the first tackle or get over the gain line
DMATiger

Post by DMATiger »

Amazing performances from majority of the players. Especially Montoya, Wells, Martin, Wiese, Burns and Kelly
For next week would potentially start Van Wyk, made a good impact, and bring in Moroni if fit
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

I remember the past couple of weeks Wells was labelled as a liability or penalty magnet, which maybe he was the latter, but to put in the shift he did last week, with the physicality, line speed intensity etc and not give away a penalty was a top-class effort.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Great win by the lads. :smt038

Next up, those nasty Sarries! Knock 'em over lads. :smt023
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

DMATiger wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:11 pm Amazing performances from majority of the players. Especially Montoya, Wells, Martin, Wiese, Burns and Kelly
For next week would potentially start Van Wyk, made a good impact, and bring in Moroni if fit
Van Wyk was limping very badly after the game, I doubt he will be fit.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

If Cole is back then Lady Gaga would likely be the bench loose head.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Some sour grapes on shedweb…in the main saying we were just better, others blaming the officials and calling out mythical “foul play”. Some people just can’t accept defeat. Oh well.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

westwinds31 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:12 pm Some sour grapes on shedweb…in the main saying we were just better, others blaming the officials and calling out mythical “foul play”. Some people just can’t accept defeat. Oh well.
From what I've seen the two main things are the tackle by Nadolo around the scruff of Thorley's neck for their first try and then Porter's hand off using his elbow when he crossed for his try
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:19 pm
westwinds31 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:12 pm Some sour grapes on shedweb…in the main saying we were just better, others blaming the officials and calling out mythical “foul play”. Some people just can’t accept defeat. Oh well.
From what I've seen the two main things are the tackle by Nadolo around the scruff of Thorley's neck for their first try and then Porter's hand off using his elbow when he crossed for his try
Nothing in the hand off by Porter.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I've had a read through,that Porter hand off/elbow accusation is ludicrous! And as for Thorley,I still believe his try was a double movement anyway
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:51 pm I've had a read through,that Porter hand off/elbow accusation is ludicrous! And as for Thorley,I still believe his try was a double movement anyway
I don't think it was a double movement by today's standards. You can fall on your knees with the ball, and then place it. That said, it was behind his back, maybe after a roll..

Nadolo grabbed his shirt, not his neck, therefore I don't think this can be seen as a high tackle.
TigerReggie

Post by TigerReggie »

I spent the game on the terrace next to some very nice and very entertaining Glouc fans and they seemed to have no real complaints about any decisions. 🤷
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

No different than what get written on here from time to time then? Having just watched the game replay on PremRugby.tv the Tigers could not have played the game any better against a top Glaws side that has a similar 'dog' about them. The second half pressure was the Glaws undoing, it was a 23 man effort. Going to need the same but better against Sarries.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat