Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: SALE (A) - Sunday 30th January 2022 - 3-00pm

Post by sapajo »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:13 pm
sapajo wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:09 pm Do all new players undergo a pre signing medical in professional rugby as they do in premiership football?
I would think so the medical is for insurance reasons so a pre existing condition wouldn't necessarily be a disqualifier
Thanks I guess Tigers must have known about his leg condition issues when we re signed him.

Clearly we must have factored that into his salary and his likely availability? .
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

On Kini. If fit then absolutely should have been picked. Versatility, experience, power and class. Given the 23 selected I'd presume Kini and Moroni are unavailable though.
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

sapajo wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:18 pm
sapajo wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:09 pm Do all new players undergo a pre signing medical in professional rugby as they do in premiership football?
I would think so the medical is for insurance reasons so a pre existing condition wouldn't necessarily be a disqualifier
Thanks I guess Tigers must have known about his leg condition issues when we re signed him.

Clearly we must have factored that into his salary and his likely availability? .
It's affected Freddie since he was 19 so Tigers will definitely have known when he was here previously. That article is from before he re-joined Tigers as well so would be pretty astounded if we hadn't known it was still an issue!
Nofrontteeth
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nofrontteeth »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:16 pm
I expect this was known about and considered managable by our medical staff.
I'd be surprised (if not worried) that we didn't have medical awareness of Freddies syndrome. After all this is his 2nd spell with the club.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Maybe this could be behind the Gopperth signing rumours 🤔
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

sapajo wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:30 pm Maybe this could be behind the Gopperth signing rumours 🤔
I think there are parallels with Wigglesworth there in that I think the answer with Gopperth is the simplest and most brutal, he's a better player.

Similar with Wigglesworth coming in and White going out. I liked White, gave his all, put his head where it hurts in defense, had to play in some really poor sides, seems a natural leader, delighted he's got a Scotland call, etc. Wigglesworth is simply a better scrum-half who made the squad stronger though.

It's brutal and there are other, smaller factors to consider but in professional rugby being better at rugby goes a long way.
Last edited by ABClub on Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:59 pm https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/sport/ot ... me-2759140

Just seen this article shared on Twitter, maybe explaining Burns coming off?
Seems familiar
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

Burns issue has been spoken about on here before.
I knew about it and I wasn’t even following rugby closely during his first stint with us, Tigers absolutely knew about it.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

If this was known about it makes the JVP / Burns swap even more baffling! To me anyway.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Louis

Post by Louis »

1) Enya was a bit rough today, has been a banana skin for Tigers a couple of times. I'm not a fan of a happy Sanderson (purely in rugby terms, of course).

2) Imagine being so good as a player that even that horrible condition that Freddie has doesn't stop you. That speaks well about the man's resilience, persistence and ability.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Comments getting deleted about JVP at 15 instead of using Potter? Or leaving Hegarty there and using Socino at FH? Why???? It's a perfectly valid criticism! Is this what it's coming to now?!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

I think the mods may be hacked off with some of the language.

But the fact remains.......and I've just wound it back and had a look.......Freddie did let the odd cuss word slip on his way off.

What that was about, I don’t know, but the fact remains and that does not deserve deletion.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Big Dai wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:51 pm I think the mods may be hacked off with some of the language.

But the fact remains.......and I've just wound it back and had a look.......Freddie did let the odd cuss word slip on his way off.

What that was about, I don’t know, but the fact remains and that does not deserve deletion.
To me it’s as simple as he was enjoying running the show, knew he couldn’t carry on and wasn’t happy about it in general, hence the expletives. And to think I saw some comments that Borthwick was lying !!?
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZXp9V7rjEE ... =copy_link

If Borthwick was lying then Burns has come out backing him up...

Or Borthwick was right when he said he came off injured....
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

westwinds31 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:24 pm
Big Dai wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:51 pm I think the mods may be hacked off with some of the language.

To me it’s as simple as he was enjoying running the show, knew he couldn’t carry on and wasn’t happy about it in general, hence the expletives. And to think I saw some comments that Borthwick was lying !!?
That'll do for me........But if it was known about it makes the selections a bit...........strange.

Onwards and upwards......KTF!