New Salary Cap Breach?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: New Salary Cap Breach?

Post by Cardiff Tig »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:56 pm If we are guilty we should be punished but it shouldn't impact the current league placing.
Not sure I follow here. We can get a points deduction this season for past offences.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

I suspect a few squeaky bums at other clubs right now.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

At least no matter what punishment we're given, we're still likely to finish above Bath :smt003
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

This is the very reason I’ve never wanted to call Sarries as the “ image rights” has always been tricky.
Typical of the RFU to try to pin things on us when we are doing so well.
Time will tell. Hope there are no serious breeches!
shedhead1

Post by shedhead1 »

jgriffin wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:22 pm I suspect a few squeaky bums at other clubs right now.
Shedhead 1 here:

Not at here at Kingsholm I'm afraid JG but I would put the league table of squeakiest at:

The Tigers ( I hope not as 3 of my rugby friends are Tigger's supporters)
The Queens

Then followed by The Waspies although I understand Stephen V involvement has helped here.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

shedhead1 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:38 pm
jgriffin wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:22 pm I suspect a few squeaky bums at other clubs right now.
Shedhead 1 here:

Not at here at Kingsholm I'm afraid JG but I would put the league table of squeakiest at:

The Queens

Then followed by The Waspies although I understand Stephen V involvement has helped here.
Regarding image rights bonuses I doubt any club would not fall foul of this sort of indiscretion. I can imagine Quins, Sale and Bristol would be top of my list to be investigated regarding salary cap. Imagine if Tigers are penalized many other clubs will end up in a similar situation. As I said earlier, It’s been on going , this is nothing new . All star players have it their contracts.
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

What you don't think Gloucester might have potentially tried something when you signed Cipriani, Mostert, Grobler, Marais, Dryer, Kriel, Ackermann, VPR, Owen Williams, Woodward, Hansen in the span of roughly a year.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Shedhead 1 here:

The Queens

Because it's historic I suspect, depending on the outcome, there will be further investigations. There may be other 'complainants', and these could relate to any club.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Shedhead 1 here:

The Queens

The trouble with this stuff is that the fans/supporters never know. The big give away should be a star studded lineup and success, i.e. Sarries. Clearly, that wasn't Tigers at any point in recent years! You just don't know.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Whatever the outcome, the club will have to take its punishment if there is one.
If the breach is serious but done by a previous administration then I would continue to pay my season ticket and continue to support the club in whatever way I could, most definitely vocally from the terrace, even if that meant supporting them in the Championship.
However if the breach was deliberate and serious and with the knowledge of anyone currently at the club I would be unwilling to support them until that person or those persons were removed.. and that includes the current Chairman.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Let’s hope it’s not serious,or our reputation is trashed! Especially after Sarries indiscretions. We have to expect the same grief that they have had,after all most on here (including myself) have been constantly rubbing it in. Let’s see what happens
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Scott1 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:08 pm Let’s hope it’s not serious,or our reputation is trashed! Especially after Sarries indiscretions. We have to expect the same grief that they have had,after all most on here (including myself) have been constantly rubbing it in. Let’s see what happens
Thing is though, if it is true, then I would expect other clubs to be guilty as well. Plenty of others with high profile players.....?
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

This fellow Fissler......seems very outspoken against us...Does he have any bias, any leaning towards any team.....in particular......that might be a rival?
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Funny enough the people who potentially broke the salary cap prob helped him most get a career out of rugby rumours with the amount leaked to him.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Scott1 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:08 pm Let’s hope it’s not serious,or our reputation is trashed! Especially after Sarries indiscretions. We have to expect the same grief that they have had,after all most on here (including myself) have been constantly rubbing it in. Let’s see what happens
Salarycens and Lie-cester Tigers.. I can see it now! Tabloids with have a field day and I bet most clubs are hoping we are found guilty to de-rail our current success but whether guilty or not what we have to remember is it’s nothing to do with the current set up. What SB has built will still be there and (assuming no hefty fines are imposed) and hopefully whatever happens won’t change the fact this current coaching setup and group of players are performing exceptionally well
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!