Montpellier’s Form - Challenge Cup Final chat

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Re: Montpellier’s Form - Challenge Cup Final chat

Post by Robespierre »

LE18 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 7:34 pm We can certainly expect a box kicking first half with Wiggy starting, I hope he is quick enough to get the ball away! Not my choice but hey ho.
Nor mine, but we must trust in Borther’s judgement! Their pack looks strong, but so does ours, and this is where the game will be won and lost!
Semper in excretia
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Robespierre wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 7:37 pm
LE18 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 7:34 pm We can certainly expect a box kicking first half with Wiggy starting, I hope he is quick enough to get the ball away! Not my choice but hey ho.
Nor mine, but we must trust in Borther’s judgement! Their pack looks strong, but so does ours, and this is where the game will be won and lost!
Inviting pressure on to us with no Reffell to contest the breakdown makes me nervous. Borthwick's tactics have made us far more competitive this season so got to back the big man.

Plenty of impact on our bench, just got to keep the game close for the first half and force their big pack to work hard so that when we release the impact players we can take control of the game.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

sam16111986 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 7:53 pm
Inviting pressure on to us with no Reffell to contest the breakdown makes me nervous. Borthwick's tactics have made us far more competitive this season so got to back the big man.

Plenty of impact on our bench, just got to keep the game close for the first half and force their big pack to work hard so that when we release the impact players we can take control of the game.
Think I may need a bottle of Calvados within reach to calm the nerves and then to celebrate the win!!!
Semper in excretia
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

tigerburnie wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 4:05 pm I agree with Borth's we are massive underdogs for this game
He's not being honest. For obvious reasons but nevertheless...

This is a very evenly matched final.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

We are the underdogs but not by much. The biggest key to this is discipline. Give away silly penalties and that scoreboard will just keep ticking up in 3s... need to keep our discipline and I think we have a very good chance of winning this. Agree with the comments about the selection. Think it is still a very strong squad and while many of us might have chosen Youngs and JvP and perhaps Scott, started Reffell.. maybe Lavanini.. we have been here before.. questioning the selection only for the lads to get the job done.. I haven't been impressed by Wiggo recently but he's a big match player so it's time to step up.. he has the experience that's for sure so time to repay the faith SB has showed in him. Expecting a similar match to Ulster to be honest.. hope it's a similar result too! :smt002
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Robespierre wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 8:24 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 7:53 pm

Think I may need a bottle of Calvados within reach to calm the nerves and then to celebrate the win!!!
Currently in a camper van in Orkney, and I have something very similar with me for just such an occasion. Actually a very good Brittany version, a personal favourite. My biggest problem is how to see the game, virtually no phone signal but had a tip off that there may be a bar nearby that may have it on. 🤞🏻
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Well..... Going up to God's own country to watch the final with the old man. Mr Big Dai Senior!

Posh Richard will join us, virtually, as is normal for such occaisions.

Whatever the result it's going to be a good night.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Excitement is building!
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Wigglesworth for me is all about experience, there’s some old heads in that Montpellier team too with the likes of Bismarck du Plessis. COYT you got this!!

I hope everyone fortunate enough to attend enjoys the game and makes 10,000 fans seem like 60,000.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

Woke up early this morning with two thoughts in my head:
1) I need a wee
2) It is final day
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

We can only play what’s in front of us with what we’ve got
It’s another game
We determine what happens next
I believe in us
We can do this
Let’s get down there and get behind the lads
I’m on my way ✊
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Whilst I am a great fan of Reffell, Brink brings a bit more physicality so I agree with him starting and Reffell coming on when there are some tired legs and he can hopefully win some turnovers/penalties.

Wiggs starting is again a difficult one but again I believe the thinking is to increase the pace of the game in the final 30 against a tiring defence. JVP whilst exciting probably lacks the experience for this on when there are other options available. His time will come.

It looks like being a cold, wet and windy night which I think will suit us more than Monpellier. We do have a decent chance of winning this. :smt026 :smt026 :smt026
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Believe there will be plenty of kicking employed by both sides and conditions could well be decisive in the outcome.We are in the final on merit and stand every chance.Best wishes and best of luck Leicester.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

Tigers shirt on. Just about to head down to the big smoke. Excitement building. It’s finals day. :smt026 :smt026 :smt026

COYT :smt023
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Wish I was joining you. Give them an extra shout from me. :smt041 :smt041 :smt041
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!