Not Long To Wait , But Who Would You Prefer In The Challenge Cup Final ?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Not Long To Wait , But Who Would You Prefer In The Challenge Cup Final ?

Post by kk20gb30 »

Personally , Bath ....
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Not Long To Wait , But Who Would You Prefer In The Challenge Cup Final ?

Post by Scott1 »

Montpellier, just in case we lost. Easier to take
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

Either, as long as Tigers fans snap up all 10000 tickets today to make it a home tie!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Montpellier.

They are 12th in the Top 14 and French sides are occasionally prone to not travelling well. Bath could likely have Cipriani or Priestland available for the final and will be a much tougher match imho. If we play like we did in the second half though if fancy our chances against either.

Might have Montoya back by then too.. need to keep the bulk of yesterday’s players fit though.
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Don't envy Borths if Montoya is fit. How the heck do you drop Clare?! There's gonna be some tough decisions to be made all round
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Scott1 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 12:11 pm Don't envy Borths if Montoya is fit. How the heck do you drop Clare?! There's gonna be some tough decisions to be made all round
Answer: You drop Youngs! Thank me later :smt044
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

fentiger wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 12:13 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 12:11 pm Don't envy Borths if Montoya is fit. How the heck do you drop Clare?! There's gonna be some tough decisions to be made all round
I would too mate
rugbym4dmike
Tiger Cub

Post by rugbym4dmike »

I think Clare has climbed above Youngs now, just depends on how fit Montoyer will be come the final.
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

Clare came on looking very confident and delivered. He has really developed. Heyes tried to carry like Genge too. Not as successfully but it kept Ulster on the back foot and the ruck delivery speeded up well. Young’s and Cole are great players but the pace of the game did seem to be a bit above theirs in the first half. Need to keep their input though.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Montpellier for me playing in Europe is special because it's against teams we wouldn't normally play.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

On Youngs and Cole I do reckon Heyes will be considered the starter more next season. But how lucky are we to potentially have players with 211+ tigers caps and 257+ tigers caps as depth.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

If Montpellier were in the final, that would be to our advantage in terms of fans as apart from neutrals and maybe some expats the majority of the 10,000 would be Tigers supporters. I also agree with RB, having Montpellier in the final would have more of a European feel to the fixture.

They might be 12th, but I think they have hit some form lately and by no means we should underestimate them.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

JP14 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 1:22 pm If Montpellier were in the final, that would be to our advantage in terms of fans as apart from neutrals and maybe some expats the majority of the 10,000 would be Tigers supporters. I also agree with RB, having Montpellier in the final would have more of a European feel to the fixture.

They might be 12th, but I think they have hit some form lately and by no means we should underestimate them.
They've got some top players still too
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Montpellier, for sure!! We play Bath at least twice a season and that’s enough !!
Semper in excretia
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

fentiger wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 12:13 pm
Agreed
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!