Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: EUROPEAN SEMI FINALS

Post by Dokie »

Scott1 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 6:21 pm
Dokie wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 6:14 pm
Robespierre wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 4:55 pm:smt041
You got your wish. I hope it’s a better game than the previous all French finals. The style of both teams would suggest so.
La Rochelle to win for me.

Ps. Skelton is twice the player he was for Sarries.
Have to credit Sarries with getting him in shape though,they did wonders with him and he’s just carried on his form imo. He was very good at Sarries too
He used to move slower than that ship in the Suez Canal
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Dokie wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 6:38 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 6:21 pm
You got your wish. I hope it’s a better game than the previous all French finals. The style of both teams would suggest so.

Have to credit Sarries with getting him in shape though,they did wonders with him and he’s just carried on his form imo. He was very good at Sarries too
He used to move slower than that ship in the Suez Canal
Did when he first got there but his transformation was incredible there,the fans were devastated when he left. Credit to Sarries like I said ,made him the player he is now
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Robespierre wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 4:55 pm:smt041

La Rochelle will be hard to beat in the form they showed today, but Toulouse could, if they’re on top form. It has the makings of a grand final, but how many times has that been said only for it to be disappointing? What is good is that there’s a new club at this level, whose priority is their national championship, ie the Top14, whereas Leinster’s priority over the years has been Europe. So all in all, this weekend’s results have been very satisfactory!
Semper in excretia
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

As a reference he lost 21kg while at Sarries and won 2 prem titles and a European cup.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

Scott1 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 6:43 pm As a reference he lost 21kg while at Sarries and won 2 prem titles and a European cup.
Wish I could lose half that.
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

Dokie wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 6:52 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 6:43 pm As a reference he lost 21kg while at Sarries and won 2 prem titles and a European cup.
Wish I could win half that.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Dokie wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 6:52 pm
Be nice if I could gain that, won’t be saying that though in 20 years time I can assure you :smt003.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Great to see a bit of fresh blood in the final, would much rather see Toulouse have got their 5th star than Leinster.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I was worried that when Skelton left Sarries for France he would put the weight back on but he seems to have been very self-disciplined and it’s paying off for him and La Rochelle... well done fella.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

JP14 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:37 pm I was worried that when Skelton left Sarries for France he would put the weight back on but he seems to have been very self-disciplined and it’s paying off for him and La Rochelle... well done fella.
Agreed, its been great to see him live up to the potential everybody knew he had when he first burst onto the scene
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Thought Leinster were poor today... which delighted me.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Just watched the highlights again.. just to enjoy the epic comeback winning the second half 27-7!

One thing that frustrates me more than anything else in that first half was Youngs yellow card.. it’s hard to see if he’s offside or not, again it’s hard to see if the first time he grabs Burns arm the ball had been lifted but the second time he’s clearly on the floor and just blatantly giving away a penalty right in front of the referee.. it’s so stupid, so obvious and so costly (14 points).

He has given his all to this club and has faced many tough times at home but this seems to be becoming more common occurrence. Giving away silly penalties or flying into rucks. Montoya will be first choice next season but I think for me Clare is in the backup Hooker spot now.

That yellow card is exactly the sort of stupid ill discipline we need to cut out if we are going to become a regular contender in the top 4 once again. Just imho of course but these cards are costing us and it’s getting frustrating. We have the second worst disciplinary record in the Premiership and that’s not a place we can afford to be!
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

fentiger wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:29 pm
Ian Cant wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:27 pm And scored the winning try v Irish in the Premiership Final. Rarely let us down in defence.
Kicked a mean penalty too... :smt023
12 years ago today! :smt023
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I watched our semi-final against Ulster and thought that Cooney getting injured was a big turning point.
The fella was playing out of his skin in my opinion, it was one of those performances that you see every once in a while and can only WOW at.
Great comeback from Tigers though to take advantage and the win.
Shows how important the 23 can be these days.
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

BFG wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:47 am I watched our semi-final against Ulster and thought that Cooney getting injured was a big turning point.
The fella was playing out of his skin in my opinion, it was one of those performances that you see every once in a while and can only WOW at.
Great comeback from Tigers though to take advantage and the win.
Shows how important the 23 can be these days.
You’re right, he was having a Faf type game. We may have got lucky there but he was playing behind the dominant pack at the time.