European Challenge Cup - Tigers vs Connacht Sat 03 Apr 21 at 2000

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: European Challenge Cup - Tigers vs Connacht Sat 03 Apr 21 at 2000

Post by RagingBull »

Well I guess they could try and get charging in the ruck which would be minimum of 2 weeks
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

RagingBull wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:13 am Well I guess they could try and get charging in the ruck which would be minimum of 2 weeks
Are they also going to seek clarification the potential red cards they could have picked up for head contact with Steward, Reffell and Potter? I hope so.. if they want it to be fair and equal! :smt018

*I'm not saying Steward was a red card, yellow for me but if they want to go down that route....
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

RagingBull wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:13 am Well I guess they could try and get charging in the ruck which would be minimum of 2 weeks
Does the citing have to be made within 24 hours in which case the club at least will know today, but maybe hearing later in the week
As Good As It Gets
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

If Newcastle/Deano do push for a citing that would change my feelings for him for good! Poor show if he does!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

The ref and TMO both agreed that there was no foul play, it was a technical offence of entering the ruck from the side. Hence, I can't see how this can result in a citing.

Deano was upset at both the match result and the injury but he needs to get over himself in these situations where he has previous form. :smt009
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:30 am
Are they also going to seek clarification the potential red cards they could have picked up for head contact with Steward, Reffell and Potter? I hope so.. if they want it to be fair and equal! :smt018

*I'm not saying Steward was a red card, yellow for me but if they want to go down that route....
+1
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I guess worse case if Wiese does get 2 weeks you would go with
6. Martin
7. Reffell
8. Liebenberg

with chessum or Wallace bench
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

This is Deano's comment after the Carreras 9 week ban for the 'deliberate' eye contact in the Wasps game:

There was no intention to hurt anybody. He said he wanted to annoy the guy on the floor, which was Bassett, and that was it. Sadly, a finger caught an eye and big deals have been made of it by Austin Healey, but I've seen Austin do a lot worse than that in the past.

It seems it is never their fault and the world and his dog have got it in for the Falcons. Why he can't just man up on these matters is beyond me and I am increasingly loosing respect for a man I have held in high regard for more years than I care to mention. :smt009
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Noggs wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:40 pm This is Deano's comment after the Carreras 9 week ban for the 'deliberate' eye contact in the Wasps game:

There was no intention to hurt anybody. He said he wanted to annoy the guy on the floor, which was Bassett, and that was it. Sadly, a finger caught an eye and big deals have been made of it by Austin Healey, but I've seen Austin do a lot worse than that in the past.

It seems it is never their fault and the world and his dog have got it in for the Falcons. Why he can't just man up on these matters is beyond me and I am increasingly loosing respect for a man I have held in high regard for more years than I care to mention. :smt009
He can do no wrong for me, when I started playing it was socks down, shirt out for me...he was treated like dirt by Tigers, took all the flack for bloodgate when I am pretty sure it wasn't just him, he is quite right to point out the hipprocracy of former players who act as pundits.
He is protecting his players, that's part of his job.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Personally, I think Deano should focus on getting the Falcons' act together rather than whinging at officials.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

“He can do wrong for me” 😂Did you hear about bloodgate. Deano is a whiner who doesn’t see anything his own team does wrong. He was not treated badly by Tigers as he thought he was bigger than the club so they parted because he could not get his own way.
A2O
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:56 pm
Noggs wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:40 pm This is Deano's comment after the Carreras 9 week ban for the 'deliberate' eye contact in the Wasps game:

He can do no wrong for me, when I started playing it was socks down, shirt out for me...he was treated like dirt by Tigers, took all the flack for bloodgate when I am pretty sure it wasn't just him, he is quite right to point out the hipprocracy of former players who act as pundits.
How can you defend him protecting one of his players eye gouging and then in the same breath have sympathy when he whinges when decisions go against them! I can only imagine what he would have said if it was Bassett who made contact with Carreras’ eye and was allowed to stay on the field.. we wouldn’t hear the end of it!
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

But the press aren't talking about how poor the results have been for Falcons though....its classic don't look here, look over there! I can think of a rather higher profile version going on, non sport related at present.

I think we all know what the behind doors stuff will of been at Falcons.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:56 pm But the press aren't talking about how poor the results have been for Falcons though....its classic don't look here, look over there! I can think of a rather higher profile version going on, non sport related at present.

I think we all know what the behind doors stuff will of been at Falcons.
Fair point
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:56 pm

I did admire Richards, but no longer.

However he did not 'take all the flack for floodgate'.

Richards had a world-wide ban for three years. Club physiotherapist Brennan a two year professional ban. Wendy Chapman was suspended by GMC prior to disciplinary hearings, found guilty of conduct likely to bring the profession. Tom Williams the player who was instructed by his employer to take the capsule was banned for twelve months reduced to four. The Club Chairman resignation. The club a £260,000 fine.

Brennan, Chapman and Williams admitting having been instructed by Richard’s to falsify evidence once the investigation started. As with so many 'gates'. It wasn't the capsule that was the major problem, it was the cover up and that is why the ban on Richards was so severe. He was the organising influence. That's not my opinion. He admitted it.

Head Coach John Kingston, would not countenance the use of the blood capsule or the cover up, and continued in role.

Sadly, Richard's behaviour is self-referential and simply serves to support the decision of the Tigers Board to dismiss him all those years ago. Although it pains me to say it, because as a supporter I loved to watch him.