Saracens - cheaters!

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Saracens - cheaters!

Post by Smudge »

Lockdown blues. I have just watched the last 15 minutes of the Premiership final in 2011 between Tigers and Cheaters which brought back some exciting memories. As a sport I can deal with loseing as you have to have lost to really appreciate winning.
We all said "well played" to the opposition supporters at the time and there's no doubt, they battled like blazes to stop a try.
Looking back though, I remember my pal saying how good and deep was their squad, to which I concurred. We were amazed that they had come from a position of "also rans" to champions and in no time.
With all the subsequent revelations and their demotion, I am wandering if it went back that far? Were they cheating in 2011?
I now strongly suspect they were but does anyone actually know how far back they were investigated?
Keep well all.
A life long Tiger
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Saracens - cheaters!

Post by BigDan50 »

🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Regardless of if they were cheating back then, the assumption is that they were & that they will be when they return, past events mean everyone is suspicious of any successful cyclist or sprinter in Athletics.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

I sorry, this is now getting boring / pathetic, take your pick. Do we really need another thread like this? It has been discussed ad nauseam and yes, we know there are certain posters on this forum that just simply cannot move on from it. They cheated. They have been punished. Move on.