Tigers on Loan Watch

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Tigers on Loan Watch

Post by iceman_19 »

In fairness he is not the first or the last to let Aumua go through him. He's like a bull.

I think Jordan has done really well over there. His step, acceleration and offload for a try last week was right out of the top drawer.

Also George W had a decent hit out for the Rebels. Again, some nice work in tight spaces in attack, with a few decent offloads too.
Tigers till I die

www.ruckedover.blogspot.com
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Final Championship round Tigers involved
All games tomorrow
Nottingham v Doncaster @4:30
11 Joe Browning
13 David Williams

Coventry v Richmond @ 2PM
11 Sam Aspland-Robinson
19 Sam Lewis

Ampthill v Bedford @ 2PM
21 Jonny Law
tjs10inOz

Post by tjs10inOz »

SthrnTiger wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 10:22 amIn the highlights I’ve seen Olowofela has looked good in attack and we do need some more pace in our backline, will be interesting to see if he features in Borthwicks plans.
If Borthwick doesn't find a place for him there will always be a space on the wing in Perth if he likes!

Seriously, he exceeded all of my expectations of him and he's become a bit of a cult hero here in WA already in his short time with Western Force.

He is, and always will be, Force number 213.
Formerly tjs10 but forgot my login info!
Now living in Western Australia and working in Hockey but still watching rugby whenever i can!
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

RagingBull wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:00 pm Final Championship round Tigers involved
All games tomorrow
11 Joe Browning
13 David Williams

11 Sam Aspland-Robinson
19 Sam Lewis

Ampthill v Bedford @ 2PM
21 Jonny Law
I watched the Notts game today. David Williams, at 13, had a very strong game. Scored two tries. On the first, he rounded the full back with the sort of pace we’ve been crying out for. The second was a typical ‘Ashton’ type try, tracking the play and picking the right moment to take a short ball from the 9.
Could he be the pacy right wing we’re looking for to replace the hopefully departing Van Wyk.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Dokie wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 9:11 pm
RagingBull wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:00 pm Final Championship round Tigers involved
All games tomorrow
11 Joe Browning
13 David Williams

11 Sam Aspland-Robinson
19 Sam Lewis

Ampthill v Bedford @ 2PM
21 Jonny Law
I watched the Notts game today. David Williams, at 13, had a very strong game. Scored two tries. On the first, he rounded the full back with the sort of pace we’ve been crying out for. The second was a typical ‘Ashton’ type try, tracking the play and picking the right moment to take a short ball from the 9.
Could he be the pacy right wing we’re looking for to replace the hopefully departing Van Wyk.
I'm convinced at this point it doesn't matter who is in the backline until we have a proper attack coach
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I agree with KPJ. Problem is, will there by an attack coach who can work with Borthwick’s style?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Also difference between Championship and Premiership.

It’s not like Williams has done much in the premiership games he has played either.
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

I think Williams, particularly considering his age, has shown more the Van Eryk in the games he has had for Tigers. He may have less room at Premiership level but his speed should not be decreased :smt017
If Tigers can get a group of young relatively home grown players as the core of a future squad I think it will be a better foundation than 2 year flips of similar standard players on paper.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Interesting that Rowntree started at Loosehead for Loughborough only game of the season v Esher on the weekend.

Wonder if he was switched sides or is just playing both?
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

RagingBull wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:22 pm Interesting that Rowntree started at Loosehead for Loughborough only game of the season v Esher on the weekend.

Could just be a case of playing both sides, as far as I know when we was converted to prop by the Tigers he played at loosehead first but I could be wrong.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

JP14 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:16 am
RagingBull wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:22 pm Interesting that Rowntree started at Loosehead for Loughborough only game of the season v Esher on the weekend.

Could just be a case of playing both sides, as far as I know when we was converted to prop by the Tigers he played at loosehead first but I could be wrong.
His Dad played the odd game on the other side of the scrum.
To win is not as important as playing with style!