Tigers vs Brive

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers vs Brive

Post by Big Dai »

JP14 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:56 am Let's hope it's not a repeat fixture of the last time we played Brive, this was way before my time but weren't we massive favourites going into the '97 final?
Yes. A point not lost on Madame Carbanneau when I met the supporting entourage in the Tav Bav in Toulouse the day after.

I remember Kazala.... Crawling all over Johnno and Monsieur Travers who's been seen lurking on touchline recently.

She was complimentary about our support though. Couldn't be anything else after such a win....... Pace. Tigers out done by pace. Mr Carrat!?
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Big Dai wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:16 pm
JP14 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:56 am Let's hope it's not a repeat fixture of the last time we played Brive, this was way before my time but weren't we massive favourites going into the '97 final?
Yes. A point not lost on Madame Carbanneau when I met the supporting entourage in the Tav Bav in Toulouse the day after.

I remember Kazala.... Crawling all over Johnno and Monsieur Travers who's been seen lurking on touchline recently.

She was complimentary about our support though. Couldn't be anything else after such a win....... Pace. Tigers out done by pace. Mr Carrat!?
Jasper?
Semper in excretia
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Would like to see Bonilla start with White at 9, Taute & Porter in the centre, our Fijians on the wings with Steward at 15.
Up front a bit of rotation maybe, depends who us actually fit & healthy. Loose head could be tricky unless DuBruin is ready to go.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

I'm feeling stangely upbeat with this one. :smt017
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Robespierre wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:33 pm

Jasper?
Sebastian, I think. Ran like the :censored: wind.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Big Dai wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:07 pm

Jasper?
He probably doesn't know who Jasper Carrott is. :smt052
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Jasper?
Yes, Sébastien “24” Carrat was rapid!
Semper in excretia
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:43 pm Would like to see Bonilla start with White at 9, Taute & Porter in the centre, our Fijians on the wings with Steward at 15.
Up front a bit of rotation maybe, depends who us actually fit & healthy. Loose head could be tricky unless DuBruin is ready to go.
Might be a chance we'll see Moroni for the first time.
I'm guessing the England players might have arrived back late this week, so may not start. So I'd go for the above but with Scott and Moroni, with Porter on the bench.
Super User
Super User

The Mercury article seems to suggest we can choose the 2 week England player break, these two games might be best for us overall.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:43 pm Would like to see Bonilla start with White at 9, Taute & Porter in the centre, our Fijians on the wings with Steward at 15.
Believe it would be good for Bonilla to start - different proposition from coming on and having to force the game or orchestrate a retrieval mission.Both The Club and player could benefit.....
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

kk20gb30 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:54 am
Believe it would be good for Bonilla to start - different proposition from coming on and having to force the game or orchestrate a retrieval mission.Both The Club and player could benefit.....
Was I dreaming or were we supposed to be getting another Argentinian back coming in?
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Robespierre wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:07 am
Tigers were favourites, although maybe not massive favourites, and were well beaten by a more than lively Brive team.
That day rests in my memory, albeit a bit vague, having gone to Cardiff on a chartered train packed with Tigers supporters and no shortage of beer. I believe we took the train to come home, but that part of the memory seems to have been erased!!
I went to Cardiff for this game. We were easily outplayed on the day. Dreadful experience. :smt022
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

LE18 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:33 pm

Jasper?
Oh ye of little faith! I know the man who halted drivers in Jersey by offering them fish and chips, had a unique style of mole hunting and rode a funky moped! (Real interest, Majic Roundabout on the B side.)
Super User
Super User

kk20gb30 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:54 am
Bonilla doesn't look like the type of 10 to change a game, he looks like a closer (he looked really good when he came on against Glaws) or a steady 10 who will move the team around the pitch, give him a start & say go run this team.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Big Dai wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:23 pm
LE18 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:33 pm

Oh ye of little faith! I know the man who halted drivers in Jersey by offering them fish and chips, had a unique style of mole hunting and rode a funky moped! (Real interest, Majic Roundabout on the B side.)
je ne comprende pas :smt017 :smt017 :smt017