Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Re: Transfers & Rumours Non-Tigers 2020-21

Post by kk20gb30 »

Johann Van Graan to leave Munster at the end of this season :

https://www.irishrugby.ie/2021/12/14/mu ... of-season/

Time for Stuart Hooper at Bath to start worrying ?

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/sport/ot ... ed-6346647
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

kk20gb30 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:53 pm Johann Van Graan to leave Munster at the end of this season :

https://www.irishrugby.ie/2021/12/14/mu ... of-season/

Time for Stuart Hooper at Bath to start worrying ?

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/sport/ot ... ed-6346647
van Graan will take over at Bath in the summer
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

De Allende and RG Snyman rumoured to be leaving Munster end of season.
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

RagingBull wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:16 pm De Allende and RG Snyman rumoured to be leaving Munster end of season.
Defence coach JP Ferreira might be following van Graan to Bath if rumours are to be believed. With Larkham heading to the Brumbies that would leave Wig as the only senior coach left standing.

Interesting that Snyman and de Allende not being renewed is rumoured to have affected van Graan's departure. Apparently van Graan wanted to re-sign Snyman but the '1014 group' of private investors that bankrolled his signing didn't want to back it due to Snyman's ACL ruptures.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I'd take both of them! De Allende is probably the world's best 12 at present
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

IDK about RG anymore.
a year ago rip your hand off but it's a big gamble on a player who has had both knees go.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

RagingBull wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:27 pm IDK about RG anymore.
a year ago rip your hand off but it's a big gamble on a player who has had both knees go.
Plus no one would invite him over for summer BBQ 😭
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Would personally still be unsure about the long term future of Stuart Hooper and the present coaching team.Johann van Graan is no shrinking violet , has his own ideas and methods and may not be too interested in being 'directed' by a DoR with something of a suspect record.There are recent comparisons very close to home......
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

RagingBull wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:27 pm IDK about RG anymore.
Agreed. Unless he'd come at a knock down price which I doubt. Return to Japan I'd guess.

De Allende to France, plenty would pay good money for the physicality he offers.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

Or solidarity for moving on after the pay cut issues?

I wish them all well and agree that things could and should have been handled better during the pay cuts.

Both Genge and Ford are excellent players but ambition seems to have come second to income and possibly a settled family life. That is their choice, but they will be retired rugby players for longer than they play and another £100k in the bank may make little difference to them long term compared to actually winning something and getting the knock on income for that.

I worry that both have made decisions they may reflect negatively on, if not fully regret. Genge would have dropped out of rugby if he had stayed at Bristol so both he and Tigers have done well from the situation so far. I hope they both do OK going forward.

I do not think Whitcomb is ready yet to step up but needs more game time. No other LH playing the England and EPQ matches Genge other than Marler. Any EPQ players elsewhere we could recruit? Australian and New Zealand scrummaging is a bit different than Premiership so difficult to predict how any club level players from their would go week in week out.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Offside wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:10 am Or solidarity for moving on after the pay cut issues?

I wish them all well and agree that things could and should have been handled better during the pay cuts.

Both Genge and Ford are excellent players but ambition seems to have come second to income and possibly a settled family life. That is their choice, but they will be retired rugby players for longer than they play and another £100k in the bank may make little difference to them long term compared to actually winning something and getting the knock on income for that.

I worry that both have made decisions they may reflect negatively on, if not fully regret. Genge would have dropped out of rugby if he had stayed at Bristol so both he and Tigers have done well from the situation so far. I hope they both do OK going forward.

I do not think Whitcomb is ready yet to step up but needs more game time. No other LH playing the England and EPQ matches Genge other than Marler. Any EPQ players elsewhere we could recruit? Australian and New Zealand scrummaging is a bit different than Premiership so difficult to predict how any club level players from their would go week in week out.
My bold.

We dont know about Ellis (yet) but George was offered more by Tigers than by Sale.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Cagey Tiger wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:36 am
Offside wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:10 am Or solidarity for moving on after the pay cut issues?

My bold.

We dont know about Ellis (yet) but George was offered more by Tigers than by Sale.
Not until late in the day though, if the rumours are correct. By then he may already have made plans in regards to being closer to his home town in order to work on those businesses he owns with his girlfriend. Sometimes the clever negotiating tactic is just to put your best foot forward straight away. From the rumours, and I emphasise the rumours aspect, it sounded like we tried to negotiate him to a lower deal and then Sale came in and offered more but we didn't raise our offer above there's until late in the day, by which time to late. I emphasise again, rumours but that's what it sounded like.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:42 pm https://twitter.com/tveainu/status/1471 ... lrIBw&s=19

Veainu on his way to Bristol??
To be honest, I think we saw the best of him at Tigers. Too many injuries and miles on the clock.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Extension for Ali Price at Glasgow:

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/glasgow- ... ali-price/