Baa Baas game called off - Players charged by RFU

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

mol2
Super User
Super User

Re: Baa Baas game called off - Players charged by RFU

Post by mol2 »

Trying not to go off topic but Danny Care has had his England chances. A good player coming off the bench against tiring opposition but has shown he can't control a game in a way that is essential for an international starter. He, like Ben Youngs is aging and England need to move forward. The difference is Ben is still doing it but there are a number of Young guns knocking at the door who are now as good if not better than Care who should be given the opportunity to develop.

As for the Muppets on the list - a degree of leeway for the younger players as they may have been influenced by their seniors. This should be reflected in lesser punishments but I doubt any of them will get off scott free. I suspect the RFU will be wanting a pound of flesh for the loss of very important match revenue so punishments are likely to be as harsh as the rules permit for the senior players.

The likes of Manu Vunipola can't have been far off making the England squad when the Lions are away. I doubt these players will have done their chances of selection much good.

Some of the others are already gone and some should have been removed from the game years ago so no great loss if they receive bans.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Disciplinary hearings commence week beginning 23/11/20:

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/barbaria ... next-week/
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Article by Ben Cisneros giving fact and findings in some detail:

http://rugbyandthelaw.com/2020/12/21/13 ... cellation/
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

h's dad wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:19 am Article by Ben Cisneros giving fact and findings in some detail:

Shocking reading (about what they did). No idea what they were thinking, but I suppose in a way it’s a microcosm of why the country is in the situation it’s in at the moment.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

MCC1964 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:11 am
h's dad wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:19 am Article by Ben Cisneros giving fact and findings in some detail:

Shocking reading (about what they did). No idea what they were thinking, but I suppose in a way it’s a microcosm of why the country is in the situation it’s in at the moment.
Yes a country full of too many people who think they are 'special' and for who the rules of society do not apply and are merely an inconvenience that can be ignored. These people threaten the health and wealth of the nation. Some might argue that their action amounts to a form of biological terrorism and perhaps they should be treated as such.
I'm not cynical just experienced
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

It is difficult to understand how people of experience and intelligence could act in such a stupid and selfish manner. I suspect they will throw the book at them and it will be well deserved. :smt009
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

It happened, they were daft, they have been punished now time to forget it unless any of them do it again then throw the book at them.
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

Noggs wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:32 am It is difficult to understand how people of experience and intelligence could act in such a stupid and selfish manner. I suspect they will throw the book at them and it will be well deserved. :smt009
Thing is, it’s not as if they just went out and did it, which would have been bad enough. It’s the lying to cover tracks and then doing it again. I hadn’t ‘appreciated’ what had actually happened and thought it might just have been a storm in a teacup, but reading these details I’m absolutely stunned. And very surprised that Robshaw seems to be the ringleader. Seems so out of character in terms of the character I thought he was. And yes, I appreciate that our own Mr W isn’t exactly blameless.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Sorry I have no sympathy with breaking COVID rules. Those being fined 10K for organising should be extended to all attending as we can all count up to 6. If you choose to stay you are adding to the possible/likely transmission.
I can accept incidental lapses of judgement leading to a minor transgression. But belligerence and blatant disregard to the rules should be met with the toughest of penalties available.
These high profile players should be setting an example and what does that example show?" Keep calm carry on and hope we don't get caught if we do EJ will cover for us :smt013 "
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Astounding really , what do these guys use instead of brains and common sense......
Hot on the heels of the Barbarians fiasco comes Jonathan Joseph, Elliott Stooke and Gabriel Oghre :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/56034456

Take a bow gents........
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....