Toulon v Tigers - Challenge Cup Semi

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Re: Toulon v Tigers - Challenge Cup Semi

Post by westwinds31 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:52 pm No I’m not trolling,I could say to those constantly making excuses that they are doing the same,no?
No. We didn’t deserve to win, but the officiating was awful. Surely you could see that ? Nobody is saying that was the reason we lost.
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:52 pm No I’m not trolling,I could say to those constantly making excuses that they are doing the same,no?
So you think the officiating for the 80 minutes was completely fair playing field?
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Greenwhiteandred »

Yes Sale been building for 2 years at least. Bath underperformed under Blackadder and started the season pretty poorly - lockdown has helped them as coaches have had time to get their message across
Systonite
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Systonite »

Too many very bad mistakes. Unbelievably bad really. Ford will not play that badly very often and the penalty givers will have to stop doing it or go.
Toulon are not the team they were, but are undefeated in this competition and 4th in the top 14 last season.
We were much closer than the scoreline or the comments on here suggest.
The two players to join who are most significant, Moroni and Van Wyk, will make a big difference and complete the picture.
I'm still hopeful.
Cue disagreement.
Abuse even?
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

If we can’t get decent officiating on the pitch can we at least get a moderator of the board to give Scott1 a red card?
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:45 pm Can’t believe people are still clinging to the officiating excuses! Time to wake up and smell the coffee for Gods sake!
I am. 3 french officials and french producers controlling the replays who set the tone in the first 20 mins - knew we had no chance then.

Yes - ford had a shocker (looked injured to me) and Lav defaulted to type but when you have three dodgy tries and then your perfectly sound scrum from the 5m line is penalised that will impact the result!
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

JP14 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:54 pm I’m banking on Ford getting back up after this but that was dire from our No.10. Jones will not be impressed, especially when there are other English No.10s playing so well in the Prem.
Sadly I agree (a well rested) Farrell is a shoe in to start (when not banned) but I’d be picking Marcus Smith and Jacob Umanga for the autumn.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

westwinds31 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:56 pm
No. We didn’t deserve to win, but the officiating was awful. Surely you could see that ? Nobody is saying that was the reason we lost.
It was,but it wasn’t the reason we lost. It’s the same when we concede a super quick TBP then get praise when we come back Into the game because the other team has switched off. Excuses,excuses all the time
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Agreed. Some of the best attacking shape since Borthwick came in. A few dodgy decisions but errors again and kicking game woeful. Seen enough to give hope.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

chipnchase wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:59 pm
JP14 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:54 pm I’m banking on Ford getting back up after this but that was dire from our No.10. Jones will not be impressed, especially when there are other English No.10s playing so well in the Prem.
Sadly I agree (a well rested) Farrell is a shoe in to start (when not banned) but I’d be picking Marcus Smith and Jacob Umanga for the autumn.
Joe Simmonds ?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Right WBSS cruiserweight final,at least I can get some joy out of a sport I love! Night gents
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:00 pm
It was,but it wasn’t the reason we lost. It’s the same when we concede a super quick TBP then get praise when we come back Into the game because the other team has switched off. Excuses,excuses all the time
Why do you bother then? If the last few years are so bad, why are you here?
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:48 pm Sale buy a few players IMMEDIATE title contenders. Wasps bin Young after a bad run IMMEDIATE title contenders. Bath bin Blackadder IMMEDIATELY turn things around and are title contender. Why not us? Excuses have to stop!
Scott1, your negativity is not good for the forum or discussion. Other teams have some continuity or minimal changes and have played together. Tigers have got new coaches, players in and out, more than other clubs. Tonight was the first time that the backline played together and it was noted in commentary.
Things are heading in the right direction but there is still work to be done.
We cant turn the clocks back but can look to the future.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

chipnchase wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:02 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:00 pm

Why do you bother then? If the last few years are so bad, why are you here?
You can’t just stop loving your club! If only it was that easy
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Farrell can’t and won’t be dropped, don’t think his ban lasts till then. Simmonds has had a bit of an easy ride I would argue at Exeter, his kicking to goal is very good but you need more than that at international level.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni