Formerly of this parish

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Re: Formerly of this parish

Post by Hot_Charlie »

kpj tiger wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 11:31 am Ex-Tigers academy graduate Paolo Odogwu is in the Italy world cup training squad
Good for him.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://twitter.com/DoncasterKnight/sta ... uYI_A&s=19

Former Tiger Thom Smith in the leavers list at Doncaster, doubt it but if we're looking for depth in our squad then could a return be possible?
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 10:44 am https://twitter.com/DoncasterKnight/sta ... uYI_A&s=19

Former Tiger Thom Smith in the leavers list at Doncaster, doubt it but if we're looking for depth in our squad then could a return be possible?
20 leavers seems like a lot! Has anybody been following Donny this season? Has Thom still been playing regularly? I know he was highly rated there the season he left us.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Keiran 'The Fridge' Brookes bagging a Challenge Cup with Toulon tonight.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

kpj tiger wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 10:54 am
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 10:44 am https://twitter.com/DoncasterKnight/sta ... uYI_A&s=19

20 leavers seems like a lot! Has anybody been following Donny this season? Has Thom still been playing regularly? I know he was highly rated there the season he left us.
He was named co-captain before the start of the season. I don't follow them but when I've seen the team this season he's been in it. If he's off then I'd assume he's got an offer elsewhere.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Reckon he could be off to a Prem club

Strikes me as one of those guys who would be a great squad player
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Telusa Veanu rumoured to Sale next season, he moves about a lot seemingly.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

Micky Young, Greg Peterson and Logo Mulipola are amongst 15 leavers at Newcastle.... https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/65697875
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Harry Glynn to Beziers.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Freddie Burns with his best performance of the season guides Highlanders to a victory over the reds to keep their top 8 hopes alive.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Rugbygramps wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:58 am Freddie Burns with his best performance of the season guides Highlanders to a victory over the reds to keep their top 8 hopes alive.
And on Twitter a few people are pointing out he's now eligible for Ireland with their issues with a backup to Sexton
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Louis

Post by Louis »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:35 am
Rugbygramps wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:58 am Freddie Burns with his best performance of the season guides Highlanders to a victory over the reds to keep their top 8 hopes alive.
And on Twitter a few people are pointing out he's now eligible for Ireland with their issues with a backup to Sexton
Okay, I clearly have The Stupid. How is this possible? I know he has main team England caps.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Louis wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 1:23 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:35 am
Okay, I clearly have The Stupid. How is this possible? I know he has main team England caps.
Rules changed he can play for Ireland since he hasn’t had a England cap in the last 3 years
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

Is Freddie being confused with his brother Billy, who plays 10 for Ulster and has put the green jersey of Ireland on in the past?

Twitter is full of people spouting nonsense. This could be another example.
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

WirralExile wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:56 pm Is Freddie being confused with his brother Billy, who plays 10 for Ulster and has put the green jersey of Ireland on in the past?

Twitter is full of people spouting nonsense. This could be another example.
No that’s correct. If you have not played for another country for 3 years plus, you can play for a country as long as you qualify through another reason other than residency. I.e. grandparents

They were saying during a recent commentary that Kerr-Barlow the La Rochelle 9, was available for Australia even though he has All Blacks caps, and I think Fekitoa is now playing for Samoa