Formerly of this parish

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Formerly of this parish

Post by Scott1 »

ay2oh wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 6:16 pm By good do you mean not finishing bottom 😂
It’s a start 😂
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Fomer Academy lad now at Ampthill Looshead Prop Jamie Jack has joined Edinburgh
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

George Skivington signs an extended deal, I liked him as a player, will be interesting if he can take Glaws that extra step.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
LekkerTigers

Post by LekkerTigers »

tigerburnie wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:17 pm George Skivington signs an extended deal, I liked him as a player, will be interesting if he can take Glaws that extra step.
England job after.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://twitter.com/ealingtfrugby/statu ... a34oQ&s=19

Holmes officially confirmed as a Ealing player.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 1:14 pm https://twitter.com/ealingtfrugby/statu ... a34oQ&s=19

Interesting that a Welsh region weren't able to pay him what he felt was his going rate yet a side, albeit a very ambitious one, in the Championship can. Does that say more about the money floating around at Ealing, the lack of money in Wales or that the relationship was so broken down between Holmes and Pivac/WRU/Dragons that he'd happily take a pay cut to get away?
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 1:43 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 1:14 pm https://twitter.com/ealingtfrugby/statu ... a34oQ&s=19

Interesting that a Welsh region weren't able to pay him what he felt was his going rate yet a side, albeit a very ambitious one, in the Championship can. Does that say more about the money floating around at Ealing, the lack of money in Wales or that the relationship was so broken down between Holmes and Pivac/WRU/Dragons that he'd happily take a pay cut to get away?
Probably the latter Dave. Pivac seems less than popular as it is, but the system is broken. I've always said making a move to Wales, being lumbered with Newport in the rain on a Friday in November and then not being chosen for squads....are you surprised? I'm more surprised it isn't happening more.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

jgriffin wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 1:56 pm
longlivethecrumbie wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 1:43 pm

Probably the latter Dave. Pivac seems less than popular as it is, but the system is broken. I've always said making a move to Wales, being lumbered with Newport in the rain on a Friday in November and then not being chosen for squads....are you surprised? I'm more surprised it isn't happening more.
I think that the main charge levied at the WRU is that they only seem to be bothered about the Millennium Stadium being full on international weekends with the regional game coming a very, very distant second.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 1:59 pm

I think that the main charge levied at the WRU is that they only seem to be bothered about the Millennium Stadium being full on international weekends with the regional game coming a very, very distant second.
The same could be said of the English RFU and the cabbage patch, they have killed the Championship, made an unholy mess of the restructuring of the National leagues and to top it all we are still stuck with skippy.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

tigerburnie wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:37 pm
longlivethecrumbie wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 1:59 pm

The same could be said of the English RFU and the cabbage patch, they have killed the Championship, made an unholy mess of the restructuring of the National leagues and to top it all we are still stuck with skippy.
Blazers will be blazers, even when converted from boozers (I'm looking at you, Bill & Jason).
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Vereniki Goneva leaves Mont - de - Marsan for Chambery. A great Tiger! :smt038
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Ryan Olowofela and Jack Roberts both released by Jersey
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I see George Worth has started the last 3 rebels games on the wing.
On the bench tomorrow for their game v Highlanders
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Nick Malouf had a pretty good weekend as he captained Australia 7s to win the London leg of HSBC 7s
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Chobbsy wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 9:54 am Nick Malouf had a pretty good weekend as he captained Australia 7s to win the London leg of HSBC 7s
Get him back! His pace is just what we need! :smt003