Next week versus Bath then Irish!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Downsouth

Re: Next week versus Bath then Irish!

Post by Downsouth »

Looks like most people are being sensible and not trying to second guess the team.....I think Steward has to start. After that target Bath but keep a spine for Irish of say Kerr, Green (c) liebenberg or Wallace, White, Henry and Taute. So for Saturday something like Genge, Youngs, Cole, Enever, Lavanini, Wells, Reffell, Taufua, Young, Ford, Olowofela, Hardwick or Worth, Scott, Williams, Steward. Hopefully at least one of Brink, Nadolo or Mamukashvili will be fit for Gloucester
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

From yesterday's podcast it would appear Simmons is in the squad for Saturday, Martin being trailed on the Website but ahead of Henderson would be surprising.
Would like our first choice half backs mixed up for a bit & might make sense to give Taute Saturday off to play Weds.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:24 am From yesterday's podcast it would appear Simmons is in the squad for Saturday, Martin being trailed on the Website but ahead of Henderson would be surprising.
Would like our first choice half backs mixed up for a bit & might make sense to give Taute Saturday off to play Weds.
Bath have got quite a big engine room we might be opting for Martin for a bit of extra size off the bench.

I'd have thought we'd split Lavanini/Green and then Enever/Wells between weekend and mid week teams. Henderson and Martin maybe to get a run off the bench to get them some experience and continue their development.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

LEICESTER (vs Bath, Saturday)

15. Zack Henry; 14. Harry Potter, 13. George Worth, 12. Guy Porter, 11. Harry Simmons; 10. Johnny McPhillips, 9 Ben White (capt); 1. Nephi Leatigaga; 2. Jake Kerr, 3. Joe Heyes, 4. Tomas Lavanini, 5. Blake Enever, 6. George Martin, 7. Luke Wallace, 8. Thom Smith. Reps: 16. Charlie Clare, 17. Ryan Bower, 18. Dan Cole, 19. Cameron Henderson, 20. Jordan Coghlan, 21. Jack van Poortvliet, 22. Tom Hardwick, 23. Freddie Steward.
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

watching Irish vs Saints I have to say they look awful
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

If we play like we have against Bath then we have no chance.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

sapajo wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:59 pm If we play like we have against Bath then we have no chance.
And with what is certain to be very much changed team, with much more experience, how much of chance do you reckon that will be? 1%?2%? :smt018
You are a troll and I claim my £10 😛