Team for Exeter

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Mark62
Super User
Super User

Re: Team for Exeter

Post by Mark62 »

happywomble wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:52 am Match officials got announced on the tigers page at 9am:

The match officials for Leicester Tigers’ return to rugby after the COVID-19 lockdown have been revealed.
Tom Foley will take the whistle at Sandy Park as Tigers take on Exeter Chiefs in Round 14 of the Gallagher Premiership this Saturday (August 15, 2.00pm).
He will be assisted from the touchlines by Greg Macdonald and Jonathan Healy, while Stuart Terheege will serve as Television Match Official.
Foley last took charge of a Tigers fixture in Round 2 of this season’s Gallagher Premiership, at home to Saracens
Could be worse let’s hope he keeps players on their feet at ruck time as well as penalising coming in from the side, also the offside line.
happywomble

Post by happywomble »

And the Exeter conga line....
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Could be worse...
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Cannot abide Tom Foolery, I think he makes Tim Wigglesworth look competent.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

The day a ref properly referees the breakdown vs the Chiefs it will be interesting to see if they can still compete...the superman impressions at ruck time are obvious yet not penalised.
Almost as invisible as the many infringements Itoje gets away with.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
happywomble

Post by happywomble »

Quite proud that Tigers are one of the three teams to take a knee for BLM

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/rug ... 66911.html
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

happywomble wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:13 pm Quite proud that Tigers are one of the three teams to take a knee for BLM

I honestly believe that as per Formula 1 it should be left to the individual player to show support in their own way.
You’re not telling me that of all the players and support staff there won’t be a couple who feel uncomfortable with taking a knee, but as usual peer pressure kicks in.
Super User
Super User

Mark62 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:17 pm
happywomble wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:13 pm Quite proud that Tigers are one of the three teams to take a knee for BLM

I honestly believe that as per Formula 1 it should be left to the individual player to show support in their own way.
You’re not telling me that of all the players and support staff there won’t be a couple who feel uncomfortable with taking a knee, but as usual peer pressure kicks in.
Or in the spirit of togetherness?
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:26 pm

People should be left to make individual decisions in the way they feel most comfortable in supporting, or not supporting this movement, end of imo
Super User
Super User

Mark62 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:30 pm

People should be left to make individual decisions in the way they feel most comfortable in supporting, or not supporting this movement, end of imo
Again perhaps they have, we don't know.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

I agree, it is now a political organisation and should be kept well away from sport!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:37 pm
Mark62 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:30 pm

Again perhaps they have, we don't know.
Very true we don’t, but I also feel that the 9 clubs who have chosen not to take a knee are not criticised for it.
If Tigers had chosen not to it would barely have registered. England and Pakistan’s cricketers chose not to and it 3as mentioned once
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

so if no one is making a fuse about teams not taking a knee why are people questioning us taking one and how it might make some "uncomfortable".
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

RagingBull wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:51 pm so if no one is making a fuse about teams not taking a knee why are people questioning us taking one and how it might make some "uncomfortable".
Twisting my words there RB. What I’m saying is that if everyone of the 23 man squad is happy taking a knee, same with the coaching staff, but if even 1 player feels uncomfortable doing so he shouldn’t feel pressured to do so.
Not unreasonable is it, isn’t that what this political protest is all about, everybody being equal, and having the right to make their own decisions.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Mark62 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:57 pm
RagingBull wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:51 pm so if no one is making a fuse about teams not taking a knee why are people questioning us taking one and how it might make some "uncomfortable".
Twisting my words there RB. What I’m saying is that if everyone of the 23 man squad is happy taking a knee, same with the coaching staff, but if even 1 player feels uncomfortable doing so he shouldn’t feel pressured to do so.
Not unreasonable is it, isn’t that what this political protest is all about, everybody being equal, and having the right to make their own decisions.

I mean you said it was peer pressure.