LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE IV: A New Hope

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE IV: A New Hope

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

When they played being the point with those 2 & in Manus case he didn't look fully on it for us.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE IV: A New Hope

Post by chipnchase »

Tiglon wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:20 pm
RagingBull wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:47 am
ay2oh wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:39 am
I would guess at around £1M between the 3 of them
My guess is
£550,000 - Manu
£300,000 - May
£250,000 - Veainu

Replacements maybe
£230,000 - Moroni
£200,000 - Nadolo
£150,000 - Murimurivalu
Practically half the price, if you're right!

I suppose it helps hugely when a group of young players break through at the same time. Saracens, Exeter, Wasps and Tigers have all had plenty of homegrown players when they've been at the top.
I’ve heard a couple of interviews with Nadolo where he’s made clear that he isn’t here for the cash so that amount would be the upper limit I’d imagine. Considering we didn’t expect Manu and Veainu to go I should expect we’ve got some budget left however with the rebalancing since covid I can only imagine we won’t be spending it.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Murimurivalu, Moroni, Van Wyk, Wiese, Wallace and Porter all came after those players left so not sure how much free space might be about.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Surprised Adam Thompstone hasn't picked up a team yet, maybe when the champ starts?
He's lost his pace but reckon he could do a good job at 13 for a Championship team.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

chipnchase wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:52 pm
Tiglon wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:20 pm
RagingBull wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:47 am

My guess is
£550,000 - Manu
£300,000 - May
£250,000 - Veainu

Replacements maybe
£230,000 - Moroni
£200,000 - Nadolo
£150,000 - Murimurivalu
Practically half the price, if you're right!

I suppose it helps hugely when a group of young players break through at the same time. Saracens, Exeter, Wasps and Tigers have all had plenty of homegrown players when they've been at the top.
I’ve heard a couple of interviews with Nadolo where he’s made clear that he isn’t here for the cash so that amount would be the upper limit I’d imagine. Considering we didn’t expect Manu and Veainu to go I should expect we’ve got some budget left however with the rebalancing since covid I can only imagine we won’t be spending it.
I think one of the reasons he came here is we said we'd allow him to play internationals again
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

TRP reports that Bonilla had impressed so much we are looking to extent his contract which will mean Zach Henry is off.

Hmm....
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

MCC1964 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:22 am TRP reports that Bonilla had impressed so much we are looking to extent his contract which will mean Zach Henry is off.

Hmm....
That sounds like complete insanity
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Maybe post the whole thing instead of taking the headline.

Henry out as Tigers keep Bonilla Longer
Leicester Tigers are looking to extend the contract of Juan Diaz Bonilla even though it could cost them Zack Henry’s services.
The Argentine International moved to Welford Road ahead of this season but has impressed enough for head coach Steve Borthwick to want to sit down and discuss a longer contract.
Blindside has been told the Brighton born Henry 26, who was signed from Normandy base Rouen, could be on his way out of the club as a result.

Now couple of thing too this
1. The title doesn’t match the actual content.
2. Henry was signed from Nevers

Personally I think after Fissler little rant about Borthwick not giving injury info to the press therefore making it harder to work out who’s in favour or not it sort of highlights how much is just trying to connect dots.
Borthwick in talks with Bonilla still Henry must be off for example.
Sort of backed up with Sale now being the ones in talks with Taylor.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

MCC1964 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:22 am TRP reports that Bonilla had impressed so much we are looking to extent his contract which will mean Zach Henry is off.

Hmm....
I'm pretty sure those names need swapping around for that article to have any weight!
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:25 am Maybe post the whole thing instead of taking the headline.

Leicester Tigers are looking to extend the contract of Juan Diaz Bonilla even though it could cost them Zack Henry’s services.
The Argentine International moved to Welford Road ahead of this season but has impressed enough for head coach Steve Borthwick to want to sit down and discuss a longer contract.
Blindside has been told the Brighton born Henry 26, who was signed from Normandy base Rouen, could be on his way out of the club as a result.

Personally I think after Fissler little rant about Borthwick not giving injury info to the press therefore making it harder to work out who’s in favour or not it sort of highlights how much is just trying to connect dots.
Thank you for your polite suggestion. As you can see my précis pretty much sums up the ‘content’, if you can call it that. Had there been more substance I might well have.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

All of the rumours from whatever the source make interesting enough reading but should be taken with a pinch of salt until signed, sealed and delivered as fact.Much like carpet bombing , sooner or later you have to hit a target....
Neil F and 'The Ruck' easily rival and in many cases outstrip Tolkien,Pratchett and Rowling when it comes to writing fantasy.Nevertheless though , still a good read and always enjoyable .....
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

I find some posters view on Henry as the 2nd coming as far off target as most transfer talk, a step up on some previous back up 10's certainly, but a back up at best, I wonder if Costelow might of signed on for another contract if he would've been given a nod & a wink to being next cab off the rank.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

I trust RB's info before most other rumours
Hehehehehehehehe
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

There doesn't seem to be any news/chat about any additions to the coaching team. It is several months now since Boris and Taylor left, and since Smith and Harrison were brought in from the Academy to temporarily cover.
Maybe they are doing so well, that Borthwick is happy? If so, the Academy needs replacements as imo, it would be reckless to jeopardise what has become a significant flow of home-grown talent.
Borthwick mentions how well he thinks the coaches are working in his LTTV piece, and that there will be further squad 're-shaping' to come in respect of players, but nothing on any coaching team.
Anyone have any thoughts?
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:25 am Maybe post the whole thing instead of taking the headline.

Exactly, I'd make another point. With a regular international you need 3 options you are positively happy to play in a position. Extending Bonilla would have little to no impact on Henry's prospects of either game time or a contract. Given Henry only joined in the summer I would be fairly surprised if he was not on a 2 year contract minimum.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!