Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD Part 2

Post by Scott1 »

No more signings by the looks of it,if that's it then meh
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

RagingBull wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:03 am Well if he’s the international quality lock then I will just say typical
My thoughts exactly. If Enever is in addition to 'the international quality second row' and Lavanini stays then our locks will be in a much better place for next season.

If Enever is the international quality lock and Lavanini goes then I will be really worried. Our lineout locks have been a weakness since Parling departed.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Personally would welcome both,and see how they actually perform for us...
Club strength is built around many facets , not just stardust.
Would hope ,of course,that we can and/or will keep who we have but I would presume that those who remain would want to be here and for me that counts a great deal.....
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

Likewise - welcome to Tigers!
While on paper he looks a similar standard of player to the locks we have lost - the likes of Kitchener and Spencer, but presumably Steve Borthwick has sanctioned the signing and he can see qualities to work with.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Looks like that’s it for the time being, Enever was certainly surprising and I concur that his international experience is limited but hey there are locks out there of international quality with no caps (Ruan Botha, Elliott Stooke, Jaques du Plessis etc) so we’ll wait and see.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

MurphysLaw wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:06 pm Likewise - welcome to Tigers!
While on paper he looks a similar standard of player to the locks we have lost - the likes of Kitchener and Spencer, but presumably Steve Borthwick has sanctioned the signing and he can see qualities to work with.

Not always been the case with our signings also.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

For me at best he is viewed more as Kalamafoni's replacement in terms of provides Back row cover, with Liebenberg being able to shuffle to 8 if Brink was to get injured.
I hope he isn't viewed as Spencers replacement.
I really hope he isn't viewed as Lavanini's replacement.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

JP14 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:07 pm Looks like that’s it for the time being, Enever was certainly surprising and I concur that his international experience is limited but hey there are locks out there of international quality with no caps (Ruan Botha, Elliott Stooke, Jaques du Plessis etc) so we’ll wait and see.
Also South Africas and England's lock depth is incredible though.

https://twitter.com/Argentina_2027/stat ... 1787360257

"I have information that Leicester Tigers have signed another Puma.

I have the name but I can't share anything yet."

Money on Montoya?
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

For me if someone has international caps and they are still in their twenties that makes them international class. Ed Slater had fewer caps and most would be delighted to see him back with us. I can't say I know much about this player but my opinions will be formed when I see him actually playing, I will not be blinded by supposed star rating elsewhere od disapointed with announcements of players I am not familiar with. Enver has been capped, Tafua has not and I am very happy with his performances for us. I assume the signings announced were agreed before the pandemic, wondering if there is more to come?
Last edited by johnthegriff on Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

RagingBull wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:16 pm
JP14 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:07 pm Looks like that’s it for the time being, Enever was certainly surprising and I concur that his international experience is limited but hey there are locks out there of international quality with no caps (Ruan Botha, Elliott Stooke, Jaques du Plessis etc) so we’ll wait and see.
Also South Africas and England's lock depth is incredible though.

https://twitter.com/Argentina_2027/stat ... 1787360257

"I have information that Leicester Tigers have signed another Puma.

I have the name but I can't share anything yet."

Money on Montoya?
You would imagine it will be Montoya or Allemano
Richardfje

Post by Richardfje »

For me spending big money on Montoya is a waste as we’ve got a fairly stocked group of hookers.

I’d hope it would either be Alemmeno or maybe with a lot of luck Boffelli.
Argentinians have a good history at Leicester with the like of Ayerza and Agulla getting a lot of joy here so I wouldn’t be surprised if the players saw that.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

johnthegriff wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:24 pm For me if someone has international caps and they are still in their twenties that makes them international class. Ed Spencer had fewer caps and most would be delighted to see him back with us. I can't say I know much about this player but my opinions will be formed when I see him actually playing, I will not be blinded by supposed star rating elsewhere od disapointed with announcements of players I am not familiar with. Enver has been capped, Tafua has not and I am very happy with his performances for us. I assume the signings announced were agreed before the pandemic, wondering if there is more to come?
But Taufua had 100 super rugby caps and 73 starts in 7 seasons
Enever had 48 super rugby caps and 22 starts in 7 seasons
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Ed Spencer had fewer caps and most would be delighted to see him back with us. I can't say I know much about this player
Clearly!! :smt002
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

johnthegriff wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:24 pm For me if someone has international caps and they are still in their twenties that makes them international class. Ed Spencer had fewer caps and most would be delighted to see him back with us. I can't say I know much about this player but my opinions will be formed when I see him actually playing, I will not be blinded by supposed star rating elsewhere od disapointed with announcements of players I am not familiar with. Enver has been capped, Tafua has not and I am very happy with his performances for us. I assume the signings announced were agreed before the pandemic, wondering if there is more to come?
Who’s Ed Spencer ?
A2O
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Assume he meant Slater.